Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, your point of Lennon being the best winger in the league, bar none - can you back this up with evidence and/or reasoned argument?
I don't think he can besides Lennon having a half-decent season after a few mediocre ones. It's pure arse.

... Why would I even attempt to marshall an argument with someone who's idea of a discussion is

1) I am right

2) Tottenham are correct and virtuous in everything they do

When I make a point, I usually support it with evidence and/or reasoned argument.

Your idea of response (or making a comment), apart from hurling abuse, seems to be mere assertion - "you are wrong, Spurs are crap etc", with no rhyme or reason involved.

Therein lies the difference. If you can't see it, and if you can't see why your approach is without point or interest, then I guess that's just the way things are.

pretentious claptrap and twaddle (not to mention inaccurate), not that anyone expects anything else from you

The thread title is hatefest, if you can't live with that then toddle along to your private spurs only wankfest where your ludicrous views will be swooned over by your adoring public

I have been and will continue to be open and honest, when I see you posting I'll "hurl abuse" not to mention vitriol (look it up) until such time as you begin to understand what this thread is about

Ok, your point of Lennon being the best winger in the league, bar none - can you back this up with evidence and/or reasoned argument?

I believe I said the best right winger in the Prem (or if I didn't that's what I meant since he is mainly right-footed even if he sometimes switches to the left).

The evidence comes mainly from just seeing him play in comparison to others. Defences are more scared of him down the right than any other player, because no-one else can go past defenders as easily as he does and no-one panics defences as much he does. If you look at opposition message boards just before they play Spurs, usually the main worry they have is Lennon, or else relief if he is not fit to play.

His combination of blinding pace, devasting acceleration, change of direction on a sixpence, trickery and close ball-control at speed makes him mostly unstoppable except by conceding a corner (if the defender manages to get that close to him) or fouling (which of course comes at the expense of free-kicks in usually dangerous areas). According to ESPN's stats, he has been fouled 46 times in 20 appearances, whilst committing just 6 fouls himself.

His crossing ability has improved a lot (10 assists this season, in just 19 games started and 1 sub appearance) and he also does his fair share of tracking back and defensive duties. He also rarely loses the ball or gives it away from a bad pass.

I don't see any right winger who is as good in the Prem, far less better.

Lennon has been in good form for about a season now, his good form started about this time last year. Not to sure on his assist stats, reckon they will be quite good, one of our 'off form wingers' has also got great stats, he just don't look as specular as Lennon.

Against us this season, Bentley was more affective, hitting long balls in, rather than Lennon's way of trying to take on the full back and get to the byline or attack the edge of the box. Guess its all about opinions though.

... when I see you posting I'll "hurl abuse" not to mention vitriol (look it up) until such time as you begin to understand what this thread is about

I see. What a surprise.

If this thread, as far as you are concerned, is all about hurling abuse and vitriol, then frankly I feel sorry for you.

TBH glaston is just defending his club from the constant abuse that they get on here, ye i agree that Redknapp is a clearing in the woods but if anyone on here went onto another forum and saw 100 pages calling MON a word removed and constantly moaning about the way that we play, we would do the same as glaston

I believe I said the best right winger in the Prem (or if I didn't that's what I meant since he is mainly right-footed even if he sometimes switches to the left).

The evidence comes mainly from just seeing him play in comparison to others. Defences are more scared of him down the right than any other player, because no-one else can go past defenders as easily as he does and no-one panics defences as much he does. If you look at opposition message boards just before they play Spurs, usually the main worry they have is Lennon, or else relief if he is not fit to play.

His combination of blinding pace, devasting acceleration, change of direction on a sixpence, trickery and close ball-control at speed makes him mostly unstoppable except by conceding a corner (if the defender manages to get that close to him) or fouling (which of course comes at the expense of free-kicks in usually dangerous areas). According to ESPN's stats, he has been fouled 46 times in 20 appearances, whilst committing just 6 fouls himself.

His crossing ability has improved a lot (10 assists this season, in just 19 games started and 1 sub appearance) and he also does his fair share of tracking back and defensive duties. He also rarely loses the ball or gives it away from a bad pass.

I don't see any right winger who is as good in the Prem, far less better.

We've got three better right wingers than Lennon in our first team, they play every week

We've got three better right wingers than Lennon in our first team, they play every week

Mere assertion does not make it so. You've provided no argument.

Milner is better suited to CM than RW - apart from anything else he lacks enough pace and ability to beat players for RW.

Downing plays in LM/LW. Young is not as good as VTers crack him up to be. I've seen plenty of defenders keep him quiet, but rarely is Lennon stopped by anyone.

Hoist by your own petard, the only person sayiomg Lennon is better is you and you're opinion about your fantasy partner is therefore invalid

incedentally, do you have wet dreams about Lennon?

Genuine actual question

Milner is better suited to CM than RW - apart from anything else he lacks enough pace and ability to beat players for RW.

Downing plays in LM/LW. Young is not as good as VTers crack him up to be. I've seen plenty of defenders keep him quiet, but rarely is Lennon stopped by anyone.

Thats the point, neither have you, you just think you have, thats the idiocy of your fallacious delusion

Â