Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I see Grasston has skipped my post once again.

It is important that he understands we are under no obligation to like Harry Redknapp, especially given his comments about Aston Villa fans.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say it was a criminal offence, those are your words not mine.

You didn't say it directly, but by referring to house sale at all you clearly implied it was all dodgy ... otherwise there would be no relevance or point in mentioning it at all.

As for your claim that him making 19% in 10 months during a property boom isn't that unusual then I suggest you re-read the article and pay close attention to the comments relating to the market in that time.

So what? The % figure quoted is one estate agent's estimate of of average price rises in that area. They bear no necessary relation to each particular transaction, the bargain price that may have been negotiated for a house in the first place (before it's later sold on), the keen desire of a purchaser with plenty of money to pay over-the odds to acquire a particular property they fancy before some else takes it, or any improvements to that property that may have been carried out before sale.

Average is average. It means some sales at a gain of much less than average and some at a much bigger gain than average. In short, your introduction of a house sale into this discussion is ridiculous.

Thank you for that totally pointless explaination of the basics of a Bosman signing, oh on the subject of Bosman signings in case you didn't see my post the other week, Sol Campbell wasn't the first high profile example in the UK as you claimed but back to the case at hand...

My explanation was far from pointless. It was directly relevant to the issue of high wages, a subject which you introduced.

What is pointless is your dragging in the issue of Sol Campbell's Bosman transfer to Arsenal - what the hell has he got to do with a discussion of Redknapp and Pompey's finances?

As for the case being politically motivated against Redknapp, that is an new one, an amusing one as well I might add. Is it perhaps some cunning way for Gordon Brown to deflect attention away from his running of the country????

Political-motivation can apply not just to governments or Prime Ministers, but also to police forces and a whole raft of goverment agencies such as HMRC.

There have been plenty of cases where a body insists on taking action simply to try and justify it's own existence or the costs of an lengthy investigation, because they don't wish to admit failure.

I will stick with the 'I'll wait and see' stance thanks ...

Well, that's more than most posters on this issue seem to do. Apparently with the majority it's "guilty until proven innocent".

Flicking through this thread after seeing it jump up a few pages (It remains what I'd reckon hell might be like) this post had me...

Glaston, I think you missed the above question for the billionth time.

As I said above, FROM NOW ON I SHALL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY COMMENT OR QUESTION ABOUT ME PERSONALLY.

Let's give this policy a short-hand: Not Relevant or NR for short.

I shall occasionally repeat this 'NR' as appropriate, until either boredom sets in or postees decide they actually want to talk about football. It's your choice.

**** me. How full of yourself could you possibly get?!

I think Trent and especially Mr_Dogg have nailed it, no humility.

Be honest Glaston, you must have slagged off Redknapp when he was West Ham manager?

No ... why would I? I don't usually have any great desire to slag off any manager.

It's not as if W.Ham are really any great rival to Spurs, and in any case, Redknapp generally did well for them and boosted his reputation as a good manager.

He helped to stabilise them and establish them in the Prem, and also helped bring through a number of young players from the club's academy, including Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Carrick and Lampard.

He also took them to 5th place, which is a remarkable achievement for a club like W.Ham

Be honest Glaston, you must have slagged off Redknapp when he was West Ham manager?

No ... why would I? I don't usually have any great desire to slag off any manager.

It's not as if W.Ham are really any great rival to Spurs, and in any case, Redknapp generally did well for them and boosted his reputation as a good manager.

He helped to stabilise them and establish them in the Prem, and also helped bring through a number of young players from the club's academy, including Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Carrick and Lampard.

He also took them to 5th place, which is a remarkable achievement for a club like W.Ham

There was me thinking West Ham gained more league points than Spurs in the last 2 complete league seasons :)

Very nice to hear you waffling on but you've still won 2 league titles (less than Huddersfield Town) and no European cup! We've blitzed you overall in the big 2. Well done on spending more years as a non top flight team than finishing above us as well. Really impressive stuff! :lol:

Flicking through this thread after seeing it jump up a few pages (It remains what I'd reckon hell might be like) this post had me...

Glaston, I think you missed the above question for the billionth time.

As I said above, FROM NOW ON I SHALL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY COMMENT OR QUESTION ABOUT ME PERSONALLY.

Let's give this policy a short-hand: Not Relevant or NR for short.

I shall occasionally repeat this 'NR' as appropriate, until either boredom sets in or postees decide they actually want to talk about football. It's your choice.

**** me. How full of yourself could you possibly get?!

I think Trent and especially Mr_Dogg have nailed it, no humility.

:lol:

Priceless. Even by internet forum standards, Glaston is something else.

Instead I said that the motivation for Harry to dupe the taxman of 40k is pretty hard to fathom when the guy is a multi-millionare and earns 40k every 3 or 4 days.

It's pretty hard to fathom why Winona Ryder (who has/had several million in the bank) would http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unyKRYb7WPo.

Power (which often tends to go hand in hand with money) tends to make people feel that they can get away with anything (witness Ms. Ryder/Horowitz not making any attempt to conceal the shoplifting). Not saying that this is true of Redknapp, but saying that a rich person wouldn't steal is a bit wide of the mark*.

Semi-related note: it's the consensus of many in the legal profession that the prosecutors in LA wanted a high-profile trial against Ryder (perhaps to show the people that they're serious about fighting crime). By the same token, it would not surprise me at all if HMRC is being a bit more overt in their actions against Redknapp because he is a celebrity; however the fact that the prosecution may be going after someone with extra vim (:wq ;) ) does not affect what deductions may be made concerning the character of the suspect if those accusations prove to be true.

*: indeed, not many people steal because they need money/food/whatever... which is why justifying poverty-alleviation on the basis of crime-prevention doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

FWIW my impression of the treatment of Spurs / Redknapp / Glaston on this thread has been a bit of friendly banter and taking the piss, with a few posters going completely over the top and misinterptreting said piss-taking for full-on hatred or puerile name-calling.

On the whole I suspect it would help if a few posters - and I am including Glaston here - developed a bit more of a sense of humour and were a little more self-deprecating over the things said in this thread. I think you'd find a witty response or two would be the perfect deflection for any thing getting a little too personal.

^^^^^^^^^

yet again

To use you own words

NR

or more appropriately

Pompous Bollocks

It's a pity that you don't have the slightest idea about discussion, marshalling an argument and presenting your case.

What have we learned from your "contribution"? Nothing except that you disagree, but not why or anything of interest. I'm not sure why you bother with such pointlessness really.

Take careful note you pompous, arrogant clearing in the woods

Several months ago you, yes you, when questioned about having a "moral compass" didn't know, or chose not to know what it was.

Why would I even attempt to marshall an argument with someone who's idea of a discussion is

1) I am right

2) Tottenham are correct and virtuous in everything they do

There is no "debating" with you therefore you will have to accept abuse, vitriol and ritual humiliation from now on every time I see a post from you.

Live with it dickhead

Whilst I don't strictly agree with the tone of the above post, I must concur that there is no debate when discussing with Glaston. In his eyes he is never wrong. And seeing as his opinion is that literally everything that Spurs do or have ever done is amazing, a reasonable discussion is pretty much impossible, unless you're constantly complimenting Spurs. Which is obviously unlikely as everybody hates them.

Glaston, do you not think it was improper for Harry to sell his house to a player who he has just signed on a free transfer on a huge wage at what a property agent called a very healthy profit. It is far from being an arms length transaction and opens Harry up to questions.

It would be a remarkable achievement for a club like Tottingham Hotspuds too.

... Why would I even attempt to marshall an argument with someone who's idea of a discussion is

1) I am right

2) Tottenham are correct and virtuous in everything they do

When I make a point, I usually support it with evidence and/or reasoned argument.

Your idea of response (or making a comment), apart from hurling abuse, seems to be mere assertion - "you are wrong, Spurs are crap etc", with no rhyme or reason involved.

Therein lies the difference. If you can't see it, and if you can't see why your approach is without point or interest, then I guess that's just the way things are.

Â