General Chat

Stevo985

Anybody watch 5 Minutes To A Fortune on Channel 4? A couple just lost about £48k because the girl couldn't name 5 out of the top 10 busiest airports in the world.. She named 4 but couldn't name a 5th.. Just wondered why they use statistics from 2010 and not more recent.. She said Dubai but it was not in the top 10 list they used, but according to the 2012 statistics it is the 10th most busiest airport..

Its a strange question to ask as there are various factors that you could claim to be the busiest in the world. Most passenger movements. most airplane movements, most destinations offered, most international movements etc.

The top 10 answers that were given on the show were the exact top ten busiest by passenger in 2010 according to statistics that i looked up afterwards.

If you going on footfall, simple numbers of passangers boarding and getting off planes is have guessed

London heathrow

Beijing

Mumbai

JFK

Paris cdg

Maybys would be Seoul, Moscow, rio, Barcelona and a guess at a German one, Munich probably

Edited by Jimzk5

I'd have a few similar choices:

If it was me (and I haven't looked) I'd have guessed

London Heathrow

Atlanta (remember reading it was busiest in America)

Tokyo Narita

Frankfurt

Beijing

or maybe Hong Kong instead of Tokyo

Edited by Xela

Cardiff Wales Airport (only 12 miles from Cardiff in all fairness) had 3 planes on the same day last Saturday

****' mental it was, the local taxi driver couldn't have his lunch til nearly 3 in the afternoon

• Like 1

Cardiff Wales Airport (only 12 miles from Cardiff in all fairness) had 3 planes on the same day last Saturday

****' mental it was, the local taxi driver couldn't have his lunch til nearly 3 in the afternoon

I bet the air traffic controller has developed a thousand yard stare and keeps bursting into tears, telling everyone that "they weren't there man" .

Edited by Brumerican

If you going on footfall, simple numbers of passangers boarding and getting off planes is have guessed

But what if you're going on footnall? 

• Like 2

Everyone looks the same now. I noticed it today. What happened?

I also find 99% of people incredibly **** boring.

Example

Me: Good weekend?

Person 1: Yeah, went out, got drunk, so fun.

Me: Yeah. What about you?

Person 2: Same

Me: And you?

Person 3: Same

Ad in-****-finitum.

I think I need to move somewhere less homogeneous.

Â