General Chat

Stevo985

I just realised there was no Top Gear Christmas special for 2012. I know the India one from 2011 was a shower of shite, but I guess reaction to it was so bad that nobody at the BBC cared enough to make sure a special happened this week. New series in February seems to have a half assed effort, but even that looks like it is going to be a shorter series.

Top Gear is still profitable, surely? Apparently about 500 million people watch every episode globally and while quite a lot of those will be people who download the show, even that promotes BBC brand awareness around the world. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people in places like the USA, Canada and Australia who think every British show is made by the BBC. (exhibit A would be Downton Abbey)

I have colleagues in Germany and Sweden that watch every show. It is very tired and predictable but i'll continue to tune in every week (bit like villa I guess)

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

You need to undergo the initiation first before you get full member posting privileges, dude. Namely, posting a picture of yourself in the Rogues Gallery clutching a piece of paper with some identifying phrase. I dunno, let's say, "Scuba Steve". Pop off and do that, then you should be able to unlock VillaTalk XL.

Edited by GarethRDR

I have had the worst Christmas ever.

My girl is in hospital with her daughter who had a Bronchial Carcinoid Tumor removed last Friday, though they should both be out in time for New Years Eve together at least.

It was just me and my mother on Christmas day. My dad is in rehab, my sister and her boyfriend did his family this year. Inevitably me and my mother argued, about **** pancakes of all things, so I spent the evening alone watching Lord of the Rings and feeling shitty. She's a recovering alcoholic too (5 years now), so no alcohol in the house to take the edge off.

Pay for my sister and her fella to come The Villa with me Boxing day. Must have cost me £150 with a couple of beers each, taxis and a burger. We get thumped.

So on to Boxing day night, A few drinks around a mates house. My sister and her boyfriend, Joel, are there too, I'd consider him my best mate these days. Everyone is getting on great, we have a few giggles, nicely sauced up. Around 5 am the girls and the host head to bed, me and Joel stay up for a couple more and to chat rubbish about the football. For some reason, of which neither of us can now remember, we start wrestling. Topless.

Now bare in mind I've drank a bottle of ameretto, a few double vodkas and 10-12 bottles of Cobra by this point. What happened next was truly horrific and will haunt me for years....

Everyone must hear the commotion so they come down stairs to see me and Joel "fighting", only I'm not entirely sure that we were by this point. Being drunk themselves there is some serious overreaction, we can barely get a word in before my sister is kicking off big time, we're thrown out of the house by the host and arguing in the street. I didn't want any of it by this point, that I can remember at least. I'm watching my sister and Joel arguing and I see him grab her by the wrist. There is a little bit of history there of sorts, that I won't go in to right now but instinct sets in and I whack him one, breaking his jaw. One punch.

The aftermath is still to come. I'm sure we'll sort it out. I'm 29 years old, this is not my scene anymore and I'm angry with myself and him for putting me in that situation. We are both men after all, we'll come to a conclusion, but I know things will never be the same for me and him and potentially their relationship.

Just a horrendous few days. I need away from it. I'm going back to London tomorrow to lay low for a while, hopefully to be with Caroline and the girls on New Years Eve and start afresh in the new year. It can't come quick enough for me.

Here's to The Villa getting trounced again tomorrow!

We have a fair bit in common my dad died last October with alcoholic liver disease after drinking heavily for 35 years (he was 52 when he died after warnings for 10 years) and I got arrested a few years ago for punching my sisters bf in the jaw.

I'm here if you need a chat mate

Edited by Jimzk5

We have a fair bit in common my dad died last October with alcoholic liver disease after drinking heavily for 35 years (he was 52 when he died after warnings for 10 years) and I got arrested a few years ago for punching my sisters bf in the jaw.

I'm here if you need a chat mate

I am sorry to hear that. This is round two for me. My mother survived, not so confident this time around.

My dad is 53 and is maybe 4 years into the "warning period". He's doing pretty well right now, 4 months dry. We'll see when he's out mid-Feb, trust as you can imagine is at a low ebb. They wouldn't let us talk to him on Christmas day which I found very odd.

I'll be fine, I'm trying to be fairly logical about it all.

Thank you.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

A newb in off topic, cool man! Hi Barney!

After my single day in work yesterday, it am now off again until the 2nd. Today I will watch uncut Das boot.

alright mate, nice to meet ya!

sorry it took long to reply, im limited to how much i can post!! i only have 1 left today until tomorrow at 10. Ridiculous!

You need to undergo the initiation first before you get full member posting privileges, dude. Namely, posting a picture of yourself in the Rogues Gallery clutching a piece of paper with some identifying phrase. I dunno, let's say, "Scuba Steve". Pop off and do that, then you should be able to unlock VillaTalk XL.

You're getting off lightly.

I had Gareth threaten to rape me to the rhythm of his strange prog-rock- icelandic music, he likes to listen to. Then to top it all off I had to sit in a room with Leemond for 8 hours whilst he spouted off about his weekend. Luckily he'd had a quiet one round his Mom and Dads.

Yesterday I shopped in the sales like a regular consumer ! That mightn't sound strange to you but trust me it is. I can't remember the last time I bothered my arse going near the sales or; for that matter; shopping for clothes that weren't to be worn on Christmas Day. Ended up with a lovely pair of retro Adidas trainers down to €35 from €60 and a few tops. Oh and I aged a year too. But you can't have it all yer own way.

Â