General Chat

Stevo985

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm finding myself buying less and less from Amazon. I try to make it my shop of last resort but sometimes it is the only option or just to damn convenient. 

I'll never buy any electronics from Amazon again. 

Why is that?

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed, I posted similar recently. I'd never have believed it ten years ago, but Argos is much better than Amazon. For one, you'll get what you pay for. It's a curated shop with genuine products, supplied by real manufacturers.

Amazon is a scammer's paradise because it's cheaper to refund people that complain than bother to do anything about the absolute deluge of fake products. They're happy to take their cut from counterfeiters and other fraudsters.

How's Prime day going? Few loss leaders, a shed load of old stock they couldn't clear out, some of which may be genuine, then hundreds of pages of wonderful, well-reviewed products from such leading brands as WEDHDI and QNMSIQPDLOL

They reckon 30% of the reviews are fake anyway. Product testing, big discounts etc.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Loads of dodgy chinese shit. Fake goods. It's the wild west. 

Yeah. Avoid Amazon guitar strings, too. Claim to be D'Addario, Ernie Ball, etc. They ain't. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Format is dated?? They ain't still got the catalogues you know. You order online for fast delivery, sameday for some things, or you go to your local store or Sainsburys and order from a tablet, chip and pin it and collect it from the counter, in real time, hardly Littlewoods warehouse!

I just use Amazon for bargain stuff, like just bought some outdoor lights on there. Anything real, like a vacuum, hairdryer, i'd always use Argos.

I meant like if you went in there order in store then have to wiat for them to pick it then calk your numbee. Its abit long

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I meant like if you went in there order in store then have to wiat for them to pick it then calk your numbee. Its abit long

To be fair you'd rarely order in store, anyway if you can't wait, order it online and pick up straight away or next day from your, Argos, Sainsburys or Sainsburys local. I am a bit biased I guess, never really got on with Amazon, an Ebay is now next to useless.

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not been in one for a while then? 

My local Argos is superfast and efficient. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not been in one for a while then? 

My local Argos is superfast and efficient. 

Come to mine its not super fast as there is literally one person at the desk and lots of people waiting gwttibg frustrating at the time they have to wait

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh god yeah. I hate it when they call your numbee. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I assume that was a clumsy typo. They calk your numbee. 

I suspect autocorrect caught me out there.  Call must be a more popular word😂

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I assume that was a clumsy typo. They calk your numbee. 

In Dem's defence if I'm ever going to get calked by something long than I'm bloody well hoping I'm numbee and don't feel it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My shopping habits completely changed over Covid.

F***ed if I was going to queue to get into Sainsbury's or Tesco, and walked into shops I'd just walked past before.

They had toilet roll, and the houmous and tea were another level.

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

How's Prime day going? Few loss leaders, a shed load of old stock they couldn't clear out, some of which may be genuine, then hundreds of pages of wonderful, well-reviewed products from such leading brands as WEDHDI and QNMSIQPDLOL

AirPods Pro was £40 off so I signed up for a free trial, bought the things and will cancel the trial next week. Hate amazon but the kids has been wanting one and a deal is a deal I guess 

Edited by Tegis
conversion fail

Just now, Tegis said:

AirPods Pro was £50 off so I signed up for a free trial, bought the things and will cancel the trial next week. Hate amazon but the kids has been wanting one and a deal is a deal I guess 

I’ve got some off-brand wireless ear buds for about £7 and work perfectly well. Kids are kids though, they wouldn’t accept such a replacement. 

3 minutes ago, Tegis said:

AirPods Pro was £40 off so I signed up for a free trial, bought the things and will cancel the trial next week. Hate amazon but the kids has been wanting one and a deal is a deal I guess 

No good for you but there have been places over here offering that discount for weeks on the High Street. John Lewis certainly were because I bought the missus a pair at that price a few weeks ago for her birthday.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve got some off-brand wireless ear buds for about £7 and work perfectly well. Kids are kids though, they wouldn’t accept such a replacement. 

Yep, I use a pair of Oneplus buds pro that are very very good, 1/3 of the apple tax but just as good. I've tried the really cheap ones but they broke way to often for me.

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

Â