The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

My 10 (almost 11) year old son is mad on the Manic Street Preachers.

I've booked some tickets to see them at the Civic on Monday.

Problem is, it says over 14.

He could pass for it, he's very tall. And previous gigs I've been to have all had kids there.

Anyone with any experience in this area? Would they be funny about it? I can't see how they could check ID etc for a 14 year old anyway.

I've done the same (not with your kid, with one of mine) and never had a problem.

I guess 9 times out of 10 you'll be fine, most stewards are ready for an easy life, very few jobsworths.

They might ask a few questions before letting you in, but if you tolerate this, then your child will be next.

• Like 3

He could pass for it, he's very tall. And previous gigs I've been to have all had kids there.

Anyone with any experience in this area? Would they be funny about it? I can't see how they could check ID etc for a 14 year old anyway.

I've done the same (not with your kid, with one of mine) and never had a problem.

I guess 9 times out of 10 you'll be fine, most stewards are ready for an easy life, very few jobsworths.

They might ask a few questions before letting you in, but if you tolerate this, then your child will be next.

2827884798_th_groan_xlarge.jpeg

Brilliant.
  • Like 1

Tom Russell tickets for October, yes!

Was hoping to go myself but I am on the states for the entirety of his tour. Been really enjoying his last, if not lengthy, album.

Tom Russell tickets for October, yes!

Was hoping to go myself but I am on the states for the entirety of his tour. Been really enjoying his last, if not lengthy, album.
Couldn't believe my luck - he does a US, Europe, Ireland & UK tour, and where is the last night? The Brudenell Social Club, just down the road from me! And yes, The Rose of Roscrae is superb.
  • Like 1

Why?
Because I like them and he's always listened to the music by default.

seeing a band tonight, Satans Barber Shop, seen them before and they are pretty good, from the harder edge of rockabilly. It is the first band in a long time due to a new dog and us not happy leaving him alone. Cant bloody wait.

watching the Manics gig live (delayed) on BBC2

that's £40 well saved

utterly static crowd, I think they thought it was doing to be 1Direction and took the wrong turn at the bridge

hopefully it warms up, but outdoor gigs in daylight were never really my thing

ok might be coincidence, but it's getting dark and the crowd appears to be getting more animated now

Edited by chrisp65

watching the Manics gig live (delayed) on BBC2

that's £40 well saved

utterly static crowd, I think they thought it was doing to be 1Direction and took the wrong turn at the bridge

hopefully it warms up, but outdoor gigs in daylight were never really my thing

ok might be coincidence, but it's getting dark and the crowd appears to be getting more animated now

Did they play PCP?

yes they did

I'm not the world's biggest manics fan, but I had a couple of mates there so I thought I should give it a try

I think I just need the greatest hits CD, that should be about right for me

I'm not much of a fan at all, however I have seen them live (was at a festival, and a girl who was there with us wanted to watch them, and I wanted to get into her pants), and they were decent. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kacey Musgraves is playing the Institute in November, going to get my ticket tomorrow (depending on how much they are) got a feeling I will end up going to that one on my own

one-beat-F.jpg?mtime=20150326160738

going to get tickets to this as well, GodDamn are headlining it and they are pretty decent, the rest of the bands look **** terrible but I'll pop along to it, its only £15 so can't really go wrong can ya

One Beat Records and mac birmingham present a one day outdoor festival featuring the best breakthrough bands from all over the UK in our Outdoor Arena.

Lineup:

God Damn, The Magic Gang, Youth Man, Jagaara, Kioko, Cold Ocean Lies, Kagoule, Faux Palms, Field Harmonics & special dj set from Jaws

Edited by leemond2008

Got Ride booked in, and probably going to purchase tickets for Mercury Rev, and Godspeed You! Black Emperor in the next couple of days.  

Edited by dAVe80

Kacey Musgraves is playing the Institute in November, going to get my ticket tomorrow (depending on how much they are) got a feeling I will end up going to that one on my own

one-beat-F.jpg?mtime=20150326160738

going to get tickets to this as well, GodDamn are headlining it and they are pretty decent, the rest of the bands look **** terrible but I'll pop along to it, its only £15 so can't really go wrong can ya

One Beat Records and mac birmingham present a one day outdoor festival featuring the best breakthrough bands from all over the UK in our Outdoor Arena.

Lineup:

God Damn, The Magic Gang, Youth Man, Jagaara, Kioko, Cold Ocean Lies, Kagoule, Faux Palms, Field Harmonics & special dj set from Jaws

Seen her a couple of times, excellent both times, still umming and aahing if to go to brum or manchester., 

• 2 weeks later...

Was at the AC/DC gig at Wembley last night. First saw them in the late 70's but haven't seen them live for around 20 years. Vintage performance and well worth the ticket price.

Â