The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Robert Plant was brilliant tonight on Cannock Chase . Played loads Zep stuff which was added bonus . Rob & his lovely mrs was there too ( he sat on a chair instead of slumming it down the front )

Ha, actually I stood when Planty came on, we moved forward a bit at the insistence of my mate who was there too :)

More zep than solo. Voice is still good. Can't go into detail now as we are at the Roadhouse Kings Norton for Metal to the Masses final. My stepsons band are on next. Winners get a slot st Bloodstock

The Mighty Wraith (our band) didn't win but got an invite to play at Bloodstock anyway. Probably for perseverance. Good result!

• Like 1

Rhythm Shakers last night in Nottingham. Potential gig of the year. Marriage proposal submitted to the lead singer.

Did he accept?

• Like 1

He passed it to the roadie, ever the bridesmaid.

roadies can be fun too!

I struck up a very good relationship with a roadie back in the day when I worked night shift at a hotel. Simply supplying copious amounts of biscuits and sandwiches got me a £50* tip, a pile of tee shirts AND the cassette out of their ghetto blaster.

*That's £50 back in about 1982!!! Pulled a donkey choker out of his pocket and peeled off tenner after tenner. I really don't think I'd ever seen so much money.

• Like 1

25ywqj5.jpg

24113cw.jpg

Amazing Russian festival stage - Alfa Future People - Wow :o

That looks like the kind of place, to bang a load of acid inside you and go missing for a weekend.

Thai phin guitar music (first exposure to this was via Mr Xann of this very parish).

Loved it, rhythmic music and partial nudity culminating in some incense then some messy paint throwing.

Wrecked my new hat and my suede desert wellies. 

Thai phin guitar music (first exposure to this was via Mr Xann of this very parish).

Loved it, rhythmic music and partial nudity culminating in some incense then some messy paint throwing.

Wrecked my new hat and my suede desert wellies.

Haha Xann can send you around the world in 30 seconds of music, you be careful taking recommendations off that scallywag [emoji1]
  • Like 1

Â