General Chat

Stevo985

The times they are a changin' (In the USA)

Just rode my bike down near a local park with sports fields, playground, etc.

Empty Little League baseball field

Soccer field with about 150 young kids being instructed in passing drills

Send the coach down Bodymoor Heath way when he's done
  • Like 1

I've never wanted the ground to swallow me up as much as I did last night. I went to see this singer/guitarist at a small gig. He was telling me how he gets paid £500 for weddings. I slagged him off to a couple afterwards. I said 'why would you pay £500 for that, he's pretty shite.' He overheard. Plus the couple are having him at their wedding next year. I'm still cringing.

• Like 2

Stand tall. Its your opinion and you are entitled to it. Was he genuinely rubbish? If so then **** him and **** that couple for being idiots. People should not be ashamed for calling a spade a spade.

Being at Glastonbury then coming back to a job I have no interest in has really done my swede in.

Strongly tempted to give in my notice.

I recently quit my job, it's quite liberating! Today I've been reading my book in my back yard while working on my tan. Had a nice bike ride, and then went for a light run. Rode my down to a lake and watched the swans drift around. Picked up a six pack of Clausthaler which I intend to sip on as I watch the sunset. Then I'm gonna watch the Tour de France which I recorded this morning. I don't care that I'm hemorrhaging money at the moment!

I'd love to leave my job but wouldn't be able to relax knowing my money would run out if i never got another job! 

For the first time in my life I actually have a job I like, and would like to keep. The pay isn't the best  (£22k) but it will do for now and there is plenty of scope for upward progression working for a big international company like Colliers International.

For me to leave a job I would need to have at least £4,000 in the bank to keep me tide over until my next role. Especially as I have £350 a month rent to pay.

Edited by Voinjama

What do you do at Colliers? I used to work at Chesterton International, who were chartered surveyors / property consultants, until they went bust in the early 2000's! I see one of my old bosses, Graham Ryall, is a Director at Colliers.

I've never wanted the ground to swallow me up as much as I did last night. I went to see this singer/guitarist at a small gig. He was telling me how he gets paid £500 for weddings. I slagged him off to a couple afterwards. I said 'why would you pay £500 for that, he's pretty shite.' He overheard. Plus the couple are having him at their wedding next year. I'm still cringing.

Haha, that reminds me of a time when I was working at this bar and was taking to these girls...they said that they had just come from another bar down the street, and mentioned one of the bartenders there (a real shithead)....

I said "Oh yeah, that guy's a real shithead."

To which one of the girls replied, "He's my fiancee."

Should've been asleep a couple of hours ago really, but I'm finally feeling proper scared about this move. Going on my own for the first 3 weeks too and I'll really miss my other half. It'll be the longest we've been apart.

I know Vancouver's an amazing place, I know I'm really fortunate, and I know it's only 3 weeks away from the wife, but by crikey I've got the yips tonight!

• Like 1

Should've been asleep a couple of hours ago really, but I'm finally feeling proper scared about this move. Going on my own for the first 3 weeks too and I'll really miss my other half. It'll be the longest we've been apart.

I know Vancouver's an amazing place, I know I'm really fortunate, and I know it's only 3 weeks away from the wife, but by crikey I've got the yips tonight!

Best of luck you'll be fine I'm sure, with technology these days you can always make contact with those you love
  • Like 1

Raging rage!

Been a really hard weekend... was at a festival and it all went mental (I was looking working on a stand). Two of my colleagues got into a fight with each other, then one of their partners threatened another, all walked out and I had to cover the whole weekend alone. So fed up of covering up the shit and acting as spindoctor "We had a fantastic weekend... success..." etc...! So am home for the afternoon and am just gonna play FM and watch films.

STRESSSSSSSSED!

Â