General Chat

Stevo985

no where at all, the forum just got a bit...well...drab, so I took a few months off, I've barely watched or followed the villa over the last few months but after todays result I thought I'd drop by and see how my fellow brethrin were holding up

Glory hunter! ;)

Good to see you back mate.

Can anybody recommend a decent pub near VP that you can drink with away fans in? Some of my family are Watford and I'd like to have a drink with them before the game.

Witton Arms behind the North Stand is usually half and half.

Can anybody recommend a decent pub near VP that you can drink with away fans in? Some of my family are Watford and I'd like to have a drink with them before the game.

Witton Arms behind the North Stand is usually half and half.

Isn't it in separate sections though? Been in a few times in the marquee out the front and it was all villa fans

you normally get a mix in the yew tree which is not too far away.

Was going to mention the Yew Tree, but I've not been in there for years. I recall being in there with a few Baggies fans I knew, but that was when Simon Grayson was still playing for us! 

you normally get a mix in the yew tree which is not too far away.

Was going to mention the Yew Tree, but I've not been in there for years. I recall being in there with a few Baggies fans I knew, but that was when Simon Grayson was still playing for us! 

yeah its alright in there although the beer was shit. drank in there when we last played wolves with a few mates who are dingles and the other season when we played everton and had a drink with the scousers after the game. bloody hell thats going back a few years.

because i don't want to derail an on topic thread, i will continue this matter of great importance here: how do you prefer your steak?

for me, it has to be cooked rare and served with béarnaise sauce & chunky chips.

Rare also, but I like plain old English mustard on mine. Chips goes without saying, and if you want to chuck in a few fried mushrooms, a couple of onion rings, and some garden peas, I won't mind. 

Edited by dAVe80

Fillet or ribeye. Medium rare. Fried in garlic butter. With fried mushrooms and either chips or French bread. Bottle of Bordeaux. Then some nice mature brie to finish off the bread and wine with.

• Like 4

Fillet or ribeye. Medium rare. Fried in garlic butter. With fried mushrooms and either chips or French bread. Bottle of Bordeaux. Then some nice mature brie to finish off the bread and wine with.

Nice. Except I'd go with rare and have to have some horseradish there, too. Er, and swap out the Bordeaux for a Fitou (cue a post from Tony ;)).

Edited by snowychap

Nice. Except I'd go with rare and have to have some horseradish there, too. Er, and swap out the Bordeaux for a Fitou (cue a post from Tony [emoji6]).

I always go with horseradish with a roast joint of beef, but not with a steak.

The fitou would be fine, although it can be a touch on the heavy side for me.

• Like 1

Â