General Chat

Stevo985

I don't like cricket. I'm also not a big fan of The Simpsons anymore. I don't think we should be friends.

I don't like cricket. Oh no...

I LOVE IT!!

I don't. I hate cricket.

bloody hell doug, ay saw you on OT for a while.

You know what it's like, you spend a couple of weeks away and it takes a while to catch up with all the in-jokes.

I say that, I've made absolutely no effort to do that at all.

I am 30 today and I am pissed! If I had a picture of and ant eater that I could use right now I would

The next 3 days of my life will largely involve drinking

Here you go:

Angry-Anteater-Come-at-me-Bro-Funny-meme

You know in 'The Raccoons', were the baddies Anteaters?

EDIT - No, they were Aardvarks.

EDIT #2 - Aren't they the same thing?

EDIT #3 - No mate, anteaters and aardvarks are often lumped together as assumed relatives. People may even refer to aardvarks as "anteaters." Granted, they share similar facial features like elongated snouts and tongues. The anteater's tongue can extend up to 24 inches (60 centimeters) to probe inside anthills and extract ants by the hundreds. Anteaters can flick their tongues in and out of the hill as fast as 150 times per minute. At that rate, they may consume 30,000 ants and termites in one day.

The aardvark's tongue is about half as long since its body is generally smaller than an anteater's, but it still gets the job done. Both animals' hollow snouts produce a suctioning effect to help suck angry termites and ants quickly out of the mounds and into their mouths. Enlarged salivary glands produce thick, sticky saliva that traps the insects on the tongues.

Anteaters and aardvarks also share sensory similarities. It doesn't take keen eyesight to spot immobile food targets like anthills and termite mounds. Accordingly, both species have lackluster vision but powerful olfactory senses, which allow them to sniff out their subterranean meals. Once they locate their food source, aardvarks and anteaters can use their strong front claws to rip into the mound and start lapping up the tasty ants or termites. By striking deeply and quickly into the insect fortresses, anteaters' and aardvarks' sneak attacks help them avoid the wrath of soldier ants that deliver stinging bites.

But just because two people enjoy eating the same foods with the same utensils doesn't mean they're cut from the same genetic cloth. Rather, they use comparable mechanisms to feed themselves. The same goes with the anteater and aardvark.

EDIT #4 - Did you just copy + paste that from somewhere.

EDIT #5 - .....No.

EDIT #6 - Okay, Cheers for the info, bye.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

Well here's an idea. In future, don't post a question if you plan on Googling it yourself and then edit your post with the answer to your question, making the person kind enough to be around at 3am to answer your childhood cartoon-themed questions and talk to your lanky ass look like an asshole!

tumblr_n7mvav9y1e1s8ul9wo7_r2_250.gif

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

'Why would x need a car?' is a question I have asked many a time over the years, but Sonic is indeed one character that does not need a car. Sonic Racing is just a ridiculous idea.

It's the same with Spider-man. I remember seeing adverts a few years back selling Spider-man action figures and he had a bloody car back then. I mean, aside from the fact that web-slinging is not only way cooler and more original than driving, the traffic in New York City is amongst some of the worst in the world! It's just not viable for Spider-man to own a vehicle, especially on the earnings that Peter Parker must be on as a freelance photographer for a newspaper ran by a guy with a wallet tighter than a gnat's clearing in the woods.

But Sonic? He could easily outrun his own car. Ridiculous.

tumblr_n7mvav9y1e1s8ul9wo2_r1_250.gif

That car flies though, Sonic can't fly can he?

Can he run up stuff though? So that would mean he wouldn't need a car to fly.

Why does he have a flying car anyway? Should just have a plane. More practical I suppose?

I suppose Sonic does get tired now and then, so he can jump in the car in those times, save his energy.

Tails has a plane (Although it has Sonic's name on it)

tumblr_m2uh2j2jv61qd6q29o2_1280.jpg

Sonic just stealing a ride here.

Tails is thinking "I have had it with these motherflaning Hedgehogs on my motherflanning plane!"

EDIT - I have just thought! Tails doesn't need a plane either!

tails_flying_animation_by_darkblur123.gi

What are these **** playing at?

(Probably the same question anyone who reads this conversation would ask about us)

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

Sonic is quick enough to run up vertical surfaces, has Tail's biplane AND can turn into Super Sonic in which I believe he can fly, so there are no practical uses for him to have a car other than for Sega to try and piggyback off the massive success of Mario Kart.

Speaking of Sonic - and I **** love Sonic by the way, Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were my absolute favourite games growing up - you reminded of Video Games Live that I caught again a little while ago on Sky Arts (they show it every now and again so if you have that channel definitely try and watch it).

Anyway, they did an awesome Sonic medley. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSy3lkpxvFE

The Mega Man medley is also absolutely brilliant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_1U6EiC7M

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Psh, video games have some absolutely amazing music. I'd love to go and see one of these shows sometime. Not only are they really amazingly well done, but I can imagine the feeling of nostalgia that comes with hearing a piece of 8-bit music you heard all the time as a kid playing away on your games being brought to life by a full orchestra is incredible.

• Like 1

Â