Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am friends with quite a few Southampton and Portsmouth fans and the things they say about twitcher are worse than we do! Infact I know a few Bournemouth fans who also have some quite funny things to say about him too. Get over it Glaston.

^^^ love the MMfy post!

It wouldn't be so sad, except that probably about half the posts are not about football at all, but rather concern various forms of personal abuse, many of them directed against Harry and most of these concerning his post-car accident facial appearance.

Oh well ....

What is all this shyte I'm reading again?

Phil Thompson has got a big nose. We sung "sit down Big Nose" at him when he was standing in for Gerard Houllier a few years back, as did most opposing team's fans. The only thing Phil Thompson has really done that pisses me off, is the manner in which he conducts himself on Soccer Saturday. If Liverpool Football Club had a collective cock, you wouldn't be able to see it. However, we know where it would be located - banging against Phil Thompson's tonsils.

Harry Redknapp - where to start.

It's not the tax evasion.

It's not the dodgy dealings, and the suspicions that have followed him throughout his managerial career.

It's not even the fact that his face looks like a melted candle - I worked with a guy for years who looked exactly like Redknapp (in the melted candle face aspect) who was a spot on, top bloke. And a hardened Bluenose. His face was never subjected to banter.

We don't care about the reasons he looks like this, the same way nobody really cares about how Heather McCartney got her peg leg. Or Jeremy Beadle had a small hand. Or the way Jeremy Clarkson calls Richard Hammond a hamster.

It's not EVEN the fact he has only ever won one cup, in what one would see Spurs fans advertise as a glittering career. He is a nobody, who has no proven record.

It's down mainly to three things.

1. Every club Harry Redknapp has managed, he has pretty much destroyed financially. Every one, up until now. His wheeling and dealing in purchasing Crouch from Portsmouth, a club in deep financial faecal matter, was just testament to what a ruthless cockmaster he is, and how he didn't give a flying **** for the club he was regarded a legend at. Bournemouth, West Ham, Southampton and Portsmouth were all financially fookered after he left. Portsmouth, it seems, are not likely to survive as a result. The bent **** can't even pay his taxes properly...

2. He is constantly and inexplicably omnipresent in the media, and constantly flaunts the regulations set by FIFA/The FA by talking about players contracted to other clubs than that he is managing - and tapping players up. He should have been disciplined/punished countless times over (as should SAF) but nothing ever happens.

3. His comments about Aston Villa and the fans over the last three or four seasons. Research it. Any manager for an opposing club is going to get shit for saying what he has said.

So, when a club's fans have a reason to dislike a person for a number of reasons, some of which made personal by that manager, you can't come here as a fan of another team and expect us to stand in an orderly line, waiting to drop to our knees to perform noshy noshy on him. If you want to do just that, please don't expect us not to take the piss as his balls are banging against your chin.

He is not and never going to be a popular person around here - and that is a fact you are going to have to live with.

As for your 'NR' comment, you may get a lot of those against a lot of your posts on here...

:winkold:

Quoted for sheer magnificence and lucidity of argument :)

It wouldn't be so sad, except that probably about half the posts are not about football at all, but rather concern various forms of personal abuse, many of them directed against Harry and most of these concerning his post-car accident facial appearance.

Oh well ....

What is all this shyte I'm reading again?

Phil Thompson has got a big nose. We sung "sit down Big Nose" at him when he was standing in for Gerard Houllier a few years back, as did most opposing team's fans. The only thing Phil Thompson has really done that pisses me off, is the manner in which he conducts himself on Soccer Saturday. If Liverpool Football Club had a collective cock, you wouldn't be able to see it. However, we know where it would be located - banging against Phil Thompson's tonsils.

Harry Redknapp - where to start.

It's not the tax evasion.

It's not the dodgy dealings, and the suspicions that have followed him throughout his managerial career.

It's not even the fact that his face looks like a melted candle - I worked with a guy for years who looked exactly like Redknapp (in the melted candle face aspect) who was a spot on, top bloke. And a hardened Bluenose. His face was never subjected to banter.

We don't care about the reasons he looks like this, the same way nobody really cares about how Heather McCartney got her peg leg. Or Jeremy Beadle had a small hand. Or the way Jeremy Clarkson calls Richard Hammond a hamster.

It's not EVEN the fact he has only ever won one cup, in what one would see Spurs fans advertise as a glittering career. He is a nobody, who has no proven record.

It's down mainly to three things.

1. Every club Harry Redknapp has managed, he has pretty much destroyed financially. Every one, up until now. His wheeling and dealing in purchasing Crouch from Portsmouth, a club in deep financial faecal matter, was just testament to what a ruthless cockmaster he is, and how he didn't give a flying **** for the club he was regarded a legend at. Bournemouth, West Ham, Southampton and Portsmouth were all financially fookered after he left. Portsmouth, it seems, are not likely to survive as a result. The bent **** can't even pay his taxes properly...

2. He is constantly and inexplicably omnipresent in the media, and constantly flaunts the regulations set by FIFA/The FA by talking about players contracted to other clubs than that he is managing - and tapping players up. He should have been disciplined/punished countless times over (as should SAF) but nothing ever happens.

3. His comments about Aston Villa and the fans over the last three or four seasons. Research it. Any manager for an opposing club is going to get shit for saying what he has said.

So, when a club's fans have a reason to dislike a person for a number of reasons, some of which made personal by that manager, you can't come here as a fan of another team and expect us to stand in an orderly line, waiting to drop to our knees to perform noshy noshy on him. If you want to do just that, please don't expect us not to take the piss as his balls are banging against your chin.

He is not and never going to be a popular person around here - and that is a fact you are going to have to live with.

As for your 'NR' comment, you may get a lot of those against a lot of your posts on here...

:winkold:

Quoted for sheer magnificence and lucidity of argument :)

top top post

by all accoumts Redknap is richer than Ferguson, looking at their management careers somethings not right there

Top 10 wealthiest managers:

1 Fabio Capello (England) £30m

2 Roy Keane (Ipswich) £27m

3 Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United) £22m

4 Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea) £17m

5 Sven-Goran Eriksson (Notts County director of football) £15m

5= Arsene Wenger (Arsenal) £15m

7 Harry Redknapp (Tottenham) £10m

8 Rafael Benitez (Liverpool) £9m

8= Martin O'Neill (Aston Villa) £9m

10 Mark Hughes (Manchester City) £8m

GlastonSpur, you don't half bring the punters in :wink: .

If I was to try and make a fuss on a forum, then I would be you! Cheers.

Its also raises the profile of your own team and thats the only reason I can see that you post on here.

TBH, if you was a NE team then I would probably not dislike you too much, but you ain't and that typical cocky way about you adds to that feeling. Good luck for the rest of the season, I feel both you and us are gonna need it to finish in the top 4. UTV

Perhaps Harry took the chanting too much to heart, but in his defence it was a time when he was deeply(and rightfully) upset over the treatment of his wife by the police.

The incident in the same game, with a supposedly mature, responsible man throwing a coin was disgraceful, and a stain on our club. Similarly such people standing behind him and giving all sorts of abuse is unacceptable behaviour. Holte End chants are one thing, direct, in the face vitriol is something else. All Redknapp did was comment about that and give his own view.

But we all know that football fans can dish it, but don't like taking something back.

I dunno. If he came up as manager and made us play exciting, attacking football I think a number of us would bestow popularity upon him. Anything to relieve us from the sterile dirge that we are presently subjected to, surely.

The incident in the same game, with a supposedly mature, responsible man throwing a coin was disgraceful.

Whilst it was certainly disgraceful, it wasn't the same game.

The chant at the first game was "Bummed in the showers" which Harry later added weight to by changing it to "**** in the showers" in response to the song Harry stuck two fingers up at the Holte End then called us a disgrace afterwards and complained about our language. Thanks to his friends in the media it was a comment that carried some weight.

Sadly the events a season later where a coin was thrown at him went some way towards proving him right, but the anger had built up from the first game; it was unjustifiable, but not unprovoked.

I'd also add that the treatment of his wife could have been avoided, and avoided by Harry. If he was angry that his wife had been dragged into a bad situation then that anger might have been better directed at the man in the mirror.

Â