Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And please cotton on to the fact ( ;-) ) than no one with the name Lennon, could ever be any good

Ahh Bicks,

The old predjudices are the best, of course this means he can never be a Starr :winkold:

Oh I dunno he could be a Freddie Starr :)

I'm happy with what we have, Lennon is very good at pushing the ball infront of himself then running really fast. At least our wingers have some technique to their play.

That's Walcott!

I don't know if it's because Glaston is here, we hate spurs or whatever but there is a little bias on here.

Lennon this season has been fantastic, very good dribbling with the ball, actually looks like he knows what he's doing, obviously so quick and also crossing has been pretty good.

He's improved so much compared to the shight he produced for so long.

Milner is better suited to CM than RW - apart from anything else he lacks enough pace and ability to beat players for RW.

You taking the piss? He's not the fastest but he's a tricky bastard.

James Milner - schools 100m champion. Why people think he is slow, I have no idea.

Football isn't about 100m's though is it?

Let's go off observation, how many times in a Villa shirt have you seen James Milner beat someone for sheer pace? Rarely, I bet he's more powerful once he get's going but not off the first couple yards. He isn't slow but he certainly isn't quick in the context of how footballers need their pace in most situations (first 2/5/10 yards)

Let's go off observation, how many times in a Villa shirt have you seen James Milner beat someone for sheer pace? Rarely, I bet he's more powerful once he get's going but not off the first couple yards. He isn't slow but he certainly isn't quick in the context of how footballers need their pace in most situations (first 2/5/10 yards)

He doesn't need to beat players with pace, he has the skill and delivery. Poor players need the pace.

And secondly, Glaston said he is slow, I came back with an argument as to why Jimmy IS NOT slow.

He doesn't need to beat players with pace, he has the skill and delivery. Poor players need the pace.

I don't think Milner is that great of a winger, comparing his performances on the wing, they were always "great efforts" and showed ability too but since he's got into central midfielder, to me he's shown himself a real footballer rather than just a "trier"

He went past his defence once or twice in a game but never that regularly and his crossing was decent but never spectacular, was just always a 7/10 player for us but now he's a 8/9 out of 10 player.

I also don't think poor players need pace. Henry, Messi, Ronaldo x2 all had pace, are they poor players?

Agbonlahor is someone I wouldn't describe as a poor player either.

I think we will have to agree to disagree. Beckham and Milner are very similar in their styles as a winger and I would rather have Beckham in his prime than Lennon. Thus Jimmy over Lennon too.

If I had to choose two Spuds players it would be Defoe and Modric, I think Lennon is an average winger who without pace would be Championship standard.

What is Milners best postion then? I said the other day that he's no way a CM player. This didn't go down well, but compared to Huddlestone the other night, it was a total no contest. And whilst Huddlestone is having a good season, he's not amongst the very elite CMs. I've seen Milner have some good moments from CM, but it was nothing he couldn't do from the right. He can't surely be your long term solution in the middle can he? I see him as more of a cross between Beckham and Giggs and should be played wide (more Giggs style, but Beckhams pace).

Milner in the middle will be a very very very good player the more he gets into the role. I am happy with him wide or in the middle but the reason I like him in the middle a little more is that he seems to be able to spot other players runs and movement ahead quicker than anybody else and he also is very good at getting into the box AND at tracking back and working in front of the defence.

As a winger his delivery is improving rapidly, his movement off the wing is fantastic too and he is very good at leaving players on their arse. he also tracks back brilliantly from that position.

Oh and I don't think we play a conventional 442 so I cannot really argue about positions, our formation is based on movement. (its very unique imho) I would say only the back 4 have set positions.

Milner's crossing ability isn't brilliant. In fact last season, It's hard to remember even 5 or more crosses which set up goals. or nearly did or even earlier in the season!

Joey, well it's hard when we didn't have the much of the ball but from the centre, he's still got something like 6 goals, 6 assists in 14 games or something like that which is a very good return from someone just moving into that formation.

He played wide against Liverpool and offered absolutely nothing against a very average full back in Insua. So much prefer him creating, scoring goals from inside which he's best at doing. His best attributes for me are his passing, creativity rather than any wing play.

Â