Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem with Glaston is he doesn't have an ounce of humility in him, or the ability to see any fault with Spurs.

Maybe he does privately and keeps up the company line on here or something but he's such a frustrating poster and when spurs do have a bad result he's nowhere to be seen, therefore he has nothing but positivity to post.

I'd almost think he was a Spurs spin doctor the way he goes on.

The problem with some VTers is that they insist on personalising issues, rather than actually discussing football.

I never hurl personal abuse at anyone, nor seek to single out individual posters for attack.

And many posters only see what they wish to see. For example, you say that I never see any fault with Spurs .. yet in the last fews days alone I've posted at least 3 examples of transfer failings made by the club.

You also say that I don't post when Spurs lose. But again many times I have done, and many times I've not posted when Spurs win. But some on here seem to expect a running commentary from me on every Spurs game. That's not going to happen.

I've said the above several times, with many specific examples, but it won't stop the same tired old and tedious nonsense being repeated over and over.

The problem with most of the criticism of Spurs on here is that it is just so obviously weak. For example:

* Defoe is mediocre, or worse

* Bale is shite

* Young or Milner should go the WC ahead of Lennon

* Spurs generally make bad signings

* Spurs have no chance of finishing 4th

* Young players are generally wasted at Spurs and never develop.

etc etc etc.

Anyhow, in a probably futile attempt to improve the footballing content of discussions, FROM NOW ON I SHALL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY COMMENT OR QUESTION ABOUT ME PERSONALLY, whilst remaining happy to discuss anything football-related.

* Bale is shite

Seems a reasonable summary. :winkold: 8)

I bet Milner is ahead of Lennon in the pecking order for the England squad.

I'd say you have no chance of finishing 4th, want to make a bet about it, winner leaves VT forever?

Winner?

:wave:

I'd say you have no chance of finishing 4th, want to make a bet about it, winner leaves VT forever?

I notice you don't propose this bet about Villa finishing 4th.

As for Spurs, I've predicted 5th place for them, with a chance for 4th.

You also say that I don't post when Spurs lose. But again many times I have done, and many times I've not posted when Spurs win. But some on here seem to expect a running commentary from me on every Spurs game. That's not going to happen.

Don't try and reinvent the past. You were very vocal on here last summer about Spurs chances and then when your season went up in smoke you vanished. You didn't simply post less your totally vanished for quite some time only to reappear when Redknapp turned your season around.

Nobody expects you or anyone else especially opposition fans to post on here after every game but don't try and make out that your posting on here isn't related to the general fortunes of your side. Such a claim simply won't wash with those who have been around long enough to remember just how long you vanished for last season.

The problem with most of the criticism of Spurs on here is that it is just so obviously weak. For example:

* Bale is shite

Actually what the problem is here is that this isn't a Spurs forum. As a result people will hold rather more negative opinions of Spurs and their players than Spurs fans. That in part will be due to the fact they don't watch the players as much as Spurs fans and also in part as they have more objective view points, both occur and both are to be expected on a site that isn't a Spurs site.

Why any of this surprises you is really beyond me and I'm sure its the same on many of the other sites you appear to use and I'm sure the same in reverse on Spurs sites.

You may not like it, you may not agree with it but some on here will think Defoe is over rated, they will think Bale is shit, they will think Villa players have more chance of going to the World Cup than Spurs players and they may think you have no chance of 4th and are the grave yard of young players.

The reason for all of the above is that this is a Villa site, peoples opinions as such are bound to be some extent tinted by their support of Villa. You seem to fail to comprehend this or that exactly the same is true of you but in reverse, the sooner you realise and accept this the better instead of constantly trying to change peoples views.

You aren't going to succeed in making people on a Villa site view things through the eyes of a Spurs fan so you really should stop trying you might enjoy the site more and find people are far more willing to listen to what you have to say.

Yea, winner.

If Spurs finish 4th, I'll leave forever.

If Spurs don't finish 4th, Glaston leaves forever.

Seems fair enough, I'm that confident they won't finish 4th.

But if Spurs finish 4th, then Glaston is the winner. Surely you meant the loser leaves forever?

Btw I'm all for your bet, because you'll definitely win. I just wanted to confirm it was Glaston who'd be leaving!

Yea, winner.

Is Glaston confident we'll finsh 4th? Has he ever said as much? A supporter saying he thinks his team can finish in the top 4, doesn't mean he's confident they will. I think Spurs will finsh 6th and Villa 7th, but I couldn't say that with a great deal condfidence, it's just what I'd predict if put on the spot.

I notice you don't propose this bet about Villa finishing 4th.

As for Spurs, I've predicted 5th place for them, with a chance for 4th.

You just objected to people saying you have no chance of finishing 4th.

I'm one of those, you have NO CHANCE and I'm willing to bet you.

* Bale is shite

Seems a reasonable summary. :winkold: 8)

**** me that is spot on.

Yea, winner.

Is Glaston confident we'll finsh 4th? Has he ever said as much? A supporter saying he thinks his team can finish in the top 4, doesn't mean he's confident they will. I think Spurs will finsh 6th and Villa 7th, but I couldn't say that with a great deal condfidence, it's just what I'd predict if put on the spot.

are you in bed with Glaston or something?.the fella can speak for himself im sure.dont pick on my Glaston you bunch of bitches!!..

He is just a toadier version of Daniel Levy. Glaston i'll ask you again. Did you or did you not get villa fans (who post on this site) banned from a spurs site? We already know the answer but just have the cojones to admit it.

Anyone who has been thrown off a Spurs site has done it themselves by seeking to:

(a) sneak in under false pretences, with false motives and intentions.

(B) join a site that didn't want them, despite knowing the policy of that site

I post here without seeking to tell lies about my allegiance, without seeking to break site policy and with a genuine interest in discussing football with rival fans.

The ones who lack "cojones" are those who lack the guts to be open and honest.

Moreover, I hear that at least one Villa fan temporarily gained access and posted a torrent of racist abuse before being thrown out. I don't know who that was, but I'm sure the Villa fan concerned does.

jeremy.jpg

I will ask you again, did you get Villa supporters from this forum banned from a Tottenham forum?

Glaston, I think you missed the above question for the billionth time.

... You just objected to people saying you have no chance of finishing 4th.

Patently Spurs do have a chance - the league table says so quite apart from anything else.

You might not think that Spurs will be able to take that chance, but that's a different issue. If you can't see the difference then sorry, I can't help you.

In any case, why should I take your bet on Spurs finishing 4th, when (a) I've predicted 5th place for Spurs; and (B) you are NOT willing to accept the same bet with regard to Villa?

Glaston, I think you missed the above question for the billionth time.

As I said above, FROM NOW ON I SHALL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY COMMENT OR QUESTION ABOUT ME PERSONALLY.

Let's give this policy a short-hand: Not Relevant or NR for short.

I shall occasionally repeat this 'NR' as appropriate, until either boredom sets in or postees decide they actually want to talk about football. It's your choice.

... You just objected to people saying you have no chance of finishing 4th.

Patently Spurs do have a chance - the league table says so quite apart from anything else.

You might not think that Spurs will be able to take that chance, but that's a different issue. If you can't see the difference then sorry, I can't help you.

In any case, why should I take your bet on Spurs finishing 4th, when (a) I've predicted 5th place for Spurs; and (B) you are NOT willing to accept the same bet with regard to Villa?

Blues 'have a chance' too. Liverpool 'have a chance' of winning the league title. But that's when knowledge comes in and you realise both have no chance when you take everything into account, same with Spurs, they have no chance of getting 4th.

I'm not the one objecting to people saying Villa have no chance of getting 4th.

Â