Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

By now as in any spurs player of obvious class who performs consistently for more than 18 months and aren't made of glass would be gone 'by now'

So you don't rate Lennon. However, Capello rates him, Redknapp rates him, Jol rates him and every manager he's ever played for has rated him.

So I'll trust their (and my) judgement over your assessment "abilities", because it seems you wouldn't know obvious class if it bit you on the arse.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By now as in any spurs player of obvious class who performs consistently for more than 18 months and aren't made of glass would be gone 'by now'

So you don't rate Lennon. However, Capello rates him, Redknapp rates him, Jol rates him and every manager he's ever played for has rated him.

So I'll trust their (and my) judgement over your assessment "abilities", because it seems you wouldn't know obvious class if it bit you on the arse.

A lot of respected managers rated heskey including the current england manager but i still think he is pretty poor.

I happen to think lennon will struggle to go to the world cup, milner has more chance because he is more consistent and can play in more than just 1 position.

He's a decent premiership player for a mid table team, which is obviously why you have such affection for him. You probably feel you can devote your heart to him as he is not going to go run off to a big club like some of your lost loves.

He will always be around the edge of the England squad, ready to step down when others return from injury.

Continue to enjoy his games where he is on form and electric , and forgot the ineffective afternoons when his crosses hit the corner flag and he runs into dead ends.

He's a decent premiership player for a mid table team ...

Whilst Lennon has been at Spurs we've finished 5th twice, come within 30 minutes of finishing 4th, won a trophy and made two Wembley final appearances - so that's six times a better accomplishment than anything that MON at Villa - or any current player at Villa - has so far managed.

Let me know when Milner or Young or any of other wide-midfield World Cup squad wannabees at Villa can say the same thing.

Whilst Lennon has been at Spurs we've finished 5th twice, come within 30 minutes of finishing 4th, won a trophy and made two Wembley final appearances - so that's six times a better accomplishment than anything that MON at Villa - or any current player at Villa - has so far managed.

Let me know when Milner or Young or any of other wide-midfield World Cup squad wannabees at Villa can say the same thing.

There we have it, Lennon has done all of this by himself so he is an amazing player much better than any villa player(has to be true because its in bold.

Just think he was only 30 minutes of being even better, then e would have been 23 times more sucessful than any villa player.

Note, when Spurs we bottom of the table, he had nothing to do with it, that was the fault of the other 10 players.

What in the name of God....6 times a better accomplishment? That sentence doesn't actually make sense, you're counting 'nearly finishing fourth' and finishing fifth as two seperate achievements!

2 Wembley appearances AND a trophy....was the trophy from one of those appearances? Yet you're counting it as a seperate achievement?

Please tell me I've misread

come within 30 minutes of finishing 4th.

:crylaugh:

And you still **** it up lol. Best chance you've ever had to finish 4th in the Premier League and you mess it all up in typical Bottomham Lolspurs fashion. btw, we were 1st around late November/early December last season... Spurs won't be this season.

I like how when Villa fans talk about our past and success (winning the European Cup which Spurs fans envy because they know they'll never do it) you dismiss it... but when you talk about Spurs 'history' you act as if it's still current and matters more. And judging by the last two seasons in the Premier League, you're a mid-table team, just like you've been a mid-table team since the inauguration of the Premier League if we do an average your league positions.

There we have it ...

No, there we have a justified response, every word of it true, to your condescending BS about Lennon being merely "a decent premiership player for a mid table team."

Every word of it true? 6 times the achievement.....

I express my opinion that Lennon is an ok player, you call it BS and use playground logic to back it up.

What in the name of God....6 times a better accomplishment? That sentence doesn't actually make sense, you're counting 'nearly finishing fourth' and finishing fifth as two seperate achievements!

2 Wembley appearances AND a trophy....was the trophy from one of those appearances? Yet you're counting it as a seperate achievement?

:lol:

Glaston is pure gold.

Tell us again why dos santos is better than young.

:lol:

Glaston is pure gold.

Oh dear... when did Glaston say that? In pre-season in 2008 is my guess haha.

do you think heskey is world class then?

... Glaston is pure gold.

I don't recall saying that, but don't let that stop you from inventing things in an effort to change the subject.

And what is the current subject? It's the notion that Milner - despite being older than Lennon, and despite the fact that he's been part of nothing much yet at Villa (or anywhere else) compared to what Lennon has been part of at Spurs - is the superior player and more likely to be in the final WC squad than Lennon .....

Now that's what I'd call pure gold.

1. Lennon has been at Spurs longer than Milner has at Villa and why do you seem to think Lennon is more likely to be in the WC squad than Milner when Lennon hasn't shown he deserves to be in the squad more than Milner.

2. Why do you just post the same things on this forum and on Redcafe where everyone laughs at you because of the bizarre things you say?

... 6 times a better accomplishment? That sentence doesn't actually make sense, you're counting 'nearly finishing fourth' and finishing fifth as two seperate achievements!

Yes, and why not?

Finishing 5th (twice in a row) is a good achievement in itself, and closer to 4th than Villa have achieved with any of your current players, but the fact that we came even closer than this suggests - 30 minutes away in the final game of the season - is also worthy of note and something far, far closer to 4th than any current Villa players have experienced.

Reaching a Wembley final is an achievement in itself is it not? And winning one of the finals is an achievement that goes one better. We've done the former twice and the latter once whilst Lennon has been at Spurs.

But don't get hung up on whether you wish to call it overall four times the achievement or six times, because either way it doesn't change the basic point.

Milner has been at Villa for one season.

In that season Villa easily outperformed Spurs in the league, by 11 points.

In my point of view that provides no basis to compare him to Lennon, in Glaston's strange logic it must make Milner a better play by at least 2.17 times!

.... do you think heskey is world class then?

No, but then again I've not called Lennon world class either, so what's your point?

your point is you put so much weight in the opinion of other managers in lennon, yet plenty of former managers (including one in common with those in your lennon list) think hes fantastic

hes clearly not

im just highlighting that just because "insert name here" says someone is good, it doesnt mean they are

1. Lennon has been at Spurs longer than Milner has at Villa and why do you seem to think Lennon is more likely to be in the WC squad than Milner when Lennon hasn't shown he deserves to be in the squad more than Milner.

I've already said why: try reading the thread.

... Why do you just post the same things on this forum and on Redcafe ...

Generally I don't. For example, I don't recall discussing Milner vs. Lennon anywhere else but here.

Why are you so interested in what I post on Redcafe, when I couldn't care less whether you post on there or not?

Why am I not interested? Perhaps it's because, unlike you it seems, I'm not one of these stalker types who obsesses about particular posters and apparently seeks to target them. Anyhow, good luck with your "hobby".

Â