General Chat

Stevo985

Admittedly morbid question, but do any of you older locals remember seeing the dead with paper ribbons or many-coloured decorations around their bodies in caskets? I heard about this practice in the shires long ago (1900-1920s), but wondered whether it was idiosyncratic or a tradition?

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Admittedly morbid question, but do any of you older locals remember seeing the dead with paper ribbons or many-coloured decorations around their bodies in caskets? I heard about this practice in the shires long ago (1900-1920s), but wondered whether it was idiosyncratic or a tradition?

Not sure we have many people over 100 year old on here.

• Haha 2

Apologies if already discussed an I've missed it, but what happened to the "latest posts" tab on the right of the screen?

It's say "popular now" and only shows 2 posts. Was it a software upgrade or an option that was changed?

35 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Apologies if already discussed an I've missed it, but what happened to the "latest posts" tab on the right of the screen?

It's say "popular now" and only shows 2 posts. Was it a software upgrade or an option that was changed?

I suggest asking in the site issues forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

He's from Widnes, this is normal

Saw the article yesterday first person I thought of was Anthony Gordon. Not quite as drastic as that one but did think it must be a thing in that neck of the woods.

j512uZL.jpg

Security guards detained a suspect who managed to slip through a narrow gap in a glass-fronted dock at Nottingham Magistrates' Court. The defendant kept poking his head through the space when he appeared in courtroom two earlier this month.

He repeated this behaviour before slipping his shoulders through and his head, before falling through the gap, leaving his crutches behind. The man, who has one leg, hopped to the door before he was detained by security.

The court was evacuated, with the judge and legal advisor disappearing into a room off the judge's bench.

A spokesperson for His Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service confirmed the incident, saying: “The individual was quickly detained after an attempt to escape, thanks to court security staff, and did not leave the courtroom at any stage.”

The glass panel of the dock was identified as being slightly wider than usual and has been swiftly fixed.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/security-guards-stop-escape-bid-8637656

• Haha 1

Â