The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 hour ago, Bob Funkhouse said:

Saw them last month at the mill. Way more visceral live, the bassist runs around like a toddler on all the E numbers. Cant wait to see em again in May at Bearded Theory. 

Just saw Sleaford Mods, Dry Cleaning, Billy Nomates and Warmduscher in Nottingham tonight. Highlight of the night was a special appearance from Amy Taylor from Amyl and the Sniffers. All that for £27. Bargain. 

Very tempted to get warmduscher tickets for their Exeter gig next year just because of their current track Wild Flower! 

18 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Very tempted to get warmduscher tickets for their Exeter gig next year just because of their current track Wild Flower! 

Well worth seeing, hang at the back though the mosh pit is nuts

• Like 1

Just bought tickets for next September for Elton John in Charlotte. Not a huge fan of him myself, but my mom is a huge fan and has never seen him in person before, this is his farewell tour, and will be her Christmas gift. She has done a lot for me and can't wait to tell her about it. Even though quite a long wait for it lol. But figured better go ahead and get them before they sold out.

12 hours ago, bickster said:

Well worth seeing, hang at the back though the mosh pit is nuts

The mosh pits were surprisingly pretty decent at Shame too. Wasn’t expecting it to be that lively - at least that got everyone warm 😁

Edited by theboyangel
  • Haha 1

On 28/11/2021 at 00:13, theboyangel said:

Shame tonight were phenomenal! Intense, aggressive and on point. 

an absolute juggernaut of a live act - if you get chance to see them do it! 

BA854422-4C05-4C94-A511-C335C6C73942.jpeg

was prepared to give them a go , but the video  i was watching 30 seconds in one of the band members was wearing an earing so I switched off , that's a sin even greater than shoes and no socks and one i can't over look 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

was prepared to give them a go , but the video  i was watching 30 seconds in one of the band members was wearing an earing so I switched off , that's a sin even greater than shoes and no socks and one i can't over look 

Aha, this will cure one of your mental afflictions then....

skynews-tim-booth-james-rock-star_435301

Wriggle out of that one!

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Aha, this will cure one of your mental afflictions then....

skynews-tim-booth-james-rock-star_435301

Wriggle out of that one!

Ha ..spookily enough as you must have been writing this post , i was thinking to myself ..Shit doesn't Tim booth wear one sometimes ... 

and thought , Nah it will be Ok , nobody will check  ...

• Haha 3

I got tickets to see Pigsx7 and The Lovely Eggs on Wednesday, but The Lovely Eggs have pulled out. Gutted. It was the only show on the Pigs tour they were supporting, I was hoping we'd get the first live performance of Hot Stuff. They're touring on their own next year but I don't think I like them enough to drive to Birmingham on a Thursday night.

We get Blom and Kulk instead, never heard of them!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Had friends up from that London for the weekend, and we took in a local gig by an old footballing mate of ours with his band. English folk rock (think Levellers/Oysterband/Richard Thompson) - not really my sort of thing tbh, but they put on a good set. 

FB_IMG_1638800514395.jpg

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I got tickets to see Pigsx7 and The Lovely Eggs on Wednesday, but The Lovely Eggs have pulled out. Gutted. It was the only show on the Pigs tour they were supporting, I was hoping we'd get the first live performance of Hot Stuff. They're touring on their own next year but I don't think I like them enough to drive to Birmingham on a Thursday night.

We get Blom and Kulk instead, never heard of them!

Sorry I missed Blom as we only had 1 support in Brum! Pigs x7 were on at 9 so nearly missed the start of them!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm meant to be going to Enter Shikari on Tuesday, not sure I'm feeling it tbh!

I enjoyed the Svalbard/Pigsx7/Bragg shows over the last few weeks but it's getting just a bit too covidy for me to enjoy it I think

Last gig of 2021 last night , Shed 7 at the roundhouse … few people decided to not attend so it was probably only 60% full which was a shame , but they still put in a great show as they always do 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I see Thom Yorke who is the singer in a band called Radiohead and Johnny Greenwood who is an Oxford musician have started a new band called, I think, The Smile and are doing 3 gigs. Tickets on sale Friday. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Â