The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Got my tickets for Neil Young - Thanks Mr Mooney. Opted for the cheap seats (I'd normally opt to stand, but my mate's Dad is coming with us) though, so paid £57 for level 3. From looking at the lay out of the arena, and the fact we're in row B, I think my view will be good regardless. Only gripe I have is the rob dog, bastards charges me £2.50 to print my own tickets!

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Got my tickets for Neil Young - Thanks Mr Mooney. Opted for the cheap seats (I'd normally opt to stand, but my mate's Dad is coming with us) though, so paid £57 for level 3. From looking at the lay out of the arena, and the fact we're in row B, I think my view will be good regardless. Only gripe I have is the rob dog, bastards charges me £2.50 to print my own tickets!

Excellent. Have you been to the Arena before?

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've not. I watch a lot of gigs in Leeds, but it's my first trip to the Arena. I'm not a huge fan of arena gigs to be honest. This is my first, since I saw Neil Young at the Newcastle Merto.

I've not. I watch a lot of gigs in Leeds, but it's my first trip to the Arena. I'm not a huge fan of arena gigs to be honest. This is my first, since I saw Neil Young at the Newcastle Merto.

No, I'm not a big fan of them either (give me the intimacy of the Brudenell Social every time), but that said, the Leeds one is not bad. It's designed for music, so there are no 'bad' seats, and the acoustics are pretty good. Looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

Has anybody seen 'from the Jam' live?

Would that be worth a £20 ticket?

I was fan No1 back in the day, but I'm fairly suspicious of these sort of partly staffed sort of reunions. Plus £20 is pretty much top end of what I'll pay (none of your lah dih dah £50, £60, £70 gig tickets here). On the other hand, this will be happening a few hundred meters from my house.

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was fan No1 back in the day, but I'm fairly suspicious of these sort of partly staffed sort of reunions. Plus £20 is pretty much top end of what I'll pay (none of your lah dih dah £50, £60, £70 gig tickets here). On the other hand, this will be happening a few hundred meters from my house.

I'd give it a swerve myself, especially as it's only Bruce Foxton now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last gig of the year tonight, The Neutronz here in Stafford, a neo rockabilly band in a similar vein to Restless, The Polecats etc. Seen them a few times this year more through circumstance rather than planning, that said they don't disappoint. Ideally I would like to end the year with a country music gig but as I kick off 2016 with a handful of fantastic country acts, happy to sip cider whilst watching this band from the north east. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got tickets for An Evening With Rick Wakeman.

I thought he was great as a presenter on Planet Rock, very funny guy with some cracking tales to tell.

Hilariously badly researched article in today's Daily Express, describing how David Bowie's guitarist Rick Wakeman turned down the Spiders in favour of glam rock band Yes.

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Hilariously badly researched article in today's Daily Express, describing how David Bowie's guitarist Rick Wakeman turned down the Spiders in favour of glam rock band Yes.

not even a fan and that entire sentence is wrong from start to finish, its almost as if they are trolling Bowies fans.

not even a fan and that entire sentence is wrong from start to finish, its almost as if they are trolling Bowies fans.

Just thick-as-pigshit lazy journalism.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 16:35, chrisp65 said:

bit late to the thread   ... but I kind of  saw them when they were touring as Bruce Watson , Mark unpronounceable , Bruce Foxton and Simon Townsend  under the name Casbah Club

they played Jam , Big Country and Stiff little fingers stuff as well as some of their own ( a sort of mash up between start and fields of fire *)  ... and then from the Jam came about as Townsend went off and joined his brother in The Who

* recorded from a  phone so not the best quality

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to secure tickets for Fish playing Misplaced Childhood (30th anniversary!)...missed out before Christmas as Symphony hall was sold out, now he's at The Robin 2 but that sold out too.

Nottingham Rock City it is then :)

Â