General Chat

Stevo985

On a separate note, can you put stuff up for sale on VT? Like in a sig or summat? Got a few tech gadgets I want to offload to fund a new phone. PM me if you want the details.

If only the mods would draw up a list of rules and link to them in the bottom right of every single page.

Would be surprised if anyone knew that link existed.

• Like 2

No, you're probably correct. They aren't there and we make it all up as we go along.

Everyone signing up to the site is told where to find them and asked to read them. Twice.

No, you're probably correct. They aren't there and we make it all up as we go along.

Everyone signing up to the site is told where to find them and asked to read them. Twice.

Who actually reads t & c's and rules though when you join a site?? Yep no one.

• Like 1

Who actually reads t & c's and rules though when you join a site?? Yep no one.

But at least you know they are there for when you do have questions.

On a separate note, can you put stuff up for sale on VT? Like in a sig or summat? Got a few tech gadgets I want to offload to fund a new phone. PM me if you want the details.

If only the mods would draw up a list of rules and link to them in the bottom right of every single page.

I don't really want to get into an argument or anything, but, with the subject at hand the guidelines are contradictory.

Firstly they say:

Signatures may contain small, discrete adverts

Then further down there's this:

Please don't advertise your stuff or your site on these boards.

With that last bit being in the advert section which one would assume is more to do with the ads at the side and top of the page. So surely if someone wanted to know if they could sell their stuff on here the best thing to do is ask somewhere like General Chat where someone might know and not just making a new topic, as I'm sure you and the other mods won't want to be constantly asked if people can advertise their electronics and what not or locking threads.

If you're going to get sarcastic when someone asks a question, you should probably be aware that the guidelines, in this instance, don't actually make things clearer as they're contradictory.

As I say, I'm not looking for an argument or anything, just wanted to point out that the guidelines for this particular subject aren't all that clear.

I don't really want to get into an argument or anything, but, with the subject at hand the guidelines are contradictory.

Firstly they say:

Signatures may contain small, discrete adverts

Then further down there's this:

Please don't advertise your stuff or your site on these boards.

With that last bit being in the advert section which one would assume is more to do with the ads at the side and top of the page. So surely if someone wanted to know if they could sell their stuff on here the best thing to do is ask somewhere like General Chat where someone might know and not just making a new topic, as I'm sure you and the other mods won't want to be constantly asked if people can advertise their electronics and what not or locking threads.

If you're going to get sarcastic when someone asks a question, you should probably be aware that the guidelines, in this instance, don't actually make things clearer as they're contradictory.

As I say, I'm not looking for an argument or anything, just wanted to point out that the guidelines for this particular subject aren't all that clear.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

If you quote the whole section on adverts:

SPAM / Adverts

Please don't advertise your stuff or your site on these boards. Adverts will be deleted. If you wish to promote something or wish to buy advertising space, Contact the admin for permission. This includes ebay auctions. (Also see the signatures section.)

Quite clearly this is telling you to see the signatures section which explains that signatures can contain adverts. You still can't post adverts though. Please feel free to suggest some different wording if you don't think it's clear enough.

So I'm back from Vancouver having found a house to rent.  Two weeks left in the UK and then I'm over there for real.

Can move into the new place on August 1st.  Or I could if I wasn't in LA.  And then San Francisco.  So I can move into the new place on August 5th.  for two nights until I come back to England for a week.

• Like 3

So I'm back from Vancouver having found a house to rent.  Two weeks left in the UK and then I'm over there for real.

Where did you pick? North Van? Kits? Richmond? ;)

• Like 1

Â