The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Nicholas Cage started off quite promisingly. Wild at Heart, Raising Arizona etc

He went downhill after Con Air and Face/Off.

Done some decent work again recently tbf (amongst the crap)

Bad Lieutenant and Joe being the standouts.

• Like 2

RDJ to be in Cap 3 to kick off Civil War storyline. Amazings.

they also announced a new comic yesterday - 

Civil-War-2015-a2b41-720x1092.jpg

i dont think they can do it justice with just the avengers, they need everyone in it, especially the fantastic 4 and spiderman, could actually get me interested in the FF and spiderman for once... by the time it comes around they will have the vision, quicksilver and scarlet witch, ant man and maybe dr strange, daredevil, luke cage, iron fist, jessica jones

• Like 1

Nicholas Cage started off quite promisingly. Wild at Heart, Raising Arizona etc

He went downhill after Con Air and Face/Off.

Done some decent work again recently tbf (amongst the crap)

Bad Lieutenant and Joe being the standouts.

Bad Lieutenant is quality, Herzog FTW

• Like 1

babadook.jpg

One for the horror movie fans. It's getting some incredible reviews at the moment and if what i've read is to be believed, it's one of the best contemporary horrors for a long time.

Supposedly eschews the usual 'silence...silence ***BANG***!' scares of most modern horrors in favour of an effective story and well built tension.

As a horror fanatic, i'm looking forward to it :thumb:

I would like to second these sentiments. Looks proper. I watched the trailer with trepidation, hoping for not too many spoilers. There is an unnecessary reveal, but it does a great job of selling the film.

Cinema then home to sleep with the lights on I reckon. Can't wait.

• Like 2

I was going to post something very similar having seen the trailer at the flicks. Then I realised that umpteen modern horror flicks have good trailers but turn out shite, so I'll reserve judgement at the moment.

22 jump street - 9.5/10. Love the self depreciation in that film.

Wolf of wall street (again) (sry d-man) - 9.5/10

Hitchcock 9.5/10 - Hopkins was grand.

All is Lost - 9.5/10 - Robert redford is amazingly interesting for someone who only says 10 words in an hour an a half.

Spike Island - 9.5/10 - film about four young lads in Manchester who want to go to the Stone Roses gig on Spike Island in Liverpool in 1990. On sky movies atm. Pretty good maaan.

Spike Island - 9.5/10 - film about four young lads in Manchester who want to go to the Stone Roses gig on Spike Island in Liverpool in 1990. On sky movies atm. Pretty good maaan.

Watched this a while back, and has to be one of the biggest piles of shite I've ever seen. Load of Hollyoak level actors (and Daenerys Targaryn) (soz d) swagger around like Mancs do (not just any Mancs, baggy, ape faced Mancs, the worst kind), proclaim Manchester to be the greatest place in the world, and The Stone Roses to be the best band ever, and find ways to "jib" their way into the Roses gig. Worst of all they made a joke about The Fall being shit! :rant:  

Â