General Chat

Stevo985

You had Dixie Dean, we had Dizzy Dean, and they both played in the same era. Different countries, different sports, but both very famous Deans with quirky nicknames playing sports.

/end

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Those rats are definitely getting bigger seen so many that are much bigger.

Just send a load of cats in then that will put a end to it

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

My dads got 11 cats in cyprus (all strays that he has taken them in got them jabbed etc) literally have only seen on rat that they killed and it was a big ****

In that video if that rat jumped up one of my dads cyprus cats would have just clawed him to death. Some of them dont even run from small/medium dogs.

Edited by Demitri_C

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

You had Dixie Dean, we had Dizzy Dean, and they both played in the same era. Different countries, different sports, but both very famous Deans with quirky nicknames playing sports.

/end

I've just been trying to find out if Dixie Dean knew our Pongo Waring as they were both born in Birkenhead, 3 months apart. They both started at Tranmere, but were there at different times (according to good old trusty wikipedia).

They both died in 1980 as well, and although Pongo didn't die at Villa Park like Dixie did at Goodison, his ashes were scattered at the Holte End (according to good old trusty wikipedia).

Anyway, back to work.. 

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I've just been trying to find out if Dixie Dean knew our Pongo Waring as they were both born in Birkenhead, 3 months apart. They both started at Tranmere, but were there at different times (according to good old trusty wikipedia).

They both died in 1980 as well, and although Pongo didn't die at Villa Park like Pongo did at Goodison, his ashes were scattered at the Holte End (according to good old trusty wikipedia).

Anyway, back to work.. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tyr66qatqf969arktm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

They both died in 1980 as well, and although Pongo didn't die at Villa Park like Dixie did at Goodison, his ashes were scattered at the Holte End (according to good old trusty wikipedia).

Anyway, back to work.. 

Why do all our of legendary players (and managers) have to be bloody Scousers?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Anyway, back to work.. 

Can't be 100% sure, but I'd say yes. My Dad actually knew both of them quite well. I don't recall him ever talking about them together, but I think it would be almost a certainty. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why do all our of legendary players (and managers) have to be bloody Scousers?

They're a decent bunch when they're not worshipping at the church of red. That place does funny things to the mind.

Just seen a thread on Reddit about this so thought I'd ask here.

Can you make your vision go blurry and unfocused on command?

I've always been able to do this and thought everyone could but apparently not.

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I can, I think it may be normal.

Yeah I can unfocus my eyesight on demand. I’ve never been quite sure what it is I’m actually doing in order to make it go blurry. Always kinda wondered but never sufficiently enough to find out.

I assumed everyone could.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

All you're effectively doing is re-focusing on another point in front of you, thereby blurring anything else.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The ability to unfocus your eye was the entire concept behind 90s tastic fad the MagicEye picture.

I was just about to say they.  Y9u had to kind of let your eyeballs melt and then the pictures would come to life.

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was just about to say they.  Y9u had to kind of let your eyeballs melt and then the pictures would come to life.

Yes. As @BOF says, you basically had to refocus through the image, as if you were looking at something behind the image, for it to work.

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

All you're effectively doing is re-focusing on another point in front of you, thereby blurring anything else.

No, its all blurry, I just relax my eyes, if thats a thing, and make it all go blurry.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

No, its all blurry, I just relax my eyes, if thats a thing, and make it all go blurry.

You’re probably just focusing on a point just in front of your eyes making everything seem blurry 

Â