General Chat

Stevo985

Somebody, somewhere has decided it is a good idea to allow Lee Mack to write and star in a remake of Everybody Loves Raymond, with Catherine Tate playing his wife. Someone needs to stop this... please.

This sentence makes me want to vomit.
The only way I can make sense of this abomination is to hope that if the BBC are forced to produce such garbage to cater to a certain audience, then they have chosen to distil all of the shit into one toxic half-hour pellet of fortified excrement to avoid it clogging the rest of the schedule. I hope.

It doesn't even really make sense though.

There's no particular premise to ELR. It's humour comes from Ray, basically. It's not really some unique concept that you can "remake", apart from just giving it the same name.

You could say "My Family" is a remake of Everybody Loves Raymond in that it's a sitcom that revolves around a family.

I've heard of American television executives remaking British shows (Skins, Misfits, etc.(urgh!)) but not the other way round. What has the world come to?

• Like 1

Somebody, somewhere has decided it is a good idea to allow Lee Mack to write and star in a remake of Everybody Loves Raymond, with Catherine Tate playing his wife. Someone needs to stop this... please.

This sentence makes me want to vomit.
The only way I can make sense of this abomination is to hope that if the BBC are forced to produce such garbage to cater to a certain audience, then they have chosen to distil all of the shit into one toxic half-hour pellet of fortified excrement to avoid it clogging the rest of the schedule. I hope.

It doesn't even really make sense though.

There's no particular premise to ELR. It's humour comes from Ray, basically. It's not really some unique concept that you can "remake", apart from just giving it the same name.

You could say "My Family" is a remake of Everybody Loves Raymond in that it's a sitcom that revolves around a family.

I've heard of American television executives remaking British shows (Skins, Misfits, etc.(urgh!)) but not the other way round. What has the world come to?

Yeah I don't think it happens very often (wasn't the GOlden Girls remade?)

I guess because the originals get so much exposure over here anyway that there's not much point, whereas the US don't get as much of our shows (or at least they never used to, more so nowadays)

Happens a lot with gameshows though. US ones get remade over here.

Does anyone know what this is from?  :wacko:

tumblr_mgiqmp0Ib31qg11yto1_500.gif

EDIT -  Flipping Hell may be something/inspired by this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man

EDIT AGAIN - Ah It's from the fourth series of 'Misfits' I've seen a few of them but I'll have to watch this one now!

This is what this post is like - 

MilhouseFrisbee.gif

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

This is what this post is like - 

MilhouseFrisbee.gif

That is what my life is like.

And mine.

Let's be lonely together, turn it in to this

MilhouseFrisbee.gif

What is Misfits? It looks funny. Any good?

I've only watched a couple of early episodes but it seemed quite interesting (Obviously not that interesting or I would have watched more:D)

I see Joseph Gilgun, from This is England, is in it now and I think he's a good actor, so what with him and this rabbit I'll be giving it a look on the old 4oD anyway.

• Like 1

Got flashed by a camera last night was doing 56 in a 50

weird one as it is one of those cameras on the traffic light to make sure you don't jump the red  ( light was Green when I went through , about 4 other cars came through after me as I looked back once the flash went off... I've sped past it hundreds of times previously so until last night I wasn't even aware that those traffic light cameras could also get you for speeding  

have to wait now and just hope it wasn't a loaded camera ......

probably long overdue I suppose

Â