General Chat

Stevo985

Do you want to be the one to tell them that they can't be with their families over Christmas and that they all have to work overtime?

Sorry but I don't understand that statement. They're in a job of importance where the country NEEDS them, they knew this when they took on the job!!!

Sorry but I don't understand that statement. They're in a job of importance where the country NEEDS them, they knew this when they took on the job!!!

The whole suggestion that Police work with some kind of skeleton staff over Xmas is incorrect. They work normal shifts with same size teams as they do every day of the year (Unless things have changed in the last few years?) Its pretty obvious that it is one of the busiest times of the year with domestics probably reaching a peak during this period.

I barely saw my father at Christmas when I was little as he was in the force and always had to work over this period

Edited by Xela

Insurance fraud is very high in Russia, people engineer car crashes and jump in front of (slow moving) cars and try to sue the unsuspecting driver of the car they just reversed into or jumped underneath all the time. As a result, forward facing dashboard cameras are hugely popular over there.

This is from some guy who was driving down the road near Moscow airport where the plane crashed yesterday. Check out the poor bastard in front of him. I think he was alright, but what are the odds of getting broadsided like that? Billions to one, surely?

Edited by The_Rev

i agree, the extended edition adds the saruman scene (booooo! but i can see why they did it), the explanation of boromir's death to denethor, longer osgiliath battle, extra denethor and faramir scens, longer path of the dead scenes, you see aragorn etc attack the ships, gandalf has a scene twith the witch king, the main orc gets killed, some of the houses of the healing scenes, frodo and sam dressed as orcs meeting some orcs, the mouth of sauron

those are the main ones i can remember

the other 2 films arent as bad (but still far far better in the extended versions) but like i said RotK is outright unwatchable

The story doesn't actually make sense in the cinematic version.

I've not watched the theatrical cut in... well, years... but I don't remember it not making sense (perhaps not helped by having read the books countless times), so I'm interested how so?

I actually rewatched the extended cut last night (again) and I really couldn't contemplate going back to the theatrical edition (of any of them actually, all the films are improved by the few extra scenes, especially as a fan of the books).

Insurance fraud is very high in Russia, people engineer car crashes and jump in front of (slow moving) cars and try to sue the unsuspecting driver of the car they just reversed into or jumped underneath all the time. As a result, forward facing dashboard cameras are hugely popular over there.

This is from some guy who was driving down the road near Moscow airport where the plane crashed yesterday. Check out the poor bastard in front of him. I think he was alright, but what are the odds of getting broadsided like that? Billions to one, surely?

There are loads of brutal Russian road rage videos due to the dash camera phenomenon.

Â