General Chat

Stevo985

ooooo k

I guess we'll park that one up then and move on to something less touchy.

If you think I was being touchy, you obviously don't know me that well.

A few "take either way" words without a face to watch as they're being said can protect quite a lot. But I'm more than happy to let it be. :)

Recently took the Japanese Shinkansen (Bullet Train) too, it was great. Why are people trying to block HS2 in this country? We are getting left behind by the rest of the world.

Arguably we should be skipping HS2 and going straight to Maglev

Yeah it's expensive but it's also awesome :)

• Like 1

We are skint and can't even afford to pay NHS staff a 1% payrise yet we're pushing ahead with this, tearing up the countryside, displacing thousands of people just to get down the track a few minutes quicker. Seems bonkers to me.

That's a prime example of how the high speed rail is being mis sold.

As I understand it it's being done because we need extra rail capacity. The infrastructure needs improving. Rather than build more of the same we're upgrading.

The whole project isn't being undertaken just to get to London 20 minutes quicker.

• Like 1

everyone is in such a bloody hurry these days.

for what reason?

A long time ago when I first moved to Cornwall, I went to the chippy opposite the house I'd just moved into. it was maybe 6 in the evening. There was no one else in there other than the lady behind the counter. I ordered fish and chips. It took maybe half an hour to get it. I was hungry. I was there hopping up and down, making small talk, thinking "just give me the food". But on and on it went, chatter about whatever.

After a few months I got used to that pace of life, and whenever I went back up to the Midlands, or Glasgow, I was like "why is everyone running around, always fast, fast, fast. Slow down." So yeah, just chill out a bit. It's good.

• Like 1

If they'd just hurry up and invent teleporters, we wouldn't be discussing this!

Well you've got three weeks off so get to it, you lazy bar steward.

Had 3 days off and barely got dressed yet! 

everyone is in such a bloody hurry these days.

for what reason?

A long time ago when I first moved to Cornwall, I went to the chippy opposite the house I'd just moved into. it was maybe 6 in the evening. There was no one else in there other than the lady behind the counter. I ordered fish and chips. It took maybe half an hour to get it. I was hungry. I was there hopping up and down, making small talk, thinking "just give me the food". But on and on it went, chatter about whatever.

After a few months I got used to that pace of life, and whenever I went back up to the Midlands, or Glasgow, I was like "why is everyone running around, always fast, fast, fast. Slow down." So yeah, just chill out a bit. It's good.

Same here on the Island. It is so slow, but I am used to it now. When I go to the mainland it feels a little too fast (on occasions).

I'm not anything special in the slightest, but I approached 2 girls tonight. Got with both of them with the potential to go further and I've got the original girl still. I'm an awful human but arghhhhh

Bloody Poland man

Edited by StefanAVFC

I'm not anything special in the slightest, but I approached 2 girls tonight. Got with both of them with the potential to go further and I've got the original girl still. I'm an awful human but arghhhhh

Bloody Poland man

Start a brothel.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Bloody Poland man

Did you show them your British Passport? ;)

Â