The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Where were they playing?

Mountford Hall, first time I’ve seen a band in there and thought it was decent. Only been in there once before to have a drink at a graduation and it didn’t strike me then as being that great for gigs. Wasn’t sold out so wasn’t too rammed, seems like it might not be so great if full. Few good pubs on the way in too - Peter Kavannagh’s, Blackburne, Caledonia and Cambridge.

9 minutes ago, chappy said:

Mountford Hall, first time I’ve seen a band in there and thought it was decent. Only been in there once before to have a drink at a graduation and it didn’t strike me then as being that great for gigs. Wasn’t sold out so wasn’t too rammed, seems like it might not be so great if full. Few good pubs on the way in too - Peter Kavannagh’s, Blackburne, Caledonia and Cambridge.

Having run the place for a few years, the accoustics are awful. We got the tech guys to run some tests and there are places under the balcony where the natural reverb delay is over ten seconds. Sound engineers hate the place

But as a punter it's a decent hall. Even at capacity its comfortable because there's lots of escape room in the bar areas so it's never THAT full and if the balcony is open thats a decent view too

PKs was my local for years, the Cambridge was the BA students pub of choice.

You missed ut the best pub in that little run though, The Belvedere tucked away in a little side street of Falkner St. Much like PK's it's a local boozer in the middle of town

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Having run the place for a few years, the accoustics are awful. We got the tech guys to run some tests and there are places under the balcony where the natural reverb delay is over ten seconds. Sound engineers hate the place

But as a punter it's a decent hall. Even at capacity its comfortable because there's lots of escape room in the bar areas so it's never THAT full and if the balcony is open thats a decent view too

Is that the place by the teepee, where we saw Doves, SFA etc.?

2 hours ago, bickster said:

You missed ut the best pub in that little run though, The Belvedere tucked away in a little side street of Falkner St. Much like PK's it's a local boozer in the middle of town

Excellent, will check it out

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

What. A. Show.

Ghost absolutely knocked it out of the park tonight at the NEC. One big party from start to finish with absolutely no letup. Stunning.

Bless you Papa Emeritus IV.

IMG_15042022_233555_(1000_x_1333_pixel).thumb.jpg.c994adca6521dec5ab02acb9fb4e88c7.jpg

Was there too (and probably in that picture as well).

Great band and absolutely fun live. One big party probably the right phrase. Did he tickle your taint? ;) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Was there too (and probably in that picture as well).

Great band and absolutely fun live. One big party probably the right phrase. Did he tickle your taint? ;) 

Haha. At the last gig I saw them in in Nottingham they wobbled our bottoms with that song.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Maserati at the O2 Academy Islington. Straight into my top 10 all time gigs that, they are fecking phenomenal live. That's one off the bucket list bands for me as well.

• Like 2

Architects tonight (with support from Malevolence and Sleep Token). The last few months are a bit of a blur, but I think it's the first gig I've been to since Svalbard in December. Can't bloody wait!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Architects tonight (with support from Malevolence and Sleep Token)

That's a great line-up to be fair. Especially love me some Sleep Token :thumb:

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Architects tonight (with support from Malevolence and Sleep Token). The last few months are a bit of a blur, but I think it's the first gig I've been to since Svalbard in December. Can't bloody wait!

Love their new song. Have a good one

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm too old for circle pits, **** me

You should come to Tool tomorrow. All seated so plenty of opportunity to twirl your moustache 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886xuqexpd91nb66hcmhj

Hope you enjoyed the gig though, think you’ve earned it :cheers: 

• Haha 1

Â