Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following on from feedback, the club has made some changes to the plans during the recent consultation period, with the single tier "Kop" stand being the biggest single change. Obviously I'm biased, but I think the design now looks fantastic.

The club has stayed true with it's promise to listen and learn, making sure that the fans are close to the action, with the sound being acoustically reflected down onto the pitch and all with the aim of making it a really intense atmosphere in which to play and watch the game.

Given the associated development of housing, a hotel, a supermarket and so on, I have a lot of confidence that Levy can pull this off without crippling the club debt-wise. With an application for full planning permission having been submitted, things are really moving on apace ... exciting times ahead for Spurs fans.

I think it looks pretty smart as new developments go with the single tier kop breaking from the symetrical lines found at other bowl type designs. One thing that hasn't been mentioned in the new development details is the transport links. I've been to White Hart Lane a couple of times and it's an absolute nightmare to get out of being served only by rail with no tube station. With a a potential extra 20k every game how the hell is it going to work?

It's just a standard bowl though. Is that where we're going to be in 50 years? 20 premiership teams each with a stadium that is basically the same.

I'd take Villa Park with 4 seperate stands any day.

I think it looks pretty smart as new developments go with the single tier kop breaking from the symetrical lines found at other bowl type designs. One thing that hasn't been mentioned in the new development details is the transport links. I've been to White Hart Lane a couple of times and it's an absolute nightmare to get out of being served only by rail with no tube station. With a a potential extra 20k every game how the hell is it going to work?

Yes, the transport links are very poor.

I think it might be a sticking point for the council in the planning application.

It's just a standard bowl though. Is that where we're going to be in 50 years? 20 premiership teams each with a stadium that is basically the same.

I'd take Villa Park with 4 seperate stands any day.

True, but then look at the 'new' stadiums that have four separate stands - The Ricoh, Walkers Stadium etc.. not exactly inspiring,

There is just something about new stadiums that ruin the atmosphere

Ricoh is a bowl too to be fair.

I dunno, I just don't like these new bowls. They do look nice, but there's no character to them, and no potential for development. I love the fact we're redoing the North stand because there's potential there for anything really. We can have 4 unique stands all with their own look. You don't get that with bowls.

well they say that this new stadium of spurs will hold in an atmosphire, will that will be a first for spurs if they can generate 1, am afraid a few lines of come on you spurs once or twice a game isnt an atmosphire, add spurs are on their way to wembley for cups i supose. great new ground though if transport links allow it

Dunno. Spurs keep saying they have a ridiculously long wait for season tickets and every matchday at White Hart Lane is massively oversubscribed, they could get 50k a week quite easily.

I read somewhere that Spurs have more than 1million people living within ten miles of their ground, which is the most of any club in the country. Of course, they have to share London with twelve other professional clubs (thirteen if you count Watford, and you probably should as it is inside the M25 and has a station on the London Underground) but it still stands that the potential walk up support for Spurs is huge.

Â