Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

After googling GlastonSpur, I found my new favourite thread of his.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/spurs-arsenal-fa-youth-cup-qf-238671/

:lol: Typifies him completely. Goes missing when it goes tits up. It seems it's not just us that think he's a joke!

You GOOGLED Glastonspur? :shock: :shock:

Nice (admittedly one-sided by that stage) banter though...

Marvellous stuff!!!!

The future's shite, the future's Tottenham.

Does this mean Glaston will go missing like he did for the first half of this season?

No doubt he'll be back when they put a few past Sunderland or Villa.

Hah! :lol:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Keane on £27 million my arse!

I assume that includes everything they earned from their playing career too. Being as Roy Keane spent the majority of his fairly long career as one of the highest earners at arguably the biggest club in the world, its not hard to believe he's worth that much.

He is not and never going to be a popular person around here - and that is a fact you are going to have to live with.

I dunno. If he came up as manager and made us play exciting, attacking football I think a number of us would bestow popularity upon him. Anything to relieve us from the sterile dirge that we are presently subjected to, surely.

Would that be before he plunges us into debt and leaves for Small Heath?

I'd also add that the treatment of his wife could have been avoided, and avoided by Harry. If he was angry that his wife had been dragged into a bad situation then that anger might have been better directed at the man in the mirror.

His home was raided by the police and an entourage of 'in the know' reporters at 6 a.m. when his wife was home alone, something that the police were well aware of.

The fact that Redknapp has not been charged with anything relating to that raid is neither here nor there, no way should his wife been have subjected to such treatment, and he was right to be upset, because any decent husband would have felt exactly the same.

So he cares about his family and plays attractive football. There's two plus points about Harry Redknapp, but then perhaps misplaced hatred makes people blind to everything.

You obviously don't know that Redknapp made Pompey big profits on several players sold by the club that he signed for them. For example:

Defoe (6m profit), Diarra (14.5m profit), Johnson (14m profit), Muntari (5.7m profit) ... that's 40m profit from these 4 players alone.

The financial troubles at Pompey have very little nothing to do Harry, who in any case didn't decide the club's budget or manage their finances.

All the above is true Glaston and no manager can ever be responsible (alone) for the financial situation at a club. He is though in part responsible especially when it comes to issues such as the contracts he deemed acceptable for players he signed like the rumoured wages paid to Utaka.

Given that Redknapp's honesty is currently in question and subject to legal proceedings I would say fresh doubts may be reasonable in relation to some of his decisions, for instance the large wages given to Bosman signing Hermann Hreidarsson.

Canny football boss Harry Redknapp and his wife made a £450,000 profit in 10 months by selling a luxury home to one of his new signings.

Portsmouth manager Harry, 59, and Sandra paid £2.4million for the five-bedroom seaside home, which has a swimming pool and cinema, in October 2006.

The mock-Tudor mansion, registered in Sandra's name, was then sold for £2.85million to Pompey's Icelandic defender Hermann Hreidarsson in August just after he signed from Charlton.

Yesterday local estate agent Robert Dunford said the 19 per cent profit in 10 months was extremely healthy. He added: "From October 2006 to the summer of 2007 I would say there was a rise of about eight per cent, an uplift of about £200,000 on a £2.4million property. So to make £450,000 over the same period is very good." Hermann's new home is in Branksome Park, Poole, Dorset, which is fast becoming a footballers' paradise.

Team-mates Pedro Mendes, Sylvan Distin and Sulley Muntari all have homes in the area.

Harry and Sandra live nearby in a £10million harbour-side mansion.

Sandra yesterday said she did not know much about the house sale, adding: "I really don't know, I leave all that sort of thing to Harry. But it is nobody's business."

Hermann's agent Olafur Gardarsson said: "He looked at many houses and bought this one weeks or months after he had signed for Portsmouth.

"It was more or less a coincidence the house belonged to Harry.

Here

So I think its fair to say he isn't responsible for the position Portsmouth find themselves in but to say there troubles have "very little to do with Harry" is also not quite accurate either.

If you want to know what Twitcher and Son are like, research;

a) The betting behind his proposed move to Newcastle (betting on him staying at Portsmouth once odds hit evens on him going)

B) Betting on him leaving Portsmouth for Southampton

c) Betting on the reverse

d) Betting on his move to Spuds

And for this see what information you can find on chunks of £1,000 being bet in betting shops in Bournemouth, Portsmouth plus Southampton (and Eastleigh).

You obviously don't know that Redknapp made Pompey big profits on several players sold by the club that he signed for them. For example:

Defoe (6m profit), Diarra (14.5m profit), Johnson (14m profit), Muntari (5.7m profit) ... that's 40m profit from these 4 players alone.

The financial troubles at Pompey have very little nothing to do Harry, who in any case didn't decide the club's budget or manage their finances.

I do believe the current form is

NR

All the above is true Glaston and no manager can ever be responsible (alone) for the financial situation at a club. He is though in part responsible especially when it comes to issues such as the contracts he deemed acceptable for players he signed like the rumoured wages paid to Utaka.

Given that Redknapp's honesty is currently in question and subject to legal proceedings I would say fresh doubts may be reasonable in relation to some of his decisions, for instance the large wages given to Bosman signing Hermann Hreidarsson.

Canny football boss Harry Redknapp and his wife made a £450,000 profit in 10 months by selling a luxury home to one of his new signings.

Portsmouth manager Harry, 59, and Sandra paid £2.4million for the five-bedroom seaside home, which has a swimming pool and cinema, in October 2006.

The mock-Tudor mansion, registered in Sandra's name, was then sold for £2.85million to Pompey's Icelandic defender Hermann Hreidarsson in August just after he signed from Charlton.

Yesterday local estate agent Robert Dunford said the 19 per cent profit in 10 months was extremely healthy. He added: "From October 2006 to the summer of 2007 I would say there was a rise of about eight per cent, an uplift of about £200,000 on a £2.4million property. So to make £450,000 over the same period is very good." Hermann's new home is in Branksome Park, Poole, Dorset, which is fast becoming a footballers' paradise.

Team-mates Pedro Mendes, Sylvan Distin and Sulley Muntari all have homes in the area.

Harry and Sandra live nearby in a £10million harbour-side mansion.

Sandra yesterday said she did not know much about the house sale, adding: "I really don't know, I leave all that sort of thing to Harry. But it is nobody's business."

Hermann's agent Olafur Gardarsson said: "He looked at many houses and bought this one weeks or months after he had signed for Portsmouth.

"It was more or less a coincidence the house belonged to Harry.

Here

So I think its fair to say he isn't responsible for the position Portsmouth find themselves in but to say there troubles have "very little to do with Harry" is also not quite accurate either.

So Harry makes a 19% profit on a house sale in 10 months during a property boom era. Plenty of people have done that, or better than that, depending on how much of a bargain price they paid for the property in the first place, but apparently in Harry's case it's a criminal offence.

Nor is it unusual pay a large wage to a player signed on a Bosman, first because there is no additional transfer expense (fee) involved and nor thus does the player get a cut of any transfer fee (because there is none) as they otherwise would do if they hadn't officially requested a transfer amd were still under contract.

You say "Redknapp's honesty is currently in question and subject to legal proceedings". But in fact he is only facing a charge concerning an alleged 40k in tax evasion - nothing to so with transfers or corruption.

40k is probably what he earns every 3 or 4 days, so the chances of his being concerned to dupe the taxman over such a paltry (for him) amount seem pretty low to me. And this is the best they could come up with following months of (politically-motivated) investigation.

I won't be surprised if the prosecution case collapses under the weight of it's own pompous bollocks.

How dare HM Custom and Excise take issue with an undeclared 6 figure payment! Don't they know who he is! Thats an insignificant amount to him so it should all be forgotten about!

Delusion

^^^^^^^^^

yet again

To use you own words

NR

or more appropriately

Pompous Bollocks

It's a pity that you don't have the slightest idea about discussion, marshalling an argument and presenting your case.

What have we learned from your "contribution"? Nothing except that you disagree, but not why or anything of interest. I'm not sure why you bother with such pointlessness really.

So Harry makes a 19% profit on a house sale in 10 months during a property boom era. Plenty of people have done that, or better than that, depending on how much of a bargain price they paid for the property in the first place, but apparently in Harry's case it's a criminal offence.

I didn't say it was a criminal offence, those are your words not mine. I simply said that some of his decisions such as the salaries he (I assume) agreed have contributed to the mess Portsmouth are in. That in light of recent events some of his past decisions are likely to be at least questioned especially in light of articles like the one I just posted, I have never said what he has done is a criminal act so do not put those words in my mouth thank you.

As for your claim that him making 19% in 10 months during a property boom isn't that unusual then I suggest you re-read the article and pay close attention to the comments relating to the market in that time.

Nor is it unusual pay a large wage to a player signed on a Bosman, first because there is no additional transfer expense (fee) involved and nor thus does the player get a cut of any transfer fee (because there is none) as they otherwise would do if they hadn't officially requested a transfer.

Thank you for that totally pointless explaination of the basics of a Bosman signing, oh on the subject of Bosman signings in case you didn't see my post the other week, Sol Campbell wasn't the first high profile example in the UK as you claimed but back to the case at hand...

You say "Redknapp's honesty is currently in question and subject to legal proceedings". But in fact he is only facing a charge concerning an alleged 40k in tax evasion - nothing to so with transfers or corruption.

Once again you are attempting to put words in my mouth, please stop trying to do this as it is clearly against the rules of the site and I personally don't take very kindly to it. I didn't say he was being investigated in relation to transfers or corruption, I said his honesty was in question as demonstrated by the current court proceedings. I don't require you to clarify what the case is about, I have developed an ability to read over the years in addition to the two ears attached to my head which enable me to listen to the radio and TV. Amazing really isn't it.

40k is probably what he earns every 3 or 4 days, so the chances of his being concerned to dupe the taxman over such a paltry (for him) amount seem pretty low to me. And this is the best they could come up with following months of (politically-motivated) investigation.

Well we will find out when and if it ends up in court won't we. I would say that £10k is a small amount to John Terry compared to his £120k a week wages and yet allegations were recently made in relation to this were they not? People do funny things. We will have to wait and see if the same is true of your manager when and if the case is concluded.

As for the case being politically motivated against Redknapp, that is an new one, an amusing one as well I might add. Is it perhaps some cunning way for Gordon Brown to deflect attention away from his running of the country????

I won't be surprised if the prosecution case collapses under the weight of it's own pompous bollocks.

No it doesn't surprise me that you hold that opinion after all, nobody connected with Spurs could ever have done wrong could they. I will stick with the 'I'll wait and see' stance thanks despite this amazing assesment and your various attempts to put words in my mouth.

How dare HM Custom and Excise take issue with an undeclared 6 figure payment! Don't they know who he is! Thats an insignificant amount to him so it should all be forgotten about!

If that was what I'd said, then I'd agree with you. But sadly for you I didn't say that it should be forgotten about.

Instead I said that the motivation for Harry to dupe the taxman of 40k is pretty hard to fathom when the guy is a multi-millionare and earns 40k every 3 or 4 days. In other words, I'm suggesting that the charge may a face-saving crock of shit to try and justify months of investigation, and I won't be surprised if Harry wins the case.

PS. 40k is 5 figures, not 6

Indeed it is, however this is perhaps your most pointless point in a long long line seeing as he didn't say that 40k was a 6 figure sum.

He said and I quote;

So to clarify he is saying the undeclared 6 figure payment, it was this payment that wasn't declared (or so the case accuses) and so no tax was paid on it ie the 40k.

If that was what I'd said, then I'd agree with you. But sadly for you I didn't say that it should be forgotten about.

Instead I said that the motivation for Harry to dupe the taxman of 40k is pretty hard to fathom when the guy is a multi-millionare and earns 40k every 3 or 4 days. In other words, I'm suggesting that the charge may a face-saving crock of shit to try and justify months of investigation, and I won't be surprised if Harry wins the case.

It's not that hard to fathom, some people are crooked and some ain't. Not everyone that shoplifts does it to put bread on the table. Some people do it because they are little shits. I would suggest Harry could fall into the 'little shit' category.

Ps, i said that it was a six figure payment (£180,850), that is six figures not 5. 40k is the amount of tax due, understand?

As for the need for him to conseal the money, it isn't hard to fathom - greed.

All the above is true Glaston

It's not though.

Glaston's figures are based on the meejia's gross figures. It does not take into account signing on fees, loyalty bonuses , structure of repayments, agent fees, sell on clauses (Diarra!), accrued wages (etc)

Take Michael Turner. He was reportedly sold for 7 million, yet Hull only received 2.5 million net.

I doubt the final profit on these 4 transfers would be anywhere near 40 million net.

All the above is true Glaston

It's not though.

Glaston's figures are based on the meejia's gross figures. It does not take into account signing on fees, loyalty bonuses , structure of repayments, agent fees, sell on clauses (Diarra!), accrued wages (etc)

Take Michael Turner. He was reportedly sold for 7 million, yet Hull only received 2.5 million net.

I doubt the final profit on these 4 transfers would be anywhere near 40 million net.

I'm sure the agents fees in any of Harry's transfers wouldn't have been too high, I'd imagine he would only deal with the most honest and respectful of gentlemen, knowing his role as the protector of young children's ears and the one last crusador against the vindictive taxman.

Â