The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I never really watched Dad's army. And I completely believe that the film will be shit.

But with that cast I can't help but want to see it

My thoughts exactly . Just for aesthetic reasons I am hard pressed as to how they could have done better .

Electric Cinema doing Halloween allnighter

Carrie

The Shining

Rosemary's Baby

The Wickerman

That's a fantastic bill but I haven't got the patience/attention span to sit through it.

Electric Cinema doing Halloween allnighter

Carrie

The Shining

Rosemary's Baby

The Wickerman

That's a fantastic bill but I haven't got the patience/attention span to sit through it.

Bloody hell, that is very tempting. I **** love the Electric too  :wub:

Gone Girl spoiler

That scene with the box cutter. 

Thought that was typical Fincher. he does violence exactly how I like it to be done. Not gratuitous. Doesn't over do it like films like Hostel where you see gory stuff every 5 minutes. He chooses his moments brilliantly and really goes for it. Sometimes films need to be gory at the right moment and he picked it perfectly here.

That was the moment when you thought "**** me, this woman is a total psychopath". 

Similar to Lisbeth's rape scene in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the scene where Ed Norton beats up that pretty boy in fight club.

Loved that film. Still haven't seen it since the Cinema.

Night in on my own for me tonight so will take in a film or two in between episodes of The Killing.

Any Netflix suggestions?

I've got a Netflix queue as long as the amazon but always open to suggestions.

I wonder if tonight will be the night I finally get through Bladerunner without falling asleep.

Not that it's a boring film, just that I only really get into the mood for watching a film when I'm ready for bed.

Â