Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

Of course, any relation between Chinese (even Cantonese) cuisine and American Chinese cuisine is somewhat coincidental. Consider General Tso's chicken:

General Tso's chicken (sometimes Governor Tso's chicken, General Gau's chicken, General Tao's chicken, General Tsao's chicken, General Tong's chicken, General Tang's chicken, General Cho's chicken, General Chau's chicken, or simply General's Chicken) is a sweet, slightly spicy, deep-fried chicken dish that is popularly served in North American Chinese restaurants. The dish was unknown in China and other lands home to the Chinese diaspora before it was introduced by chefs returning from the United States.

The analogue in the UK would of course be found in Indian cuisine, in the form of chicken tikka masala, which is most likely an invention of the Indian diaspora in Britain.

A similar thing has happened with [southern] Italian cuisine, where a variant altered to suit the tastes of those outside the community comes to define it. Although pizza is a descendant of a few Italian dishes, its canonical forms are more or less completely American; demand from American tourists in Italy for authentic pizza led to pizzerias opening. Later, American entrepreneurs cloned these Italian pizzerias to build franchise chains serving a more authentic pizza! (Pizza is basically an early-20th century New York or New Haven invention)

And America is a tax dodging British invention. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sutton Coldfield famers market.....2nd Friday every month. Fowlers cheese stall do the extra extra mature cheddar and it has to be the strongest cheddar I have ever tasted. It stinks so you need to put it in a container in the fridge. This stuff pees all over so called x rated supermarket cheese.

It aint cheap but it's perfect with a glass of red and some crackers.

Sutton Coldfield famers market.....2nd Friday every month. Fowlers cheese stall do the extra extra mature cheddar and it has to be the strongest cheddar I have ever tasted. It stinks so you need to put it in a container in the fridge. This stuff pees all over so called x rated supermarket cheese.

It aint cheap but it's perfect with a glass of red and some crackers.

I want some.

• Like 1

A most excellent lunch yesterday at one of my old stomping grounds:

IMG_20130712_115141.jpg

1L Pepsi, Stella, grinder featuring steak, cheese, salami, mayonnaise, mushrooms, and olives.

(the Stella was the best beer on the menu; it was that or Bud or Michelob)

• Like 1

So what toppings would people recommend on a burger? Fancy something different later on (I don't do cheese)

I'd go with a beef patty, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. It's not a very popular or well known combination but I quite like it.

A most excellent lunch yesterday at one of my old stomping grounds:

IMG_20130712_115141.jpg

1L Pepsi, Stella, grinder featuring steak, cheese, salami, mayonnaise, mushrooms, and olives.

(the Stella was the best beer on the menu; it was that or Bud or Michelob)

It looks horrible but it sounds nice, if that makes sense.

AMERICANS Legov, AMERICANS.

It's only a liter.

I mean any convenience store worth it's salt sells half-gallon fountain sodas...

4xds.jpg

(Big Gulp: 1 quart; Super Big Gulp: 44 [uS] fl oz.; Double Gulp: 1 half gallon (1.9L))

Â