The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

will be going to see sabbath next year on their final tour but im not that overly bothered because the whole bill ward saga has left a bitter taste in my mouth and the whole situation within the band just feels tired and drawn out but as its the last tour i will be there. im more excited about hearing that ritchie blackmore is returning to rock for a brief tour with members of deep purple and rainbow to play setlists from both bands which will be cool, only four shows in europe though so im gathering it will be in and around germany as that was a popular place for both bands.

A lot booked in, Chris Young/Cam in Nashville, Opry 90th Celebrations in Nashville, Kacey Musgraves in Birmingham, Charlie Worsham in Preston, Brantley Gilbert in Birrmingham, a rockabilly alldayer at Drayton Manor, most of those in November.

• 2 weeks later...

Missed the fact Howlin' Rain are doing gigs in the UK, early in November. Going to have to miss them, due to other commitments. If you get the chance to see them in Leeds, Manchester, London, or Bristol, you should.

Guess again.

Off the top of my head, I reckon they're a New York-based instrumental fusion band led by Grammy Award-winning bassist, composer and producer Michael League.

I might be wrong though.

• Like 2

Went to see Ghost last night in Toronto. Holy cow, what a good show. I found the collective dumbness of their fan base a bit distracting, but the performance was on point. Great rock show.

• Like 1

Just booked up for Matt Berry and the Maypoles in December.

That'll be another one of my 'must sees' ticked off the list.

Is that Dave Berry's son and Chuck Berry's grandson?

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from seeing Johnny Marr @ the Town and Country club ( I refuse to refer to it by its corporate sell out name )

he's not bad and can certainly play a bit ...he'd make a great guitarist for a group  :)

even his own material most of which i'd never heard before was decent but the Smiths tracks easily stole the show ... Even got a guest appearance by Bobby thingy from Primal Scream during one of them

hes up and down the country on tour ... Well worth popping along to see him

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing Steve Hackett at Leeds Town Hall. First half solo material, second half old Genesis stuff.

TBH, only went because I had a free ticket. It was OK, impressive musicianship, but not really my bag.

Just back from seeing Johnny Marr @ the Town and Country club ( I refuse to refer to it by its corporate sell out name )

he's not bad and can certainly play a bit ...he'd make a great guitarist for a group  :)

even his own material most of which i'd never heard before was decent but the Smiths tracks easily stole the show ... Even got a guest appearance by Bobby thingy from Primal Scream during one of them

hes up and down the country on tour ... Well worth popping along to 

Is it weird him singing smiths tracks?

Â