General Chat

Stevo985

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I think miles per gallon is more a UK thing, probably the US too.

In Europe they tend to measure fuel economy as litres per 100km.

It’s litres per 10km here. 

• Thanks 1

Sat on my fat arse on a dayshift, stuck in my box bedroom.....bored.....fancy some popcorn.....but cba to go out and buy some....so what do I do ? Order said popcorn from the local asda along with £50 worth of other un-needed groceries to qualify for an uber eats delivery a few hours later.

Driver looks at me when handing over the bags as if I am the laziest word removed in the world (he ain't wrong).....it just goes to show how it us too easy to sit on one's arse and do practically everything from a smart phone.

To alleviate my guilt,  I "tipped" the driver £5 and vowed never to be such a slob ever again 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Sat on my fat arse on a dayshift, stuck in my box bedroom.....bored.....fancy some popcorn.....but cba to go out and buy some....so what do I do ? Order said popcorn from the local asda along with £50 worth of other un-needed groceries to qualify for an uber eats delivery a few hours later.

Driver looks at me when handing over the bags as if I am the laziest word removed in the world (he ain't wrong).....it just goes to show how it us too easy to sit on one's arse and do practically everything from a smart phone.

To alleviate my guilt,  I "tipped" the driver £5 and vowed never to be such a slob ever again 🤣

I'm a naturally lazy so and so, but i've 'banned' myself from doing home supermarket deliveries and fast food orders. I will go out and get them, even to the chagrin of my inner self!

Like you say, far too easy nowadays to become a slob. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What's the best way to offer help to a colleague you're not very close to but who has just been given a cancer diagnosis and facing serious surgical procedures? This kind of thing always confuses me ...

I don't think there is any 'right' answer to that. Use your own best instincts. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What's the best way to offer help to a colleague you're not very close to but who has just been given a cancer diagnosis and facing serious surgical procedures? This kind of thing always confuses me ...

Just talk to him, offer the chance for him to talk, men never want to talk, partly because they think other men don't want to listen

And it doesn't necessarily have to be talking about his cancer, that's up to him

My brother was a nightmare for it when my niece had cancer, he bottles everything up at the best of times

Edit - FWIW the thing me and my brother probably talk the most about is new weird and wonderful foods, last WhatsApp message he sent me was a picture of him finding some new cherry mountain dew

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Random question: Ever seen an LSD blotter design from the 1970s? I saw "a few" in the 80s, but I'm trying to get an example of how they looked back in the 1970s for something I'm working on.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Random question: Ever seen an LSD blotter design from the 1970s? I saw "a few" in the 80s, but I'm trying to get an example of how they looked back in the 1970s for something I'm working on.

Wha?? 

Edit. I genuinely couldn't understand if this was a reference to drugs or computer programming. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

On 14/07/2023 at 20:39, Xela said:

Yeah, the US do miles per gallon, but a different type of gallon!

It's also a different mile (but almost the same).

• Shocked 1

15 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Coincidentally, Dead and Company (the last remnants of the Grateful Dead members who were still touring) played their final farewell concert in San Francisco last night.  One of my college friends, with whom I saw quite a few Dead shows, was there.  I never saw the point of going to anything Dead related after Jerry Garcia died and have never seen any of the retread versions.

• Like 2

On 15/07/2023 at 20:42, Marka Ragnos said:

In my experience you don't need to offer help, just give it. 

Shut down gossip, allow more time on work tasks, make sure your requests are reasonable. Basically whatever your work interactions, make them as simple and nice as possible. 

This person is unlikely to come to someone they don't really know for help so just be the best person you can be and in the nicest possible way, don't look for them to thank you. Make their life easier by making sure you don't make it difficult 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â