PL: West Ham a Match Thread 2009/11/04 19:45

limpid

Gutted but we can expect to win our next 2. MON seems not to trust some of our younger players and seems unwilling to take a gamble! Playing old favourites out of position rather than giving some of the younger lads a chance.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what really pisses me off is mon won't make a change unless he's forced to. delph is one of the only creative mids we have and should have been put on to change the game, everyone could see what was happening in the last 10 minutes why couldn't mon

We lost because of the referee? We played OK?

We were **** ripped to shreds by their player Hines, during the second half he was totally running the show, owning us totally, shooting at us from left right centre repeatedly and we had no one who could stop him. So we laughed at Liverpool getting beaten by a midfield of Greening and Baird.

Well this team got totally owned by a single Hines.

great stuff, well done martin, picked heskey yet again, leaves a midfield of nrc on the right petrov tired, sidwell awol

yep another classic from martin o neal, no doubt people will still come up with some shit defending some of his utter shit decisions.

more points thrown away, well **** done

This :evil:

Yep - MON'S ship has sailed. Its as far as we go with him. He isn't a bad manager - but his reputation is way overstated. Very similar to Graham Taylor. I beleive the weekend rumour that this will be his last season - and he will announce as much in the new year.

Rumour?! Please embellish.

I, personally, would not be too disappointed with that. Have felt the same since last season's capitulation.

MON seems hamstrung by his indecision, or innovation in trying something new. And its costing us now.

why are so many people blaming heskey for this? he only played the first half - and it was the second where we were absolutely w@nk!

i'm not even angry about the result because after 85 minutes i had decided that we deserved nothing from the game and if west ham scored it was nothing more than they merited. hines was the only west ham player in our box when he scored - marked by six villa players plus the keeper - comical.

After the first 20 minutes, which were fine, another piss poor display of "football" from the most overrated and average manager who ever set foot in the Premier League. Heskey on the left wing? Beye at right back instead of Luke Young? Anybody who thinks it takes a special manager to come up with fuckwittery like that wants their head examining.

:lol:

Words fail.

i tell you what the worst part is. Reading people's comments that they want the manager out when we lose and how brilliant we are when we win. Does my head. Bottom line is Villa will lose games, Villa will win games, we will finish in top 8 - maybe a cup final as well but we lack that little bit of guile and that little bit of quality that turns decent teams (villa, everton, spurs) into top 4 material. Simple as that. I'm fed of reading the ridiculous comments on here and the childish overreactions to defeats. Good night.

After the first 20 minutes, which were fine, another piss poor display of "football" from the most overrated and average manager who ever set foot in the Premier League. Heskey on the left wing? Beye at right back instead of Luke Young? Anybody who thinks it takes a special manager to come up with fuckwittery like that wants their head examining.

Words fail.

Thank God for that. :lol:

For the first time I'm starting to lose faith with MON - we now have a decent size squad and we're just not using it. Why were neither Delph or Delf brought on for the last 15? Why is he playing Heskey as LM? Just do not get it at all

Hines showed the benefits of trying out the raw skill and energy of youth, fair play to the lad he was excellent.

kinda ironic that we have a decent size squad in virtually all positions for the first season in ages and MON has absolutely no intention of using it....

'he can consider himself unlucky to not be in the side'............

in other words im never gonna play you unless Young,Gabby,Heskey,Petrov,Milner and Carew all get injured at once

I'm amazed Heskey is even being mentioned, he only played half the game and did nothing wrong.

He may not have done anything wrong but did he do anything right?

This.

As far as i can see Heskey does nothing. It's hard to criticise what he does do because he doesn't do anything but charge around and occasionally head the ball.

Obviously MON knows more than any of us on this forum but sometimes i do wonder at some of his decisions. I don't know why Delph was considered a first team choice on the firts game of the season but now can't even make an appearance when we've got injuries and gash like Heskey on the pitch. I just hope MON changes it against Bolton and gives the like sof Albrighton and Delph a go ahead of Heskey.

Next game we get cuellar back so that will rectify a few problems we had down the right hand side tonight. Usually we have milner tracking back to defend but heskey was never gonna be good at doing that. Beye isn't good enough and it certainly didn't help his case that he didn't get help from Heskey. Reo coker did alright when he came on.

It is dissapointing that we lacked urgency during the last 20 minutes. It was as though the team was settling for a draw. I know MON certainly didn't want a draw, he was livid at beye for taking his time walking off the pitch when he got sent off. We shouldn't be dropping points to these kind of teams if we want top 4. Frustrating match to watch. They deserved the win,they created more chances.

Words fail.

So does O'Neill.