Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

Ooh, spring onion snob.gif.  It's a bloody scallion :):P

I thought that the British called them spring onions, and the Americans scallions (as so often, the original British term) ? 

The Irish get the casting vote, I guess. 

We do call it scallions. When I'm in this thread I try to go with the flow because I'm out numbered. A very good example is the wonderful debate on the pronunciation of "jaguar" (jag-waaar). I lose every time. 
This is genuinely the first time I've come across the word Scallions. I prefer it to spring onion. That's a particularly gay vegetable name
  • Like 1

Fried Egg Sandwiches are the work of the devil. 

Fried egg on toast, or even bread is absolutely fine. But once you put a lid on it then it inexplicably becomes disgusting.

I am very particular when it comes to eggs though, I like to be able to review an egg's state before every mouthfull.

Had some curry (Tikka Masala tbf) left over from Friday, so bought some hot dogs and some finger rolls on Sat'day and had ~Special Edition Curry Dogs~ for lunch. Proper tidy.

Edited by hogso

Fried egg on toast, or even bread is absolutely fine. But once you put a lid on it then it inexplicably becomes disgusting.

Yeah ... I'm gonna say that's a problem with the loony doing the eating :P
  • Like 1

I have to raise an objection there. Poached eggs are best on a bit of wheaten bread with some ground black pepper topping it off.

I certaily wouldn't turn that down.

But th epoached egg sandwich was given to me on a morning after a stag do, and I was taken aback by how delicious it was. So that combination has stuck

Can't agree with any bread for toast except white.

And I wouldn't put pepper (especially black pepper) anywhere near an egg. Too strong a flavour, overwhelms the taste of the egg. Salt is essential, though.

I each poached eggs regularly. Will probably do so this evening, in fact.

Edited by mjmooney

Black pepper on an egg is a no-no. But white pepper for me is essential and egg doesn't belong in a 'crap food' thread anyway :) It's one of the best things you can eat!

I can't poach an egg without it ending up looking like the aftermath of a heavy masturbation session in the bath.

Otherwise I'd eat poached eggs all the time, because they're lovely.

But not in a sandwich.

• Like 1

I can't poach an egg without it ending up looking like the aftermath of a heavy masturbation session in the bath.

Otherwise I'd eat poached eggs all the time, because they're lovely.

But not in a sandwich.

Stir the water rapidly prior to cracking the egg, then crack it into the centre if the "whirlpool" it's stops the white spreading...

Agreed couldn't have poached in a sandwich

• Like 1

Â