General Chat

Stevo985

Wanted to have a rant somewhere but weren't sure where so gunna do it here....

I'm looking into doing a degree at the Open University. Then I looked at the prices. The 3 year degree costs £15,300. However, If I lived in Scotland, Wales or Ireland it would cost £8,500. Why? Just because I live in England I have to pay pretty much double everyone else? 

Even more depressing is to see that before Cameron and co came in it was £1500 a year! Why didn't I do it then?!?

So annoying. 

Vote Labour!

hehehe... well I didn't vote at all so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Next time I shall definitely be looking into what each party does for students :)

• Like 1

Fifty years of age on Saturday and in a very pensive mood.

Both parents gone, my mates retreating to family life instead of wanting to go out for a piss up and not achieved anywhere near what i really wanted to do.

A fiancee that adores me but unaware of a terrible secret that only i and one other person has to bare plus of course the vast majority of an internet forum.

On the outside i am known locally as the gentle giant, well liked, i think and someone who is known to be a good listener and easy to confide in.

At this point in my life am i happy and content? Hell f**ki!g no but if Villa win on Saturday then.... :hooray:   

Both parents gone, my mates retreating to family life instead of wanting to go out for a piss up and not achieved anywhere near what i really wanted to do.

A fiancee that adores me but unaware of a terrible secret that only i and one other person has to bare plus of course the vast majority of an internet forum.

On the outside i am known locally as the gentle giant, well liked, i think and someone who is known to be a good listener and easy to confide in.

At this point in my life am i happy and content? Hell f**ki!g no but if Villa win on Saturday then.... :hooray:   

If you're turning 50, how old is your aunt?! :o

Excuse me with all this Cheltenham Average talk... :angry:

I was born in Cheltenham.

And now you live in Derby? I'd say you traded up, though not by much ;)

I can say that, since I'm from Burton

Edited by Ginko

I can confirm that there are no cobwebs yet.

It might be haunted though?

• Like 1

It might be haunted though?

Ha Ha good one. ;)

On the subject of Chavs, surely the word is too widely spread to simply mean Cheltenham Average?

I'm going to go for the Gypsy option on the grounds that I was also born in Cheltenham, and I won't have it's good name sullied by you miscreants. 

A mate of mine is an uncle that is younger than his neice. Obviously it happens if a much older sibling starts dropping them before you're around. So Morpheus could have a younger Aunt or certainly one the same age. Just sayin' :)

I always thought chav came from "Chatham docks" - sounds plausible to me as it's the kind of slang that salty sea dog types tend to come up with.

A mate of mine is an uncle that is younger than his neice. Obviously it happens if a much older sibling starts dropping them before you're around. So Morpheus could have a younger Aunt or certainly one the same age. Just sayin' :)

Thanks for that BOF. I can confirm that my aunt is older than me but certainly not to the extent that some might think. :thumb:  

Â