PL: West Ham a Match Thread 2009/11/04 19:45

limpid

After the first 20 minutes, which were fine, another piss poor display of "football" from the most overrated and average manager who ever set foot in the Premier League. Heskey on the left wing? Beye at right back instead of Luke Young? Anybody who thinks it takes a special manager to come up with fuckwittery like that wants their head examining.

:lol:

Words fail.

So does O'Neill.

Yes, because finishing 6th twice is a row is failling. :lol:

Would you like to name a manager who could take over then? Or will you continue to spout off with your rubbish without actually naming a replacement?

Its 2 questions :-

How good is MON ?

Who feasibly could do better ?

I think MON is one of the better managers - but he is certainly no genius - he seems to get himself in a promising position, screw up, but then recover.

I doubt anyone who we could feasibly attract could top what MON does. Would like to see some academy players given a chance, and Heskey dispensed with.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was another dismal display of football. Sidwell was crap, Heskey was crap, Carew was crap. What have the likes of Delfouneso got to do to get a game from our gutless, clueless manager?

Did Delph not start again Wigan? Was he not poor? There's a reason MON won't just throw kids on like that.

Don't know if he'll get a chance in that case then, or why he bought him. In the games i've seen him play, Delph has always been our best midfield player, yet he is always the one withdrawn, because Mighty Stan the Man could be playing on crutches and still not be taken off.

The ref made some poor decisions but they weren't entirely responsible for our defeat.

We dominated the first half by default. By this I mean West Ham were so terrible they kept giving us the ball. In spite of this we still struggled to make clear cut chances. We have zero creativity in the middle of the park exemplified by Sidwell who must have touched the ball no more than 3 times in the first 45 and perhaps a couple more in the second 45. Like Sidwell, Carew and Heskey were both anonymous.

The crux of the matter is that we are extremely uncomfortable when the onus is on us to run the game. We were given ample opportunity to do so tonight but had no inclination to do so. Why? Because we aren't encouraged to treat the ball as a 'friend'.

This was no blip, it's been coming. We have to learn how to keep posession, and quick. We are also carrying too much dead wood. Heskey and Sidwell are just plain shit and Carew should be moved on as he's never going to be motivated enough to do it week in week out. He should be up there with Drogba with the talent he has but he just can't be arsed. Sad really.

Good first half performance ruined by what looked like a poor referee decision. Couldn't watch the 2nd half thanks to crappy internet but it sounded like we were shit as soon as we scored, also how have we not got someone who can consistently score pens?

Things have gone a bit stale the last few games i think some changes need to be made. I think he fonz deserves to have a start and maybe give delph anoher chance. I know we lost the 2 games with delph and petrov but you wouldn't just give a new strike partnership 2 games to show form.

Very poor result, we need to make up for it by winning the next 2 games and getting something out of spurs.

Lads calm down, we dropped a point in the last min, after 4 away games in 12 days.

We'll need to put things right against Bolton. It's not the end of the world.

The voice of reason comes from Connor Bryne, the apocolypse is coming!!!!

Hey I'm always calm after losses on here. Over reaction makes no sense anymore. I get annoyed after bad runs of form, not last min goals.

Wolves - poor performance

Everton - poor performance

West Ham - poor performance

What's that if it's not a bad run of form?

All away from home though. We need a home game to get some confidence back. It's harsh judging the team on a run of away games when we only lost in the last min of the 4th game.

I know emotions are high, but let the team respond on Saturday before you hammer them

It was another dismal display of football. Sidwell was crap, Heskey was crap, Carew was crap. What have the likes of Delfouneso got to do to get a game from our gutless, clueless manager?

Did Delph not start again Wigan? Was he not poor? There's a reason MON won't just throw kids on like that.

Don't know if he'll get a chance in that case then, or why he bought him. In the games i've seen him play, Delph has always been our best midfield player, yet he is always the one withdrawn, because Mighty Stan the Man could be playing on crutches and still not be taken off.

Delph was terrible against Wigan. He tried well enough, but his passes were poor, he couldn't take players on, his tackles were bad. He deserved to be dropped and showed why you can't just put kids in.

I know its silly but this is an example of what O'Neill would have done if he'd have been ManUre manager (and he had Ibrahimovic)-

tonight he would have played a front 6 of

Nani...Scholes...Anderson...Berbatov

.........Rooney......Ibrahimovic

Nani is a left sided player who likes to cut inside, and there is no protection in midfield.

At half time, with owen, carrick, giggs, neville, valencia and hargreaves on the bench, he switches nani to left mid where he should be, takes berbatov off after realising he is crap at left mid, and brings on owen hargreaves at right mid (a central player) and he puts himself about a bit.

As the match wears on and Nani scores a wondergoal from the position he should be playing in and missing a pen when he shouldn't be taking one in an otherwise innefectual game, Scholes is 35 and dead on his feet and Anderson has had a hard working but poor game. However he doesn't change it and eventually WesBrown after a poor game at right back gets sent off, and the ineffective Ibra finally comes off to be replaced by than man who should have started at RB anyway, Neville.

Ultimately the tiring midfield is inevitably torn apart in the last minute, as it has been for the entire 2nd half.

Sorry, I am a geek, and very annoyed, and am up for a bit of MON bashing. Just to put a different slant on tonight.

Delph was terrible against Wigan. He tried well enough, but his passes were poor, he couldn't take players on, his tackles were bad. He deserved to be dropped and showed why you can't just put kids in.

Did you watch us against Cardiff and Blackburn? He was arguably our best player in both games.