Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Pavlyuchenko wants out in January. I say we sign him up. Anyone else like that idea? I think he is a great striker and would do good for us. Probably not MON's sort of player but I could see him doing well for us.

Yeh, i suggested this a while back. Good striker I reckon, excellent finisher.. hasn't worked for him at Spurs, but he's looked really good whenever I've seen him play for Russia.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awful striker is pav.

awful awful awful. incredibly mediocre, made to look good by Russia. Scoring a few goals against England doesn't make you a star. Quick, why didn't we sign that San Marino fella?!

Another Rebrov a mile off, competent in his own domestic league, but just had no standout ability that makes you think - yeah he'll add something different. incredibly bland, and a predictable failure. I would rather have Heskey in the villa side than Pavluychenko. I just don't see what is good about him. He is bland, not even on the level of the Kevin Doyle's of this world.

Spurs have a stronger first team? never. What players from your first team would get into ours? IMO 1 or perhaps 2.

Defence . Villa > Spurs.

The rest? Young > Modric, Milner > Lennon. Petrov> Jenas, Huddlesetone. Palacious > NRC, Sidwell.

Attack Defoe => Gabby. Carew > Crouch

We have had a moderate start to our season, Spurs have had their best start for years, how many points ahead? Its early days and it will be close but being as objective as I can :;): Villa look to have a better chance, IMO.

Congrats on the new stadium, looks nice, a bit like Derbys, The Re Cock and the Riverside + the Emirates...... Its a shame we have to keep our classic traditional stadium (the home of the modern game), complete with one of the finest Jacobean mansions in the world.

I believed only Magpies were attracted to shiny things, maybe Cockrells are as well?

granville wrote:

This is ridiculous, who cares what the **** key is? This is a Villa forum, spurs are managed by a rocket polisher who will bankrupt them, can't that be the key instead?

The key is Villa>Spurs, Proof: the last two seasons league positions because until 38 games have been played the league table is fairly irrelevant.

But still my favourite post is GS saying that Spurs have some players in their squad who have missed out on finishing in the top 4 as a boast. Because in simple terms: Top 4 = somewhere, everywhere else = fairly irrelevant for the likes of Villa, Spurs, Man City, Everton.

... As i said, at the level our clubs are at defence is the key.

Defence is not THE key for any club at any level in any league. This conclusion is dictated by the logic of 3 points for a win, but only 1 point for a draw. That logic emphasises the importance of attack over defence.

The notion of 'building from the back' is just a tired old cliche, dating back to the era when a win gained only 2 points. In the modern era the midfield is the key area to build from, especially the ability of the midfield to support strikers and unlock defences for strikers.

Seriously,

A spurs fan comes on a Villa site quoting LOGIC

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Pavlyuchenko wants out in January. I say we sign him up. Anyone else like that idea? I think he is a great striker and would do good for us. Probably not MON's sort of player but I could see him doing well for us.

Yeh, i suggested this a while back. Good striker I reckon, excellent finisher.. hasn't worked for him at Spurs, but he's looked really good whenever I've seen him play for Russia.

Rumour is he is going to Liverpool on loan.

link

CUDICINI HURT IN ROAD ACCIDENT

Tottenham goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has been injured in a motorbike crash in London.

The Italian was rushed to hospital after suffering injuries described by the police as "possibly life-changing".

Cudicini's BMW superbike was in collision with a Ford Fiesta on Forest Road, Walthamstow at 10.30am on Thursday morning.

Early indications suggest the former Chelsea man is being treated for a suspected broken pelvis.

A police spokesperson confirmed: "A 36-year-old male suffered injuries described as possibly life-changing and was taken to an East London hospital for further assessment and treatment."

A Tottenham spokesperson confirmed Cudicini had been involved in an accident, but were unsure of his injuries.

"We can confirm Carlo Cudicini was involved in a road accident this morning. The club doctor is with him at hospital where we await the result of scans and tests," said the Spurs spokesperson.

"When more is known and things are made clear, a statement will be made through the club's website."

Spurs have a stronger first team? never. What players from your first team would get into ours? IMO 1 or perhaps 2.

Defence . Villa > Spurs.

The rest? Young > Modric, Milner > Lennon. Petrov> Jenas, Huddlesetone. Palacious > NRC, Sidwell.

Attack Defoe => Gabby. Carew > Crouch

What I actually said was the Spurs have a deeper (and better) squad depth, which IMO will be one of the pivotal factors as the season wears on.

I didn't make any comments about first XIs, tho' I will say now that your first XI comparisons are mostly wide of the mark.

If I were to make a Villa Spurs Team I'd go:

----------------Friedel-------------------

Young------King-----Collins-----Warnock

------------Palacios---Huddlestone-------

--Lennon----------Modric-------------Young

-------------------Agbonlahor-----------------

Bench:

Guzan

Corluka

Dunne

Petrov

Milner

Carew

Defoe.

Some of the players in the first 11 might not be as good as some on the bench or not in the team but certainl fits the team.

In terms of Squad and First 11, I'd say Spurs and Villa are pretty even, probably edging towards Spurs for attacking quality, Villa defensively.

If I were to make a Villa Spurs Team I'd go:

----------------Friedel-------------------

Young------King-----Collins-----Warnock

------------Palacios---Huddlestone-------

--Lennon----------Modric-------------Young

-------------------Agbonlahor-----------------

Bench:

Guzan

Corluka

Dunne

Petrov

Milner

Carew

Defoe.

Some of the players in the first 11 might not be as good as some on the bench or not in the team but certainl fits the team.

In terms of Squad and First 11, I'd say Spurs and Villa are pretty even, probably edging towards Spurs for attacking quality, Villa defensively.

Fattystone? I don't rate him at all... I mean, apart from waddling around the pitch and wanting to shoot from 30 yards all the time - what does he offer to the team? And no way would I pick Lennon over Milner. Lennon is such a one dimensional winger who is extremely overrated and you always can predict what he's going to do with the ball, and being a winger, you'd expect him to be able to cross the ball which he can't. Milner for me has more variety to his game and is progressing more as a player than Lennon because Milner wants to develop in other area's which he previsouly not very good at i.e crossing and technique whereas I haven't seen any change to Lennon's game and nor has he particually improved.

The only Spurs players who I'd like to have in my team are Modric and Defoe and that's it - the rest of the Spurs players are very overrated - especially Woodgate, King, Assou-Ekotto and Lennon.

Â