Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

I'm on a high calorie diet to put on some weight after being ill. I just eat 700 calories for breakfast, which has got to be a first for me. Whole milk is where it is at.

Bloody hell, I dont regularly eat breakfast. But the odd Saturday I will go for a full English and that is way over 700 calories..bacon, sausage, egg, hash browns, beans, toast.. easy... I'm guessing that you are really skinny (even before illness)

I'm a skinny bastard at the moment. I've always been slender, but with 'wirey strength' as I like to call it, but I seem to have lost almost all my muscle and developed a small appetite. For a good 6 months my breakfasts were around 200 calories. I don't really have the 'odd fryup', once in a blue moon, at the weekends I regularly skip breakfast. I tend to get most of my calories from one main meal a day, but that isn't enough to make up the deficit of the light lunches and breakfasts I have. I generally only drink water, unlike many other people who drink some calories too. 

I've been feeling tired for a long time and thought it was because I was working hard (which I do), but when I looked at my diet, I realised that most people would lose a lot of weight eating as I was. I'm not eating enough. It hasn't helped that my misses has been on a diet to lose a bit of weight (which she has done successfully eating more than I do!), so I've sometimes been eating low calorie crap. 

So it's time to man up and eat like a fatty for a short while, and debunk the myth that I have a 'fast metabolism'. Then start training again...

Was in fat bastard mode today.. So went for Chinese takeaway...

Salt and chilli ribs (to share)

Special fried rice with BBQ sauce (to share)

Mongolian chicken

And given free prawn crackers and chicken wings..

Left overs for lunch tomorrow...nom nom

I'm on a high calorie diet to put on some weight after being ill. I just eat 700 calories for breakfast, which has got to be a first for me. Whole milk is where it is at.

Bloody hell, I dont regularly eat breakfast. But the odd Saturday I will go for a full English and that is way over 700 calories..bacon, sausage, egg, hash browns, beans, toast.. easy... I'm guessing that you are really skinny (even before illness)

I'm a skinny bastard at the moment. I've always been slender, but with 'wirey strength' as I like to call it, but I seem to have lost almost all my muscle and developed a small appetite. For a good 6 months my breakfasts were around 200 calories. I don't really have the 'odd fryup', once in a blue moon, at the weekends I regularly skip breakfast. I tend to get most of my calories from one main meal a day, but that isn't enough to make up the deficit of the light lunches and breakfasts I have. I generally only drink water, unlike many other people who drink some calories too. 

I've been feeling tired for a long time and thought it was because I was working hard (which I do), but when I looked at my diet, I realised that most people would lose a lot of weight eating as I was. I'm not eating enough. It hasn't helped that my misses has been on a diet to lose a bit of weight (which she has done successfully eating more than I do!), so I've sometimes been eating low calorie crap. 

So it's time to man up and eat like a fatty for a short while, and debunk the myth that I have a 'fast metabolism'. Then start training again...

You won't have a fast metabolism, if anything you'll have a slow one. You're only fuelling yourself once or twice a day which means your body will retain as many 'nutrients' as it can for as long as it can because it's never really sure when it's getting its next meal. What will it be hording most of all? Fat. Your body uses carbohydrates for walking and talking and keeping your heart beating and what not. It stores the fat because that's it's back up for when you run out of carbs. Then you burn it and you're left with the wirey fella you see before you today. If you start eating fatty breakfasts, fatty lunches and drinking fatty drinks you'll get, well, fat and you'll be just as unhappy and tired as you are now. 

You can change your metabolism. You need carbs and protein and the gym, not fat. Especially not saturated fats. Unfortunately that means boring breakfasts like Porridge and yogurt and scrambled eggs. Eat a big, healthy breakfast and by 10am you'll be hungry again. A light snack is fine to tide you over till lunch and you've started the cycle. It takes a week, not months or years to reset your metabolism to normal and if you're keeping fit at the same time you'll put healthy weight on as quick as you like. Water is just fine, you'll get no joy from carbonated drinks. 

I used to be you for what it's worth. I eat 5 or 6 times a day but rarely more than 500-600 calories at a time. I'm no angel, I'm partial to a fry up and the odd curry once or twice a week but other than that, I know I'm healthy. Yes it's a chore at times, but you only get one body. Look after it. 

• Like 1

DDID speaketh the truth.

Eat carbs and protein, and lots of them.

Fat doesn't make you put on weight. Calories do. You could eat a zero fat diet and still put on weight. SImilarly you could eat a 90% fat diet and still lose weight (you just wouldn't be eating very much)

• 2 weeks later...

So just been to Flavourz in Langley(the old wing wah, or even older hen and chickens)...

It's a highway to a heart attack but really nice...

I've had..

Crispy duck pancakes

Yuk sung

Chicken tikka

Sheekh kebabs

Chicken wings (in some sauce)

Egg fried rice

Butter chicken

Chicken satay

Chinese chicken curry

Then some random deserts and ice cream

There were also pizzas,chilli con carni, tepinyaki, salads, chips etc..

I now can't move... But well worth it

So just been to Flavourz in Langley(the old wing wah, or even older hen and chickens)...

It's a highway to a heart attack but really nice...

I've had..

Crispy duck pancakes

Yuk sung

Chicken tikka

Sheekh kebabs

Chicken wings (in some sauce)

Egg fried rice

Butter chicken

Chicken satay

Chinese chicken curry

Then some random deserts and ice cream

There were also pizzas,chilli con carni, tepinyaki, salads, chips etc..

I now can't move... But well worth it

The world in one buffet.

Did anyone see the Horsemeat programme on BBC3 last night? It was terrible, apart from one interesting part. They took the usual friday night takeaway foods away to test the meat, to find out what exactly it was. Lamb kebab was just lamb. Beefburgers had pork and beef in them, just the bits and bobs, as you would expect. Hot dogs were made of just blood. Yummy blood! Then there was the Lamb in Black Bean Sauce from a chinese. The results came back with no lamb content at all. Nor beef. Nor chicken, horse, or goat. In fact, they could not identify what it was. I guess the old adage about chinese takeaway's having cats and dogs in the freezer may be true after all :puke:

I've just had a chicken supernoodle sandwich

I once got very drunk and also engaged in activities that led to me getting a severe case of the munchies.  I made, and rapidly consumed, many slices of chicken super noodles and cheese on toast, thinking it would be the best thing ever.  It was probably less disgusting when it came back up.  I won't be eating that shit again.

Years ago Jamie Oliver made a late night snack which involved making pasta and sauce and hollowing out half a loaf and sticking it all in there, with loads of cheese. That shit is tasty.

Edited by AVFC_Hitz

Â