PL: West Ham a Match Thread 2009/11/04 19:45

limpid

Lads calm down, we dropped a point in the last min, after 4 away games in 12 days.

We'll need to put things right against Bolton. It's not the end of the world.

The voice of reason comes from Connor Bryne, the apocolypse is coming!!!!

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the first 20 minutes, which were fine, another piss poor display of "football" from the most overrated and average manager who ever set foot in the Premier League. Heskey on the left wing? Beye at right back instead of Luke Young? Anybody who thinks it takes a special manager to come up with fuckwittery like that wants their head examining.

I think our last 3 premier league finishes makes your comment look foolish.

Stop being such a mug and put defeats into a bit of perspective instead of blaming the manager all the time. We could do a hell of a lot worse. It'll be a wankfest on here if we win the next 3 games. Some people are so fickle

The worst thing is Beye's sending off won't be rescinded, Bennett cost us the game no matter how poor we were, it was never a penalty.

5 yellow cards for us and only 1 of them was correct. 3 penalty shouts and 0 of them were correct. Worst officiating ever.

After the first 20 minutes, which were fine, another piss poor display of "football" from the most overrated and average manager who ever set foot in the Premier League. Heskey on the left wing? Beye at right back instead of Luke Young? Anybody who thinks it takes a special manager to come up with fuckwittery like that wants their head examining.

Your prejudice against certain players (C.Davies et al) is laughable.

Beye played well and it shouldn't have been a pen.

I concede Heskey on the left wing as strange and illogical.

Luke Young is not match fit.

i tell you what the worst part is. Reading people's comments that they want the manager out when we lose and how brilliant we are when we win. Does my head. Bottom line is Villa will lose games, Villa will win games, we will finish in top 8 - maybe a cup final as well but we lack that little bit of guile and that little bit of quality that turns decent teams (villa, everton, spurs) into top 4 material. Simple as that. I'm fed of reading the ridiculous comments on here and the childish overreactions to defeats. Good night.

This^^^. Ref made a farce of the game, unbelieveable decisions around the park for both sides. We weren't great, but were the better side for the larger part of the game. Like someone else said, 1 point dropped (as a draw looked the most likely result). Win at Bolton on the weekend.

Oh, and all the "MON out" overreactors....GET A GRIP!

:lol:

Words fail.

So does O'Neill.

Yes, because finishing 6th twice is a row is failling. :lol:

Would you like to name a manager who could take over then? Or will you continue to spout off with your rubbish without actually naming a replacement?

Very happy with the first half. We were not very good in the second half, though.

Bad decision to take out Heskey instead of Carew (unless Heskey was injured) and put in Reo Coker. Wanted Carew out and Albrighton in.

One of those days....

i tell you what the worst part is. Reading people's comments that they want the manager out when we lose and how brilliant we are when we win. Does my head. Bottom line is Villa will lose games, Villa will win games, we will finish in top 8 - maybe a cup final as well but we lack that little bit of guile and that little bit of quality that turns decent teams (villa, everton, spurs) into top 4 material. Simple as that. I'm fed of reading the ridiculous comments on here and the childish overreactions to defeats. Good night.

Spot On.

But it's also foolish to think that when a bunch of passionate supporters have watched their team play poorly, lose in injury time and play with a team that was far from the popular choice, there won't be a little 'ranting' going on immediately after the game - if only to get it out of their system.

The reality is obviously somewhere inbetween the two.

It was another dismal display of football. Sidwell was crap, Heskey was crap, Carew was crap. What have the likes of Delfouneso got to do to get a game from our gutless, clueless manager?

Blaming Heskey for that is completely out of order. No wonder the bloke is so low on confidence when there's people slagging him off every 5 minutes. Like i said, next 2 games i'll put my mortgage on 6 points and it'll all be forgotton and villa talk wont be the glum fest it is now, risso will be no where to be seen and Martin O'Neill will be god again. As fans we have to learn to take the rough with the smooth and maybe concede that West Ham just wanted it more tonight, thats the fault of the 11 on the pitch - not the managers

you cant all keep blaming the ref......he didnt miss the penalty and he does not (a bit like some of our players) have shots at goal, or give the ball away cheaply to the opposition.....to blame the ref is a lame excuse........as has been said before we have dropped points against poor opposition, Wigan, Wolves, a depleted Everton, Blackburn and now a team who were second to bottom of the league in West Ham....and to say give the lads a break because 4 away games in 12 days is hard....dont make me laugh....is'nt that why we are supposed to have a squad?

face up to it and stop burying your heads in the sand.....they are simply not good enough for the top four.....the table does not lie.....

The most overrated manager we've ever had. Our fans got carried along on the MON is a messiah wave when he joined and anyone following O'Leary was going to be more popular and with money to spend couldn't get any worse than 16th. Yes we finished 6th twice but how we didn't finish at least 5th last season is down to his inability to change things. Gradually more and more of our fans are waking up and realising he's scared to make changes and decisions, he's spunked money on average players and we're playing some of the worst football i've ever seen. Over 100m and we struggle to put 3 passes together and muster a chance from open play.

:lol:

Words fail.

So does O'Neill.

Yes, because finishing 6th twice is a row is failling. :lol:

Would you like to name a manager who could take over then? Or will you continue to spout off with your rubbish without actually naming a replacement?

So what are you saying? That there's not a single manager in the whole wide world that you'd like us to have more than MON?

Bottom line is...even if we don't have the best players in the world, we have a complete old numpty(tactically) as a manager, and i think you will find the majority of fans who have complained about him have remained consistent whether we have won or lost because most the time we have won this season we have played shit and been on the back foot, cant keep the ball etc etc. THERE MUST BE....MUST BE OTHER MANAGERS IN THE WORLD WHO CAN GET BETTER OUT OF THIS SET OF PLAYERS WE HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND A COUPLE OTHERS WOULDNT HAVE WASTED MONEY ON SOME OF THE SHIT WE HAVE RECRUITED!!!!

The man baffles the shit out of me...never makes any changes....and when he does make subs there either forced or they are the stupidest footballing decisions i have ever seen a human with footballing common sense make.NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

I'm amazed Heskey is even being mentioned, he only played half the game and did nothing wrong.

He may not have done anything wrong but did he do anything right?

This.

As far as i can see Heskey does nothing. It's hard to criticise what he does do because he doesn't do anything but charge around and occasionally head the ball.

Obviously MON knows more than any of us on this forum but sometimes i do wonder at some of his decisions. I don't know why Delph was considered a first team choice on the firts game of the season but now can't even make an appearance when we've got injuries and gash like Heskey on the pitch. I just hope MON changes it against Bolton and gives the like sof Albrighton and Delph a go ahead of Heskey.

The way MON conducts himself off the field and the decision making making there is superb. At the side of the pitch, well i've questioned pritty much all of his decisions now for a long time (bar those in the liverpool, fulham and blose games when they were forced).

I'm sure it's his decision making (or lack of) that is costing us points.

And we're not missing barry. We won 2 games 1-0 with him in the side in the 2nd half of last season. And did u see him against blose? He was shit.

Lads calm down, we dropped a point in the last min, after 4 away games in 12 days.

We'll need to put things right against Bolton. It's not the end of the world.

The voice of reason comes from Connor Bryne, the apocolypse is coming!!!!

Hey I'm always calm after losses on here. Over reaction makes no sense anymore. I get annoyed after bad runs of form, not last min goals.

Blaming Heskey for that is completely out of order. No wonder the bloke is so low on confidence when there's people slagging him off every 5 minutes. Like i said, next 2 games i'll put my mortgage on 6 points and it'll all be forgotton and villa talk wont be the glum fest it is now, risso will be no where to be seen and Martin O'Neill will be god again. As fans we have to learn to take the rough with the smooth and maybe concede that West Ham just wanted it more tonight, thats the fault of the 11 on the pitch - not the managers

I can assure numpty, that win, lose or draw, I'll continue to post on here, thanks all the same.