General Chat

Stevo985

Solar panels working well haven`t  had any form of heating on for 2 weeks now .....boiling hot water !!! oh yeahhhhhhhh

are you saying your water is hot because you aren't using the solar energy for heating?

genuinely curious, pv can be superb in the right location, just that I havent had the heating on for two weeks either, due to it being warm...

did a fair bit on solar panels in my dissertation and in work, I just love solar panel reps knocking on the door!

you know, like some people hope to get a Joey or a Mormon, my ideal Sunday is some 17 year old in a bad Tesco suit trying to tell me why I need solar panels or cavity fill insulation

Just have flat panel ....panels part of planning conditions got a grant to cover 2/3s of cost as well .....should have went for tubes at the time for year round capture but ..our hot water is heated either by the central oil heating or immersion heater ....just find it nice and handy that I dont have to turn any of these on to have all day hot water 

yeah, solar's got to be worth a shot if the alternative is oil

I'm in a lucky position of having a decent sized backgarden (not a euphemism honest!) and I'm dabbling with the idea of a ground source heat pump

doubt many on here have had a heat pump in their rear....

Solar panels working well haven`t  had any form of heating on for 2 weeks now .....boiling hot water !!! oh yeahhhhhhhh

are you saying your water is hot because you aren't using the solar energy for heating?

genuinely curious, pv can be superb in the right location, just that I havent had the heating on for two weeks either, due to it being warm...

did a fair bit on solar panels in my dissertation and in work, I just love solar panel reps knocking on the door!

you know, like some people hope to get a Joey or a Mormon, my ideal Sunday is some 17 year old in a bad Tesco suit trying to tell me why I need solar panels or cavity fill insulation

Just have flat panel ....panels part of planning conditions got a grant to cover 2/3s of cost as well .....should have went for tubes at the time for year round capture but ..our hot water is heated either by the central oil heating or immersion heater ....just find it nice and handy that I dont have to turn any of these on to have all day hot water 

yeah, solar's got to be worth a shot if the alternative is oil

I'm in a lucky position of having a decent sized backgarden (not a euphemism honest!) and I'm dabbling with the idea of a ground source heat pump

doubt many on here have had a heat pump in their rear....

geo thermal heat pump over a long long period of time is the best way to go 

Edited by Meath_Villan

yes, it's a long term investment, but then we've got no intention of moving

we were very lucky to get the house we wanted just before the last stupid spastic rise in house prices, a couple of long term projects are a new roof and getting that big flat garden supplying my heating

but both those jobs have to be after a couple of holidays and getting some savings behind us

I tell myself that by the time I get around to it many of the bugs will have been ironed out by the early adopters!

How the feck have I got lumped in with this VTLG shite?

I'm the VTGL don't you know! We hate the VTLG. Arseholes.

You have your own member group  :crylaugh:

Oh, so do I  :lol:

Edited by StefanAVFC

How the feck have I got lumped in with this VTLG shite?

I'm the VTGL don't you know! We hate the VTLG. Arseholes.

What does GL stand for?

It's alright, it's just this Golden Labrador wants to know.

43843156_1.jpg

• Like 2

Haha we all do! Viva la VTLG! No posting privilage shenanigans will stop us! We fight to the bitter end! (This is awesome) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey mods. I'm not with this guy  -_-

My little 14 month girl just fell from the top of the stairs as the gate was open, no one saw how she fell but she seems fine now and is playing normally

Still scary :(

Somebody, somewhere has decided it is a good idea to allow Lee Mack to write and star in a remake of Everybody Loves Raymond, with Catherine Tate playing his wife. Someone needs to stop this... please.

In other news, today is my 30th. I am yet to decide how I feel about this.

Â