The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Shonen Knife 2016 UK tour is April - May

it'll have to be Bristol for me

Better than Nirvana (If you were there, you know what I mean ;))

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Shonen Knife 2016 UK tour is April - May

it'll have to be Bristol for me

Better than Nirvana (If you were there, you know what I mean ;))

I've just watched a few of the tunes on youtube  ... they are a yoko ono parody act yeah ?

I've just watched a few of the tunes on youtube  ... they are a yoko ono parody act yeah ?

I'm guessing Yoko Ono was the only Japanese female you could think of?

To be fair, I think they are one of those band's you have to experience live. You go to a live show and it's just crazy loud rock and power pop fuzzy fun with 2 minute walls of sound one after the other after the other, bam, bam, bam.

You buy up all the CD's on the little stall on your way out. Play them in the car on the way home, hmmm, about a 1 in 4 hit rate. 

Live Band.

Anyway, if I look like this when I'm 54...

12862.jpg

...then something quite radical has happened...but yeah, you know what I mean...she's a Japanese, guitar playing lady that stays behind after the show for as many photo's and autographs as people want. Not bad for someone that has basically been on a perpetual world tour for 35 years.

• Like 2

I'm guessing Yoko Ono was the only Japanese female you could think of?

To be fair, I think they are one of those band's you have to experience live. You go to a live show and it's just crazy loud rock and power pop fuzzy fun with 2 minute walls of sound one after the other after the other, bam, bam, bam.

You buy up all the CD's on the little stall on your way out. Play them in the car on the way home, hmmm, about a 1 in 4 hit rate. 

Live Band.

Anyway, if I look like this when I'm 54...

12862.jpg

...then something quite radical has happened...but yeah, you know what I mean...she's a Japanese, guitar playing lady that stays behind after the show for as many photo's and autographs as people want. Not bad for someone that has basically been on a perpetual world tour for 35 years.

No it was more that Yoko Ono couldn't sing either but made some money out of it regardless  ...

I liked the sound of the first video I played , the drumming intro and the guitars were pretty decent .. then she started singing and kinda ruined it for me

can't fault their dedication though 

anyhows  talking of acts that can't sing and yet have made money ... I got me tickets to see The Stone Roses today 

But that means... you're going up.... North?!!!!!!!  Make sure you get all your jabs.

• Like 2

I have Kacey Musgraves next week, should be fun, will be the third time of seeing her, musically she is bloody awesome, physically she is perhaps the most beautiful woman I have actually seen in the flesh. 

Space are back \o/ - Well ok I've just realised they've been back for a while, and their "new" album ( Attack of the Mutant 50ft Kebab )  came out 18 months ago - still it's new to me and off to see them in a couple of weeks. Probably the first band I ever got into 'on my own' growing up in the 90's. Spiders was such a brilliantly bizarre album. Anyway, hopefully should be good fun.

anyhows  talking of acts that can't sing and yet have made money ... I got me tickets to see The Stone Roses today 

Yep and me, can't wait

Heaton Park 2012 is one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The crowd sung everything so Ian Brown didn't have to stay in key ;) . Enjoy.

• Like 2

Yep and me, can't wait

Heaton Park 2012 is one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The crowd sung everything so Ian Brown didn't have to stay in key [emoji6] . Enjoy.

Oh yes, fond memories of the Saturday at Heaton Park, such a good day [emoji1]

Yep and me, can't wait

Heaton Park 2012 is one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The crowd sung everything so Ian Brown didn't have to stay in key [emoji6] . Enjoy.

Oh yes, fond memories of the Saturday at Heaton Park, such a good day [emoji1]

Me too. Great day!

If it was closer to home I would pay the pesky touts the 150 bucks.

I have Kacey Musgraves next week, should be fun, will be the third time of seeing her, musically she is bloody awesome, physically she is perhaps the most beautiful woman I have actually seen in the flesh. 

Had to Mooney; she's absolutely delicious!

Had to Mooney; she's absolutely delicious!

she's so Texas it hurts

Â