PL: West Ham a Match Thread 2009/11/04 19:45

limpid

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tell you what the worst part is. Reading people's comments that they want the manager out when we lose and how brilliant we are when we win. Does my head. Bottom line is Villa will lose games, Villa will win games, we will finish in top 8 - maybe a cup final as well but we lack that little bit of guile and that little bit of quality that turns decent teams (villa, everton, spurs) into top 4 material. Simple as that. I'm fed of reading the ridiculous comments on here and the childish overreactions to defeats. Good night.

Spot On.

But it's also foolish to think that when a bunch of passionate supporters have watched their team play poorly, lose in injury time and play with a team that was far from the popular choice, there won't be a little 'ranting' going on immediately after the game - if only to get it out of their system.

The reality is obviously somewhere inbetween the two.

Agree

But its easy to pick a team on football manager

But more difficult in the hardest league in the world

The eleven picked are capable of beating horse shit teams like wigan, b'burn and west ham. But desire can overcome ability and that isnt the fault of Martin O'Neill - you cant blame him for that. Thats the footballers on the pitch that have to take some responsibilty for poor performances. Its easy to blame the manager - its a cop out

we played decent first half, had west ham on the backfoot by keeping the ball and actually made the keeper work. so why 2nd half did we revert back to MONs shitty long ball tactic, considering we now had an extra midfielder on? we created hardly anything 2nd half, apart from a young screamer.

makes no sense, we just slacked off and let west ham back into the game. last half an hour it was all them, the only villa players i heard mentioned were the defence and keeper. noble, parker, hines and collinson were being mentioned practically constantly. MON should have done something but made no changes!

and its not just tonight, this has been the story for most of the season- inability to keep the ball, little or no creativity and relying on set pieces or moments of individual quality. its not good enough, we must be the worst team in the top half at passing the ball. big opportunity missed tonight

Lads calm down, we dropped a point in the last min, after 4 away games in 12 days.

We'll need to put things right against Bolton. It's not the end of the world.

The voice of reason comes from Connor Bryne, the apocolypse is coming!!!!

Hey I'm always calm after losses on here. Over reaction makes no sense anymore. I get annoyed after bad runs of form, not last min goals.

Wolves - poor performance

Everton - poor performance

West Ham - poor performance

What's that if it's not a bad run of form?

Yes, because finishing 6th twice is a row is failling. Laughing

Given the money we have spent, Tottenham's slump and City's failure to win away from home - reaching 6th isn't anything other than expected. Who else was going to beat us? Sunderland? Newcastle? Portsmouth? Bolton? Wigan?

MON has spent money again - and I am not talking about the table now (which is decent in itself) - but the way we play football. The brand we represent now is not worth 1M of the money we have spent, which is a lot.

I still stand by the fact that we need a creative CM and a goalscorer. If we can keep up this kind of point return from games until January then hopefully we can get these players in then and push on.

The fact is West Ham were very lucky tonight. Despite us not playing all that well once again, it was a bit of an improvement. We just had three massive sucker punches that kicked us back tonight. We'll bounce back! :D

Mon needs to wake the **** up

4-5-1 we shoulda played in the last 3 games,yeh so what we beat chelsea with 4-4-2 dosnt mean its guranteed win vs everyone.Carew and Heskey have been pretty poor so why are they playing when we can load the midfield AWAY from home.

It was another dismal display of football. Sidwell was crap, Heskey was crap, Carew was crap. What have the likes of Delfouneso got to do to get a game from our gutless, clueless manager?

Did Delph not start again Wigan? Was he not poor? There's a reason MON won't just throw kids on like that.