Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Glaston, I think you missed the above question for the billionth time.

As I said above, FROM NOW ON I SHALL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY COMMENT OR QUESTION ABOUT ME PERSONALLY.

Let's give this policy a short-hand: Not Relevant or NR for short.

I shall occasionally repeat this 'NR' as appropriate, until either boredom sets in or postees decide they actually want to talk about football. It's your choice.

I'll take that as a yes then unless you correct me.

I've got a bet for you. Villa will finish higher than Spurs. The loser never posts on VT again. What do you think?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said above, FROM NOW ON I SHALL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY COMMENT OR QUESTION ABOUT ME PERSONALLY.

I shall occasionally repeat this 'W U M' as appropriate, until either boredom sets in or postees decide they actually want to talk about football. It's your choice.

How about a new Villatalk policy?

When an opposing fan refuses to enter into a reasonable debate and only comes on to tell us how wonderful everything is in his own team, we ridicule him.

Lets give this policy a short hand: Wind up merchand or W U M for short.

We could occasionally repeat this 'NR' as appropriate, until either boredom sets in or postees decide they actually want to talk in the real world wheere everyones garden is not so rosey.

I shall occasionally repeat this 'NR' as appropriate, until either boredom sets in or postees decide they actually want to talk about football. It's your choice.

I think you need to reconsider who makes the rules here. If you post any of this 'NR' bollocks, you'll be spending more time on Red Cafe.

Blues 'have a chance' too. Liverpool 'have a chance' of winning the league title. But that's when knowledge comes in and you realise both have no chance when you take everything into account, same with Spurs, they have no chance of getting 4th.

I'm not the one objecting to people saying Villa have no chance of getting 4th.

I'm disagreeing - not "objecting". Posters are perfectly entitled to hold whatever opinions they like.

And you maybe not the one who is "objecting", but you are the one refusing to take the same bet with regard to Villa. Ever heard of double-standards?

And even if you did agree to take the same bet concerning Villa, and lost, you might well just change your user-name and come back with a new account.

So let's stop playing silly games, shall we?

if you cant take the questions that people are asking,and if you dont like what people have to say on this site,why are you still hanging around here??..

... I think you need to reconsider who makes the rules here. If you post any of this 'NR' bollocks, you'll be spending more time on Red Cafe.

Obviously I haven't tried to make site rules. I'm making a rule, for myself, about what I personally will and will not respond to.

This personal rule is that I'm not going to respond further to any comments or questions about me personally. I'm entitled to take that decision and I won't be changing it.

It's hardly a surprising decision in view of the content of many posts, despite my best efforts to respond reasonably and without undue rancour to even the most aggressive posters, some of whom seem only interested in conducting a personal vendetta, entirely unrelated to football.

I'm happy to talk about football and to abide by site rules, but there is no good reason why I should be expected to do anything else.

What is a reasonable stake then Glaston?

If you want to bet that Villa will finish higher than Spurs, then I'm up for a cash bet, provided it's not a silly sum of money. What amount did you have in mind?

How about £50?

If Villa finish higher then you make a donation to Acorns (our club charity) and if Spurs finish higher I will donate to Spurs official charity. Proof of donation to be posted on this thread. Deal?

... I think you need to reconsider who makes the rules here. If you post any of this 'NR' bollocks, you'll be spending more time on Red Cafe.

Obviously I haven't tried to make site rules. I'm making a rule, for myself, about what I personally will and will not respond to.

This personal rule is that I'm not going to respond further to any comments or questions about me personally. I'm entitled to take that decision and I won't be changing it.

It's hardly a surprising decision in view of the content of many posts, despite my best efforts to respond reasonably and without undue rancour to even the most aggressive posters, some of whom seem only interested in conducting a personal vendetta, entirely unrelated to football.

I'm happy to talk about football and to abide by site rules, but there is no good reason why I should be expected to do anything else.

If you're not going to respond to comments or questions, don't. I don't care, I'd prefer you didn't post here at all, personally.

But don't be leaving 'NR' all over the place.

If you want to bet that Villa will finish higher than Spurs, then I'm up for a cash bet, provided it's not a silly sum of money. What amount did you have in mind?

How about £50?

If Villa finish higher then you make a donation to Acorns (our club charity) and if Spurs finish higher I will donate to Spurs official charity. Proof of donation to be posted on this thread. Deal?

OK

It wouldn't be so sad, except that probably about half the posts are not about football at all, but rather concern various forms of personal abuse, many of them directed against Harry and most of these concerning his post-car accident facial appearance.

Oh well ....

What is all this shyte I'm reading again?

Phil Thompson has got a big nose. We sung "sit down Big Nose" at him when he was standing in for Gerard Houllier a few years back, as did most opposing team's fans. The only thing Phil Thompson has really done that pisses me off, is the manner in which he conducts himself on Soccer Saturday. If Liverpool Football Club had a collective cock, you wouldn't be able to see it. However, we know where it would be located - banging against Phil Thompson's tonsils.

Harry Redknapp - where to start.

It's not the tax evasion.

It's not the dodgy dealings, and the suspicions that have followed him throughout his managerial career.

It's not even the fact that his face looks like a melted candle - I worked with a guy for years who looked exactly like Redknapp (in the melted candle face aspect) who was a spot on, top bloke. And a hardened Bluenose. His face was never subjected to banter.

We don't care about the reasons he looks like this, the same way nobody really cares about how Heather McCartney got her peg leg. Or Jeremy Beadle had a small hand. Or the way Jeremy Clarkson calls Richard Hammond a hamster.

It's not EVEN the fact he has only ever won one cup, in what one would see Spurs fans advertise as a glittering career. He is a nobody, who has no proven record.

It's down mainly to three things.

1. Every club Harry Redknapp has managed, he has pretty much destroyed financially. Every one, up until now. His wheeling and dealing in purchasing Crouch from Portsmouth, a club in deep financial faecal matter, was just testament to what a ruthless cockmaster he is, and how he didn't give a flying **** for the club he was regarded a legend at. Bournemouth, West Ham, Southampton and Portsmouth were all financially fookered after he left. Portsmouth, it seems, are not likely to survive as a result. The bent **** can't even pay his taxes properly...

2. He is constantly and inexplicably omnipresent in the media, and constantly flaunts the regulations set by FIFA/The FA by talking about players contracted to other clubs than that he is managing - and tapping players up. He should have been disciplined/punished countless times over (as should SAF) but nothing ever happens.

3. His comments about Aston Villa and the fans over the last three or four seasons. Research it. Any manager for an opposing club is going to get shit for saying what he has said.

So, when a club's fans have a reason to dislike a person for a number of reasons, some of which made personal by that manager, you can't come here as a fan of another team and expect us to stand in an orderly line, waiting to drop to our knees to perform noshy noshy on him. If you want to do just that, please don't expect us not to take the piss as his balls are banging against your chin.

He is not and never going to be a popular person around here - and that is a fact you are going to have to live with.

As for your 'NR' comment, you may get a lot of those against a lot of your posts on here...

:winkold:

How about £50?

Tbf, I had this same bet with Glaston after his outrageous optimism last season (for a tenner to VT). I won and he paid up promptly, hence this little gold lion beside his name.

After googling GlastonSpur, I found my new favourite thread of his.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/spurs-arsenal-fa-youth-cup-qf-238671/

:lol: Typifies him completely. Goes missing when it goes tits up. It seems it's not just us that think he's a joke!

its a bit **** sad going on other team forums to try and be smug isnt it..

How about £50?

In the unlikely event that Spuds do finish higher than us, you can make that cheque out to a 'Mr. H. Redknapp', I'm sure he'll know what to do with it ... :winkold:

Â