Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Milner has 2 goals & 5 assists this season, compared to Lennons 2 goals & 3 assists - I wouldn't say that's "far less"

I don't know where you get your stats from, but they are wrong: Lennon has 5 assists.

But in any case stats don't tell the whole story - for example they miss the way that Lennon pulls defenders out of position, causes panic and mayhem and thereby creates spaces and gaps for other attackers to exploit.

Got my stats from Here. I agree that stats don't tell the whole story but they tell a pretty big part of it, and I think Lennon is a good player. I just disagree with the "Milner's "creativity going forward" is far less than Lennon's (Milner poses far less of an attacking threat)." quote.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milner has 2 goals & 5 assists this season, compared to Lennons 2 goals & 3 assists - I wouldn't say that's "far less"

I don't know where you get your stats from, but they are wrong: Lennon has 5 assists.

But in any case stats don't tell the whole story - for example they miss the way that Lennon pulls defenders out of position, causes panic and mayhem and thereby creates spaces and gaps for other attackers to exploit.

yeah but thats horses for courses

we could spout on about how milner can drop deep and play more than one position, making him dangerous when he interchanges with young and loses his marker, and provides our team style with more than lennon could

as i said some pages back, lennon is IMO a good player and should go to the WC ahead of SWP, but lennon is a RW nothing more nothing less, a WC squad is 23 men, if milner can play 3 positions whilst lennon can lay 1 the decision might not be made according to goals and assists

(B) modify the 2nd part of your question so that it reflects the facts (the finishing places) during the period that at least some of the current players for both teams have been at each of the clubs concerned.

What like the past 2 seasons? Do you want me narrow it to the first 12 games of this season when the clubs have played differing sides?

... What like the past 2 seasons? Do you want me narrow it to the first 12 games of this season when the clubs have played differing sides?

No.

Your question referred to Spurs players vs Villa players in relation to finishing positions. If that question is to be more accurately framed, then, as I've already said, it would need to cover the period that at least some of the current players for both teams have been at each of the clubs concerned.

Thus it would need to cover the 4 seasons prior to this one. In 2005-06 the following players were all at Spurs (and are currently):

Lennon, Jenas, King, Huddlestone, Defoe, Keane, Dawson.

Our team was massively different back then though. You are just picking a cut off point that suits Spurs.

If we want to compare epeens, lets go back to 92/93. First season of the Premier League is a cut off point that suits Villa.

Our team was massively different back then though. You are just picking a cut off point that suits Spurs.

I'm just picking a cut-off point that best fits the question originally framed.

However, that question was daft one in the first place, since it also picked up on a claim that no-one had actually made.

However, that question was daft one in the first place, since it also picked up on a claim that no-one had actually made.

You say every season that Spurs will finish above villa which must mean you believe Spurs to be better (either that or you're thick) so it is a claim you have made!

Harry Redknapp has hit out at "weak" Tottenham players and their "idiot" agents who go behind his back to chairman Daniel Levy.

The White Hart Lane boss refused to single out which members of his squad he was referring to when he made his comments at a League Managers' Association Hall of Fame dinner.

But the antics of some disgruntled Spurs stars has clearly struck a nerve with the long-serving manager who insists all disagreements should be dealt with face-to-face between the parties involved.

Redknapp confirmed Spurs supremo Levy always informs him of any contact from players' representatives and clearly has no respect for those who attempt to undermine his authority.

"What I found amazing is that agents will ring the chairman [Daniel Levy] and complain about their player not playing, you know, 'What is your manager doing, why is he picking this player?' " Redknapp said.

"That's something that's new to me and I find it strange and very difficult to deal with - if a player hasn't got the courage to come and see you himself and ask why he's not playing and get his agent, who would know nothing about football anyway, to ring.

"He [the agent] is only there because [the player] is a money-making machine. He's got no interest in the player when he finishes his career probably, but will ring up the chairman and ask why you're not picking this particular player.

"I'm lucky that the chairman doesn't take any notice and he tells me about these idiots who ring him.

"But I just find it amazing that they have the nerve to do that, and I'm amazed that the player is weak enough to let his agent ring up the chairman and ask why he's not playing.

"He should be coming to see me, knocking on my door. But that is what's going on and I've come across it more and more in recent times."

here

By his own standards he's been quiet for at least a few days!

Usually players go on international duty and make comments about their teams, instead Harry waits for his players to go out of the country and then bitches about them!

1. So... even though Capello likes Milner because of his workrate, creativity going foward and doing his defensive duties you still think Lennon 'deserves' to be in the England WC squad ahead of Milner even though you haven't explained as to why Lennon deserves to be in the squad more than Milner. Riiiiiight.

I have already explained why. But since you seem incapable of reading the thread let me repeat: The primary role of a wide midfielder is not "defensive duties" and Milner's "creativity going forward" is far less than Lennon's (Milner poses far less of an attacking threat). As for "work rate", I think that Capello, in relation to wide midfielders, is rather more interested in looking for attacking, game-changing players.

Apart from anything else, Milner is not even competing with Lennon for the same RW slot. So Milner may well be in Capello's WC squad - I just happen to think that his place is less secure than Lennon's.

2. Yeah... you've sussed me out Glaston, damn! You have the same username on Redcafe as you do on this forum that's how I recognise you.

I didn't ask how you recognised me. I asked why you are so interested in tracking what I post elsewhere, when frankly I couldn't care less whether or not you choose to post elsewhere.

The difference is that I prefer to talk about football rather than sadly obsesssing with individual posters and seeking to to target them. As I've said already: good luck with your "hobby".

The rest of your comments are not worth responding to.

Oh dear... well your going by your logic that means Walcott will be playing on the right-wing instead of Lennon because he's better at what he does than what you're claiming Lennon is better at than Milner.

Dude, I have many friends who 'support' Man United... I read that forum maybe twice a week and I've stumbled across many threads in the "Football Forum" where everyone laughs at you and how you talk about Spurs very similar how you talk about Spurs in this forum. THIS IS A VILLA FORUM, NOT A SPURS FORUM. If you just want to talk about Spurs, then why don't you join a Spurs forum? Or are your intentions to wind everyone up whilst spouting tripe? That would just be small time just like how Spurs are small time always being in the shadow of Arsenal.

TBH, I think people are a little harsh to Glaston, he's biased without doubt but so would I if I posted on other board, he doesn't come on here to critisice Villa but is always on the defensive because were on the aggressive, okay it's a Villa forum so should he be here but he contributes and if people weren't so heated about the fact he doesn't support Villa the forum would be a better place. Saying that coming to a forum where most people dislike Tottenham alot isn't the cleverest idea but ya know ;)

I'm not saying his opinions are valid because he is biased to be fair in a few cases (not all) but let's remember we have people like Sting who think less of our players than Glaston does :lol:

Red Cafe is a joke forum. The Manure fans I know that read message boards will not go near that place, for it is inhabited by dullards, and the sort of glory hunting, know-nothing bellends the 'proper' fans want nothing to do with...

...to quote Red Cafe, you may as well quote Sickipedia.

Spurs could actually push them quite far this year.

Though looking back at those stats it's quite embarrassing for Spurs, isn't it? 3 seasons in a row, 01-04 all happened in March.. and in 04-05 they only just escaped backing it 4 with 2nd April.

I'd be amazed if Lennon created 'panic and mayhem' in opposition defences.

He's playing against pros, not pissed up sparkies on a Sunday morning.

Harry Redknapp has hit out at "weak" Tottenham players and their "idiot" agents who go behind his back to chairman Daniel Levy.

The White Hart Lane boss refused to single out which members of his squad he was referring to when he made his comments at a League Managers' Association Hall of Fame dinner.

But the antics of some disgruntled Spurs stars has clearly struck a nerve with the long-serving manager who insists all disagreements should be dealt with face-to-face between the parties involved.

Redknapp confirmed Spurs supremo Levy always informs him of any contact from players' representatives and clearly has no respect for those who attempt to undermine his authority.

"What I found amazing is that agents will ring the chairman [Daniel Levy] and complain about their player not playing, you know, 'What is your manager doing, why is he picking this player?' " Redknapp said.

"That's something that's new to me and I find it strange and very difficult to deal with - if a player hasn't got the courage to come and see you himself and ask why he's not playing and get his agent, who would know nothing about football anyway, to ring.

"He [the agent] is only there because [the player] is a money-making machine. He's got no interest in the player when he finishes his career probably, but will ring up the chairman and ask why you're not picking this particular player.

"I'm lucky that the chairman doesn't take any notice and he tells me about these idiots who ring him.

"But I just find it amazing that they have the nerve to do that, and I'm amazed that the player is weak enough to let his agent ring up the chairman and ask why he's not playing.

"He should be coming to see me, knocking on my door. But that is what's going on and I've come across it more and more in recent times."

here

By his own standards he's been quiet for at least a few days!

Usually players go on international duty and make comments about their teams, instead Harry waits for his players to go out of the country and then bitches about them!

He really doesn't like Bentley does he.

Â