General Chat

Stevo985

I've grown up with this website. It's been a part of my life for so long now I wouldn't know what to do without it.

I think back to all the debates I've witnessed and won and lost over the past what, 9 years now. The laughs and the controversy. The little cliques that have formed and disbanded as people come and go. The members we've lost through the mercilessness of the red card that cared not for status or sobriety, those that we have lost in real life too, may they rest in peace. I think of how close I've flown to the sun myself, both forum wise and out there. I wonder if I'd be missed in the same way. In fact I know I am, because every time I slip away for a few months there's always somebody happy to see me on my return, even if it's just a "where the **** have you been". That's heart warming, genuinely.

It never even crossed my mind, the first time I heard the screech of my 28.8k dial up modem, that the internet would ever be as big a part of my life as it has become. I certainly never thought I would find somewhere like this, somewhere I can honestly say is a home from home. No matter where I am in the world, no matter how I am in my head (which believe me can be a **** at times, I apologise) or how physically well I am, I always know that VT is just one click away....

I can't thank those who've made this place what it is over the years enough. They know who they are. I salute you....

David.

• Like 4

Great post DDID, you have probably forgotten but I think we had an argument when I first joined and didn't know the place or people but once you get used to the place, you get used to everyone and now your probably one of my faves on here.

I have come close to spoiling this place for myself and got told off a few times (sorry limpid :P) but I dont know what id do if I was ever forced to leave or if the site went tits up, Ive never become one of the main guys but I like to think ive got to know a few people well enough on here. It would leave a massive hole in me if I didnt have VT (its all set up for you wiggy, please come back full time :( )

• Like 1

Great post DDID, you have probably forgotten but I think we had an argument when I first joined and didn't know the place or people but once you get used to the place, you get used to everyone and now your probably one of my faves on here.

I have come close to spoiling this place for myself and got told off a few times (sorry limpid :P) but I dont know what id do if I was ever forced to leave or if the site went tits up, Ive never become one of the main guys but I like to think ive got to know a few people well enough on here. It would leave a massive hole in me if I didnt have VT (its all set up for you wiggy, please come back full time :( )

I don't remember it no! That's not a slur on you, I think I've had moments with just about everyone on here. Certainly back then. Christ, I almost had a rumble on behalf of VT once with a certain fanzine salesman. I mean **** me it's a website.... but what a website eh.

It's part of the fabric of The Villa for me now. Another reason to feel sorry for those that don't support my club, the greatest team in the land. If not that, then certainly the greatest Off Topic team in the land....

(Cheers for the compliment. Am aroused)

I've got horrible bags starting to appear under my eyes and I've no idea how to get rid of them. Yes, sleep more is a start and I'm working on that, but a cream to aid the healing process would be nice too. I'm not sure I really trust most of the shite you see on the shelves though, are bags not a build up of fluid? How on earth is a cream going to get rid of that?

It's starting to bug me to the point I'm considering some kind of cosmetic surgery. The missus could do it I'm sure, if there's anything that can be done.

Have you considered dealing with the goatee?

You'd have to go a long way to surprise me.

Oops. May have come out wrong! :P

Fancy a "lads" holiday, just me and you? We can take a trip to the mountain range, do a bit of fishing, bring the horses maybe. You can share my tent if you like.... No funny business though eh....

Fancy a "lads" holiday, just me and you? We can take a trip to the mountain range, do a bit of fishing, bring the horses maybe. You can share my tent if you like.... No funny business though eh....

Erm, well nice of you to offer and all that but I'm having work done, it's the gas, you know, or the electric, something important and immediate.

And they've put up the price of passports, too.

:D

Â