The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I was reminded the other day of a Stone Roses aftershow we put on back in the day, the band actually turned up too.

Twas a mental, mental night

I was also reminded of the first few times I saw them in Liverpool, they were bad goths and bad goths in the sense that they looked shite and played worse. Possibly one of the shoddiest bands I've ever seen

Not been remotely interested in any of the reunion gigs as I saw them enough times the first time around and me and enormodome gigs don't get on. Interested to hear the not album though, hope its closer to the second one than the first. The zip period was much better than the Byrds period

I was reminded the other day of a Stone Roses aftershow we put on back in the day, the band actually turned up too.

Twas a mental, mental night

I was also reminded of the first few times I saw them in Liverpool, they were bad goths and bad goths in the sense that they looked shite and played worse. Possibly one of the shoddiest bands I've ever seen

Not been remotely interested in any of the reunion gigs as I saw them enough times the first time around and me and enormodome gigs don't get on. Interested to hear the not album though, hope its closer to the second one than the first. The zip period was much better than the Byrds period

Blimey, I thought I was the only person on the planet who thought Second Coming was better than the first album. And not just marginally better - massively, phenomenally better.

• Like 2

I had a gig planned this weekend, the main artist cancelled, then the field was waterlogged where we were going to camp and the electric failed, so that was cancelled. This Thursday I was due to go see US Country singer, Brantley Gilbert, he has postponed due to the terrorist attacks in Paris. I understand that, us country artist playing dates in Europe.

That said Buzzcocks on Friday in Wolves.

Just got home from watching Kurt Vile at Leeds Uni. Was excellent, but the venue was terrible. Would like to see him again at a better venue, as I don't think this one did him justice. 

Got Mercury Rev on Thursday, in Hall 2 at the Sage. I know for a fact that venue is great, so shouldn't have the same issue.  

On 18 November 2015 at 01:11:53, tonyh29 said:

James tickets go on sale on Friday ... May as well close the best gigs of 2016 contest 

I'd rather go and see New Model Army and I really really don't ever want to see them again ;)

I have seen James and New Model Army and both were pretty good, aside from the tools actually sitting down for the former. Killing Joke, The Coral, Badly Drawn Boy and The Happy Mondays all have took evenings out of my life that I will never get back.

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have seen James and New Model Army and both were pretty good, aside from the tools actually sitting down for the former. Killing Joke, The Coral, Badly Drawn Boy and The Happy Mondays all have took evenings out of my life that I will never get back.

my uncle is a HUGE New Model Army fan and has seen them loads of times in england and abroad. hes even got NMA tattoos.

Saw The Buzzcocks at The Slade Rooms last night, seen quite a number of punk band over the years from the dreadful (Misfits), to the excellent (Ramones, NOFX, Dirtbox Disco) and just about everything inbetween, from original wave to young pretenders, but last night was the first time I had ever seen The Buzzcocks, seen Devoto, but not his old band. They were bad. They were very bad. Not a band I would see again, and I am a fan. They seemed disinterested, delusions of their own stature and they looked bloody awful. Their set list wasnt the best either.

Today its a rockabilly alldayer. 

Alabama 3

23204192885_d6f739ee43_k.jpg

For the first time ever, we took the ladies along, which put a slightly different dynamic into the night out.

Happy to report that for some, this meant sliding towards the back and to the side, but in my case, simply meant it took a little longer to get to the front. 

Keeper.

• Like 1

On 21 November 2015 at 07:29:34, Seat68 said:

Saw The Buzzcocks at The Slade Rooms last night, seen quite a number of punk band over the years from the dreadful (Misfits), to the excellent (Ramones, NOFX, Dirtbox Disco) and just about everything inbetween, from original wave to young pretenders, but last night was the first time I had ever seen The Buzzcocks, seen Devoto, but not his old band. They were bad. They were very bad. Not a band I would see again, and I am a fan. They seemed disinterested, delusions of their own stature and they looked bloody awful. Their set list wasnt the best either.

Today its a rockabilly alldayer. 

Only ever saw the Buzzcocks once, the support band were better… some band from Manchester who got pretty big once their singer topped himself

EDIT: My boss saw them the other night in Liverpool, he thought they were great but I've always been bit dubious about them live tbh

Â