General Chat

Stevo985

I've just got everyone at work with this old gem

You see a shirt for £97, but you haven't got the money to buy it, so you borrow £50 off your Mum and £50 off your Dad. £50+£50=£100. You buy the shirt and have £3 change, you give your Mum £1, your Dad £1 and keep £1 to yourself.

Now you owe them both £49

£49 + £49 = £98 + Your £1 = £99

Where's the other Pound?

• Like 1

You see a shirt for £97, but you haven't got the money to buy it, so you borrow £50 off your Mum and £50 off your Dad. £50+£50=£100. You buy the shirt and have £3 change, you give your Mum £1, your Dad £1 and keep £1 to yourself.

Where's the other Pound?

Take the owed values as negatives to yourself and the £1 as positive because you have that. You are in a negative of £98 and have the £1 positive making yourself £97 down. You're trying to get the value of the shirt not the £100

I'm not sure that what I've said makes sense...

Who pays £97 for a shirt!?

you dont add on your £1, it's already included in the £98 you owe.

you've borrowed £100 and given back £2. so you still owe £98 total (£97 shirt plus £1 you've kept), £49 each.

no missing money

Edited by andym

Where's the other Pound?

Why would you add the pound you took to the debt? you don't owe it as you already have it available to give to your parents so you take it away. Give your mom the pound that you inexplicably kept for yourself and you have paid off £3 of the £100 debt, with £48 owed to mother and £49 owed to father, which comes to the £97 you gave to the shop. Take a course in maths, get a job and pay back your debt.

• Like 1

Where's the other Pound?

you'll be wowing them with free chocolate next  ...

qjjlkGm.gif

Dan Greaves won a gold in the discus today at the commonwealth games. A fellow villa fan. Talks about villa loads on his twitter @DiscusDan

Wonder if he posts on VillaTalk ... It's long overdue a proper sportsman type

• Like 2

This week is going to be very long. I've finished all the work that I have for this month, and won't have any more work to do until next Monday. If I could go home or to the pub, that'd be great, but I can't, so.. I'm... Bored!!

Â