The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

where you going to see him?

I'm going to The Sage in Newcastle

Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham.

Tonight - Can't bloody wait! :hooray:

Last night was bloody brilliant! He was on such great form. Great interaction with the crowd too, especially with a young Geordie lad, who almost stole the show. Gonna have to see something special, for it not to be my gig of the year!

Awesome gig, brilliant, yeah the geordie kid was funny as ****.

I've only just this second got home from it, 7 hours and 30 minutes on the **** megabus, I can't really complain it only cost £17 to get there and back

• Like 3

It was great mate! I must admit, I was playing, 'see if I can spot leemond' too. Although, not being 100% sure what you look like, you could have been anyone. Should have shouted, "DHUTWU", and see who reacted! 

• Like 1

where you going to see him?

I'm going to The Sage in Newcastle

Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham.

Tonight - Can't bloody wait!  :hooray:

Well, I think that was probably my favourite gig of all time.

I've been to hundreds and hundreds down the years so I can't really praise it any higher than that.

The man is an absolute phenom.

• Like 3

Blues Pills were amazing live. I fell in love with the lead singer Elin, she's so nice as well! Got a pic with her!

I watched Dub Pistols last night and they absolutely destroyed me. I'm used to posey crap London crowds, so it was really refreshing to see the crowd at this go absolutely nuts. Best gig for ages

SFA tonight, just a superb show, so glad I went now, having originally decided 30 notes was too expensive

a good boisterous crowd, I'm home and I whiff of sweat and beer (as always)

Magic Numbers were the support so that was yet another bonus

very happy

Seen both bands, more than once. SFA OK. My mate has been "intimate" with the hotter looking lass (not much of a choice granted) out the Magic Numbers.   

• Like 1

an ex girlfriend of mine liked Ozric Tentacles, I couldnt abide them and this was during a period that I smoked for britain, the current Mrs Seat had a tape of them when we first got together that disappeared shortly after.

• 2 weeks later...

My 10 (almost 11) year old son is mad on the Manic Street Preachers.

I've booked some tickets to see them at the Civic on Monday.

Problem is, it says over 14.

He could pass for it, he's very tall. And previous gigs I've been to have all had kids there.

Anyone with any experience in this area? Would they be funny about it? I can't see how they could check ID etc for a 14 year old anyway.

Tickets booked to see reverend horton heat play a rare uk gig, in July, should be superb. Last time I saw him he played well over 2 hours and brought Wayne Hancock on to guest for a few songs. One of my all time gigs that. I'm not even the fan, my wife is.

Edited by Seat68

My 10 (almost 11) year old son is mad on the Manic Street Preachers.

I've booked some tickets to see them at the Civic on Monday.

Problem is, it says over 14.

He could pass for it, he's very tall. And previous gigs I've been to have all had kids there.

Anyone with any experience in this area? Would they be funny about it? I can't see how they could check ID etc for a 14 year old anyway.

Should be fine if he's with an adult I would have thought.

Although if he is lucky they will refuse him entry, at least that way he won't have to see the Manic Street Preachers live

• Like 3

Â