Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

To be honest I noticed the long ball against Leeds and felt they played it more than us! What does piss me off is the fact that referees are lenient on Crouch but everytime Carew jumps, they blow up, there was one moment where Dawson attempted a WWE move rather than head the ball but we get nothing! But as someone stated not at our best and they still couldn't beat us!

They have played this way for a while. Every time they are on the box i notice it especially vs Citeh and Fulham recently

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you all being so false? Would it kill you to show a bit of humility and say on the day we were the better side and played the better football? We do play long balls to Crouch, but that is just part of our game and a highlight reel of the chances we created would demonstrate that we play plenty of good football on the ground. The trouble yesterday was that you play do deep, it's difficult to fin space in the final third, so the longer ball to Crouch was always going to be a viable option for us. But overall I thought you deserved your point as you defended very well.

You all seem to have a real issue with SPurs for some reason, but judging by this thread it's Villa fans that need to be looking at themselves, rather than criticising supporters of other clubs. But I suppose it isn't really fair to crticise Villa fans, as you are just a group of random people who happen to support Villa and aren't representative of all Villa fans. But honestly, and I genuinely think I'm being objective and not biased (though I'm sure you'll disagree) but you largelly come across as petty and vindictive, especially in your posts repsonding to Glaston. The guy is always polite and doesn't seem to try and offend, yet you lot seem to want to have a go at him and Spurs fans in general, as if you have chip on your shoulders about something. I don't understand why it is, as I don't know of any bad blood between Villa and Spurs over the years. It seems to be a recent issue that Villa fans have with Spurs and seems to be largelly of your own making.

Anyway, I think the reason we had the better of the game was largelly because you are so poor in CM. Petrov didn't offer much and Milner is about a much a CM as Huddlestone is a flying winger. I know he's had some good moments playing from CM, but it's largelly been stuff he does as well and more of when he plays wide. He could probably play in the middle in the way Gerard does for Liverpool, but I can't see it as a long term solution for you in a 442. I'd revert him back to the right and just accept you have strength in depth in wide areas, rather than try and accomodate all 3 of Downing, Young and Milner. I think you need a striker and 2 quality CM's in the summer and then the sky is the limit for you lot, as your very hard to break down. With a bit more quality in key areas (ie CM and up front) I can't see much difference between you and Arsenal.

I can't see much difference between you and Arsenal.

How so? In the way that we have both been massively superior to our local rivals for as long as anybody cares to remember? :flag:

Why are you all being so false? Would it kill you to show a bit of humility and say on the day we were the better side and played the better football? We do play long balls to Crouch, but that is just part of our game and a highlight reel of the chances we created would demonstrate that we play plenty of good football on the ground. The trouble yesterday was that you play do deep, it's difficult to fin space in the final third, so the longer ball to Crouch was always going to be a viable option for us. But overall I thought you deserved your point as you defended very well.

You all seem to have a real issue with SPurs for some reason, but judging by this thread it's Villa fans that need to be looking at themselves, rather than criticising supporters of other clubs. But I suppose it isn't really fair to crticise Villa fans, as you are just a group of random people who happen to support Villa and aren't representative of all Villa fans. But honestly, and I genuinely think I'm being objective and not biased (though I'm sure you'll disagree) but you largelly come across as petty and vindictive, especially in your posts repsonding to Glaston. The guy is always polite and doesn't seem to try and offend, yet you lot seem to want to have a go at him and Spurs fans in general, as if you have chip on your shoulders about something. I don't understand why it is, as I don't know of any bad blood between Villa and Spurs over the years. It seems to be a recent issue that Villa fans have with Spurs and seems to be largelly of your own making.

Anyway, I think the reason we had the better of the game was largelly because you are so poor in CM. Petrov didn't offer much and Milner is about a much a CM as Huddlestone is a flying winger. I know he's had some good moments playing from CM, but it's largelly been stuff he does as well and more of when he plays wide. He could probably play in the middle in the way Gerard does for Liverpool, but I can't see it as a long term solution for you in a 442. I'd revert him back to the right and just accept you have strength in depth in wide areas, rather than try and accomodate all 3 of Downing, Young and Milner. I think you need a striker and 2 quality CM's in the summer and then the sky is the limit for you lot, as your very hard to break down. With a bit more quality in key areas (ie CM and up front) I can't see much difference between you and Arsenal.

id agree that spurs where the better side,we didnt show up at all,i think we played better with Heskey well just about.we done what we do best when Carew is in our team.we hoofed the **** ball for the whole of the game..as the home side id expect yous to come at us a fair bit,i think in the second half we played very poor.over all i think it was a fairly poor game all over though..as for Glaston,i think its his pure smugness that pisses people of,and when Spurs are doing shit he for some reason doesnt come around here..

Joey, you haven't been here long enough to understand the abuse Glaston gets! This was the guy who used to give it the big I am, constantly on about Ramos but then disappeared! If your going to dish it then stick around for some in return! As for the game, yes you played better but you never won, but what irritates me is in every Spurs blog I've read it was Villa's fault you never won! As for your inept comment on Milner, just read the comments by Capello on Milner and by your comments you must also think he's a fool!

It seems to be a recent issue that Villa fans have with Spurs and seems to be largelly of your own making.

That last bit is a joke right?

The reason most other supporters (believe me, it's not just Villa fans that hate you) hate your lot is down to your deluded fan base and corrupt gobshite manager, it's got nothing to do with our "own making".

Either way, if you or your Spudz mucker that post on here don't like it, you can always jog on back to your own site with your own deluded fans.

It seems to be a recent issue that Villa fans have with Spurs and seems to be largelly of your own making.

That last bit is a joke right?

The reason most other supporters (believe me, it's not just Villa fans that hate you) hate your lot is down to your deluded fan base and corrupt gobshite manager, it's got nothing to do with our "own making".

Either way, if you or your Spudz mucker that post on here don't like it, you can always jog on back to your own site with your own deluded fans.

When I say you own making, I mean it's down to you lot unnecessarily taking issue with things. There has never been any real bad blood between Villa and Spurs. If you read through this thread you'll find loads of examples of Villa fans making somehting out of nothing to do with a Spurs or Redknapp related issue. Little things get blown out of all propriton and you then fuel each others illogical hatred. And the media bias rubbish and these constant accussations of delusion which can be aimed at most fans. Some of the shit posted regarded comments Harry had made is ridiculous. I really believe that if you read through all the exchanges in this thread and Spurs related comments, with the benefit of hindsight you'll be shocked at that absurdity of a lot of it.

And to be fair neither myself or Glaston (as far as I know) have ever responded to another poster in the way you just have. We are always polite and try and keep the chat friendly.

I think the problem with Glaston is he doesn't have an ounce of humility in him, or the ability to see any fault with Spurs.

Maybe he does privately and keeps up the company line on here or something but he's such a frustrating poster and when spurs do have a bad result he's nowhere to be seen, therefore he has nothing but positivity to post.

I'd almost think he was a Spurs spin doctor the way he goes on.

... It seems to be a recent issue that Villa fans have with Spurs and seems to be largelly of your own making.

joey, you only have to look at the longevity of this thread to realise that the anti-Spurs thing is something of an obsession on here for a few VTers. The mods might as well make it a sticky-thread ... because it's always on page 1.

Even when I've not posted on here for a longish-while, I know without even looking which thread will be near (or at) the top of the page.

Can you imagine a similiar, never-ending thread about Villa on a Spurs site? No way jose.

It wouldn't be so sad, except that probably about half the posts are not about football at all, but rather concern various forms of personal abuse, many of them directed against Harry and most of these concerning his post-car accident facial appearance.

Oh well ....

I think the problem with Glaston is he doesn't have an ounce of humility in him, or the ability to see any fault with Spurs.

Maybe he does privately and keeps up the company line on here or something but he's such a frustrating poster and when spurs do have a bad result he's nowhere to be seen, therefore he has nothing but positivity to post.

This. As I've said before, the Spurs manager could take a small child into the middle of the pitch, rape it, then decapitate it and eat its brains; and Glaston would still be on here saying it was a great decision and the sensible thing to do. Until that manager was sacked, of course. Then THAT would have been the right decision and whoever they'd hired would be the next best thing. Spurs can do no wrong.

... It seems to be a recent issue that Villa fans have with Spurs and seems to be largelly of your own making.

joey, you only have to look at the longevity of this thread to realise that the anti-Spurs thing is something of an obsession on here for a few VTers. The mods might as well make it a sticky-thread ... because it's always on page 1.

Even when I've not posted on here for a longish-while, I know without even looking which thread will be near (or at) the top of the page.

Can you imagine a similiar, never-ending thread about Villa on a Spurs site? No way jose.

It wouldn't be so sad, except that probably about half the posts are not about football at all, but rather concern various forms of personal abuse, many of them directed against Harry and most of these concerning his post-car accident facial appearance.

Oh well ....

No because i doubt spurs sites have sad Villa fans with to much time on there hands lording themselfs up all the time to detriment to the club the website is for.

this for me,well said.

When I say you own making, I mean it's down to you lot unnecessarily taking issue with things. There has never been any real bad blood between Villa and Spurs. If you read through this thread you'll find loads of examples of Villa fans making somehting out of nothing to do with a Spurs or Redknapp related issue. Little things get blown out of all propriton and you then fuel each others illogical hatred. And the media bias rubbish and these constant accussations of delusion which can be aimed at most fans. Some of the shit posted regarded comments Harry had made is ridiculous. I really believe that if you read through all the exchanges in this thread and Spurs related comments, with the benefit of hindsight you'll be shocked at that absurdity of a lot of it.

And to be fair neither myself or Glaston (as far as I know) have ever responded to another poster in the way you just have. We are always polite and try and keep the chat friendly.

If you read the title of this thread, it tells you it's a hatefest for your club and your manager, nothing more, nothing less, if you don't want to read what we post about them, then don't look, easy eh!

Glaston sets himself up for the abuse he gets, I'm not going to get personal about the fella, but I just don't like the way he posts stuff on here, snidey smarmy and smart arsed comments will gain him no friends anywhere.

If you think I'm being a tad unreasonable, then just google his name and you'll find other fans forums he frequents when Spurs are playing well, and he's considered nothing more than an irritating unfunny joke.

Do you think it's acceptable that you're able to join our site and post on our site, yet we're not allowed to join yours?

A few of our VT members were kicked off that site for being Villa fans, and we're still waiting for confirmation from your friend whether he grassed them up or not. (He's been asked lord knows how many times, but still hasn't answered us)

If you read the title of this thread, it tells you it's a hatefest for your club and your manager, nothing more, nothing less, if you don't want to read what we post about them, then don't look, easy eh!

Glaston sets himself up for the abuse he gets, I'm not going to get personal about the fella, but I just don't like the way he posts stuff on here, snidey smarmy and smart arsed comments will gain him no friends anywhere.

If you think I'm being a tad unreasonable, then just google his name and you'll find other fans forums he frequents when Spurs are playing well, and he's considered nothing more than an irritating unfunny joke.

Do you think it's acceptable that you're able to join our site and post on our site, yet we're not allowed to join yours?

A few of our VT members were kicked off that site for being Villa fans, and we're still waiting for confirmation from your friend whether he grassed them up or not. (He's been asked lord knows how many times, but still hasn't answered us)

You could join any number of Spurs sites. And describing it as "yours" and "ours" is part of the problem. The people who run COYS just happen to be Spurs fans. The fact they are Spurs fans isn't the problem. The problem is they are a bit anal. They'd be the same no matter what club they supported. I've posted in this very thread about those who run COYS before. It's an odd site. But it's the personallity types of those who run/own it that are the problem, not the club they support. Join SpursCommunity, GloryGlory, Spursweb, SPurs Oddyesy etc. It's not as if a memo is sent out from WHL briefing all Spurs fans that they shouldn't let fans of other clubs join their forums.

As for Glaston, the same criticsims come up time and time against him. Yet find a post from this very thread that he's made which has been deserving of such criticsim. And if you do, see if there are not at least a couple of Villa fans who had not already posted in a far more antagonistic manner, which provoked him into making the bad post in the first place. Isn't he just a typical fan in that he's passionate wbout the club he supports and is therefore biased about it's mangers and players etc? I honestly haven't seen him make any posts that the deserve the shit he gets on here. Yet every time someone (often Villa fans) ask for him to be cut some slack, a number of other posters come along with the same criticisms you've just brought up. Yet none of you ever mention the context in which he's posted or any provocation he might have recieved before hand. You act innocently as if he's just come along to provoke and antagonise, yet I genuinley can't see any real evidence of this.

Â