The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, av1 said:

After so many cancellations I’ve again got tickets for Ozzy Osbourne in June. Please be alive/well mate 🤣

Well the confirmation has just come through and I’ve screwed up, it’s June 2023. £160 down, he’ll definitely be dead by then 🤣

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Well the confirmation has just come through and I’ve screwed up, it’s June 2023. £160 down, he’ll definitely be dead by then 🤣

Is that the one with Priest supporting? I'm sure that was originally due to take place in Feb 2019 but postponed initially due to his health. That'll be over 4 year delay :crylaugh:

Just now, cyrusr said:

Is that the one with Priest supporting? I'm sure that was originally due to take place in Feb 2019 but postponed initially due to his health. That'll be over 4 year delay :crylaugh:

It is mate. I got tickets for me and the boy, he was buzzing when I told him, it was going to be our first gig together. Oh well, I’ll look for something else 🤣

40 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Somewhere in my flat I have tickets for that. F knows where though, I've had them for 3 years!

• Haha 1

First gig booked up since 2019!

Bob Vylan at the Academy in Brum in May. They are supposed to be amazing live so already looking forward to it 😃

I've bloody missed live music.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to my first gig in 2 years on Monday - Funeral for a Friend at the o2 in Brum. Some wonderful teenage-years nostalgia, as I grew up listening to that band.

Shame I ended up with Covid afterwards 😅. Though I think I got that from the pub a couple of days before.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886o7rgt5wo30b22wqbh3

I've seen them before, and would love to see them again. Just because it's midweek in August, so getting holidays might be an issue. It's not impossible though  Arab Stap are a Sunday night, so all good. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I've seen them before, and would love to see them again. Just because it's midweek in August, so getting holidays might be an issue. It's not impossible though  Arab Stap are a Sunday night, so all good. 

After the last 2yrs, if I like the look of a gig I just book it up and arrange around it 😁

although summer holidays do make it a little more problematic! 

• Like 1

As part of the BBC 6 Music thing, Manic Street Preachers are playing a gig in…. The Welsh Club!!!

Absolutely the best venue in Cardiff, but it has a capacity of 250.

Now I’m kinda luke warm on the Manics, they’re ok. But I know lots of Manics obsessives. Tickets for this will be in properly crazy demand. 

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

As part of the BBC 6 Music thing, Manic Street Preachers are playing a gig in…. The Welsh Club!!!

Absolutely the best venue in Cardiff, but it has a capacity of 250.

Now I’m kinda luke warm on the Manics, they’re ok. But I know lots of Manics obsessives. Tickets for this will be in properly crazy demand. 

Clwb Ifor Bach is one of the venues on my must visit list (maybe not for Manics though - those tickets will go rapidly!)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Clwb Ifor Bach is one of the venues on my must visit list (maybe not for Manics though - those tickets will go rapidly!)

I’ve got tickets for The Lovely Eggs in April or May which should be fun. Every now and again they throw in a freebie, this Friday night is a free Pys Melyn gig.

But I’ve not been ‘out’ in 2 years, so I think waiting until the end of April before I dip my toe back in the water is about right for me. 

I keep thinking ‘will this be my last rowdy gig?’ And I keep deciding I can go one more year as I’m completely relaxed with everyone else in the room presuming I’m just the dad taxi that has accidentally got a bit too in to it. I’m not ready for sit down gigs. If I’m gonna be sitting down for a gig I want chicken n chips in a basket, a pint of something awful and an Elvis tribute blowing all the fuses in the Social Club.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve got tickets for The Lovely Eggs in April or May which should be fun. Every now and again they throw in a freebie, this Friday night is a free Pys Melyn gig.

But I’ve not been ‘out’ in 2 years, so I think waiting until the end of April before I dip my toe back in the water is about right for me. 

I keep thinking ‘will this be my last rowdy gig?’ And I keep deciding I can go one more year as I’m completely relaxed with everyone else in the room presuming I’m just the dad taxi that has accidentally got a bit too in to it. I’m not ready for sit down gigs. If I’m gonna be sitting down for a gig I want chicken n chips in a basket, a pint of something awful and an Elvis tribute blowing all the fuses in the Social Club.

Bwahaha know how you feel but gone passed caring if I’m the oldest in the room (expect I’ll be chaperoning my kids at their gigs soon enough!) 

I’m not a fan of stadium gigs (due to crap sound and views!) and it’d take a certain group to watch sitting down (It suited The Divine Comedy and Gruff Rhys a few years back to be fair) 

for a small venue, Clwb Ifor Bach have some great bands visit. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bwahaha know how you feel but gone passed caring if I’m the oldest in the room (expect I’ll be chaperoning my kids at their gigs soon enough!) 

I’m not a fan of stadium gigs (due to crap sound and views!) and it’d take a certain group to watch sitting down (It suited The Divine Comedy and Gruff Rhys a few years back to be fair) 

for a small venue, Clwb Ifor Bach have some great bands visit. 

I defy anyone to name a venue that can serve a better tepid bottle of Desperado.

But the real joy of Clwb, is that I have a key for the roller shuttered limited hours NCP across the road in Westgate Street. I had a rental space agreement about 10 years ago, never handed the key back and they’ve never changed the locks. Free secure out of hours parking in central Cardiff.

It’s about a 50 metre walk from there to the Clwb, and half way along that walk is The City Arms which serves possibly the best pint of Dark, anywhere.

• Like 1

Â