The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I like the guy from Zombieland. The one who did The Social Network and Now You See Me. I like that 'arrogant yet awkward' nerd character type, and he plays it well.

Now watch the double
I'll add to it to my 'to watch' list!

I like the guy from Zombieland. The one who did The Social Network and Now You See Me. I like that 'arrogant yet awkward' nerd character type, and he plays it well.

Now watch the double

Its highly recommended

Now watch the double

Its highly recommended

Adventureland and 30 minutes or less are also decent comedies in an era filled with shit.

Seven Physopaths  (2012) I had seen several good reviews of this film ,so decided to have a look.Not a bad film,but i must say i was disappointed with it.Just could'nt get into it. 6/10

Seven Physopaths (2012) I had seen several good reviews of this film ,so decided to have a look.Not a bad film,but i must say i was disappointed with it.Just could'nt get into it. 6/10

Interesting POV. I watched it on a train to Manchester from brum. Really liked it, I smiled and grimaced all the way through. It's a little bit throw away but I definitely got "into it". 7/10

I lean towards Pooligan's POV.

LIked it, but didn't think it was anywhere near as good as people had said. Which perhaps was the reason, I was expecting too much. 

Good film, but far from great,

Adventureland and 30 minutes or less are also decent comedies in an era filled with shit.

I wasn't that impressed with 30 Minutes or Less.

Was going to say the same thing, really didn't get on with 30 minutes or less, just found it incredibly boring.

Its pretty much the only Eisenberg film i didn't like.

• Like 1

babadook.jpg

One for the horror movie fans. It's getting some incredible reviews at the moment and if what i've read is to be believed, it's one of the best contemporary horrors for a long time.

Supposedly eschews the usual 'silence...silence ***BANG***!' scares of most modern horrors in favour of an effective story and well built tension.

As a horror fanatic, i'm looking forward to it :thumb:

• Like 3

Gone Girl was very good.

Usual Fincher brilliance. The ending didn't sit right with me and there are some pretty bad plot holes but he didn't write the thing after all.

Affleck put in a great performance but I still cannot stand Rosamund Pike. She was better in this than anything else but there is something about her that really grates.

8/10

Edited by sonic_bouma

Gone Girl last night - brilliant. There's a smaller indy-style cinema over here that really added to the intensity of some of the scenes. I'm sure some people would have hated being in that environment but created a fantastic atmosphere for me. 

Â