General Chat

Stevo985

VT, you decide. South of France, Spain or Malta for a holiday. Non tonyh answers please.

Spain is quite a vague option... you open to any region of Spain? How long you looking to go for? Who with? (missus? mates?)

I really was!

Describe that American woman to me :detect:

I was there at a different time clearly :ph34r:

Yeah... she was running the place, couldn't miss her either -_-

VT, you decide. South of France, Spain or Malta for a holiday. Non tonyh answers please.

Malta. It's further away.

South of France is ridiculously expensive in terms of accommodation, food, beer, etc. I like Malta alot but its not really a holiday resort, more a 3-4 day break, as it doesnt have a proper beach. Spain easily out of the three. Cheap, great beaches, lots of choices in terms of flights. Depends where in spain though I guess.

EDIT : just seen you want a cultured 3-4 day break not a week. Malta easily then although like I say it hasnt got a proper beach there. I went for 4 nights last year in a 4 star hotel in st julians for £130 each including flights and hotel.

Edited by donnie

I've read on here that Malta is kind of a let down for a holiday. I'd do France.

3-4 nights. Somewhere nice NOT too touristy, more cultured & relaxed instead of pubs/clubs and bellends. With the missus.

I enjoyed Valencia. I stopped there when I went to Benicassim a few years back. 

3-4 nights. Somewhere nice NOT too touristy, more cultured & relaxed instead of pubs/clubs and bellends. With the missus.

I tell you what surprised me when I went the other year - Malaga. 

Plenty of flights into the airport but 99% of the Brits head off from the airport to Marbella or the resort towns (Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Benelmedina, etc) and hardly anyone actually goes to the City of Malaga. Its got a historic old town centre (Moorish I think) and plenty of nice places to eat and drink. Plenty of bars for the evening and cheap! €1 for a bottle of San Mig! Plus, when we were there, there were hardly any Brits in the bars or clubs. 

• Like 1

Actually fack Malta. One of the greatest cities in the world is im spain that is incredibly cheap to fly to that has everything from a beach, to amazing architecture, to amazing restaurants, to the best football team in the world...barcelona

Did Tony eventually make it to Istanbul in one piece?

Yeah in here

Just leaving for the airport to catch my Iran flight ... Will get there 24 hours later than planned but that's life sometimes

Gave me a day out in Istanbul so it wasn't all bad ..

Turkey? Iran?

I hope MI6 aren't following you Tone :D

My goal in life was to have the entire axis of evil stamped in my passport and then go visit America , sadly I filled up my last passport so currently have a rather sparse 5 stamps in my new one :(

Did Tony eventually make it to Istanbul in one piece?

Yeah in here

Just leaving for the airport to catch my Iran flight ... Will get there 24 hours later than planned but that's life sometimes

Gave me a day out in Istanbul so it wasn't all bad ..

Turkey? Iran?

I hope MI6 aren't following you Tone :D

MI6 and Tony have never been seen in the same room you know, just saying...
It's probably my round :)

What do you actually do for a living?

Stalk bronze medal winning snowboarders on the Internet :)

In Iran now ... 3 am so only been here 30 mins but seems friendly enough ...Alcohol free beer in the mini bar , guess I can always pretend its real :)

Meh

I've just written a Malta review in the travel thread

So VA and Jenny went to the same restaurant? Someone's stalking the other...

So Jenny claims but her story doesn't checkout -_-

:ph34r::blush:  Rumbled

You are too clever for me

Â